Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
RVman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

does it balance on a neck strap?
Old 11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: RVman

Just like lots of other transmitters, of many brands, it does not. That's why the various after-market devices have become so popular. I don't know of a transmitter that balances on a neck strap with the stock batteries.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:11 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RVman does it balance on a neck strap?
Aurora A9 Balance with Neck Strap

referenced Aurora 9 Mixes, Setups, Tips, Undocumented Features. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
czaiss

I took my radio out for a test. Didn't want to go out to the field so I tested in in my neighborhood.

I left the antenna inside the plane, sitting beside one of the servos. The plane and antenna were just slightly off pointing directly at the transmitter.

I took the transmitter out about 1000ft in a residential area with the range test, low power mode on. Atthis distance the airplane was still functioning perfectly but I did hear a continuous tone, Which appears to be a range out warning. It only went on went I blocked the transmission with my body but the airplane didn't even twitch and was still controllable, this is a telemtry based range out.

I thought there wasn't supposed to be a range out warning but during the low power mode there seems to be.. According to the manual there isn't, inany mode.

But as I mentioned before, if the low power mode gets 1000ft, not sure you have to worry about full power. I might test again what full power range is but will need to do that at the field. There isnt a long enough straight street around to do it.

Very impressed. My test assistant said he never even saw it twitch even while I was hearing the range out warning. Just smooth controls.

Does anyone know what the ratio of low power mode to normal transmitting mode is. We might be able to estimate actual range this way.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:36 AM
chewytm

Hitec is advertising in FlyRC, Model Airplane News etc that there is a package deal with tx and 7ch rx, plus 1 free 7-ch rx, plus another 7ch rx for USD39.99 extra. So far I cannot find any dealer that is upholding this offer from Hitec.

I am thinking of getting one of these, but cannot find any dealer with the Hitec offer.

chewy
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 AM
WILDBILL M

You get a coupon with your purchase to mail in for free RX plus another for 39 bucks. You don't get the deal from your LHS. This is explained in several previous posts.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 AM
89blackvert
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: chewytm

Hitec is advertising in FlyRC, Model Airplane News etc that there is a package deal with tx and 7ch rx, plus 1 free 7-ch rx, plus another 7ch rx for USD39.99 extra. So far I cannot find any dealer that is upholding this offer from Hitec.

I am thinking of getting one of these, but cannot find any dealer with the Hitec offer.

chewy

That is true... If you buy a Aurora9 and 7ch. rx (or evena 9 rx)it comes with a mail in rebate to order 2 more 7ch. rx for $40. The rebate comes in the box from what I understand, so dont worry where youbuy the tx. I have mine on order from Tower. Good luck!!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 AM
chewytm

Thanks for the replies. Now, do I have to send them in to Hitecrcd.com in the US? Is this offer open for foreign purchasers, as long as I am willing to pay for the postage?

Thanks for your help.

chewy
Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 AM
WILDBILL M

I sure you will get a reply as to what to do from Mike (Hitec Rep) He monitors this tread on a regular basis.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
griesel

I am having trouble setting up the throttle cut. I have a 5 servo Twist 60 with two aileron servos and have set up the throttle
curve with about 8 steps instead of 16 for the first section and 12 steps for the next section and 20 steps for the rest. All the
servo hi and low rates are set. All that is left is the throttle cut and I should be good to fly. I have the throttle cut activated
and set up for switch H on the temp end. Reverse is set for throttle Norm. EPA has been set up for wide open with throttle
trim at center and set up for closed with trim all the way down. This is where I have set all my planes for engine turn off
with the throttle trim. I have tried with Adjust to Trim set to INH and ACT. I have set the Cut Position to 0%. Normally I
start the engine; warm it up; then decrease the throttle trim until the plane just will not move. This setting means the engine
usually idles slow but does not quit when the stick is pulled all the way back. The plane also stops moving. When throttle
cut is activated it goes to the slow idle position but not off. If the stick is all the way back it does not do anything. I thought
throttle cut meant off!!!!. Help I must be missing something.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Activating the Adjust to Trim function allows you to set the cut position desired with the throttle trim when the switch is activated. So, just hold the switch (H) and adjust the throttle trim down until the engine dies.

Mike.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 AM
griesel

Mike I got to this point; moved the stick to bottom; moved the trim to bottom; held H on; and pressed set.
H is held on with a rubber band in the picture.
Then I backed out to main screen; moved trim to center; stick to bottom; turned H on; and the servo
did not move to fully close the throttle. I am still missing something.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12962.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1323478  
Old 11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
czaiss

The way you have it set, I believe the on/off are on the wrong sides, this screen is a throttle cut active, so you dont accidently cut your throttle while at 1/2 or more when probbably you dont mean to, You should set the on,on the bottom, off on the top, and set the value to about 15 to 30% depending on where it idles.

The way you have it set, even if you changed the on off to be correct ,you absolutely have to be at your minumum throttle setting for cut to activate, I would give it a little more leeway 15 to 30 was my choice

The issue is that ITISNOTINTHEMANUAL like it should be. Hint to people writing manuals.

The approach that I took was as follows.
1. set a value on the first screen the rate to about 20%, cant test this until the switch is setup though
2. then go set the switch to whatever, set which side you want the switch to activate the cut,
3. now go set the cut position, which is where you set where you want the throttle to be when you want it possible to cut.
I mentioned before on=bottom, off=top, set the value to about 15 to 30
4. now go back and set the rate,(which ishowmuch you want the servoto move when cut activates, or the position it moves to, just mess with it till it goes where you want)

the activation of the cut is an "and" situation, 2 conditions have to be met.
first the throttle has to be below the postion set in the cut position, and then you will need to activate the switch. Now that I have it setup I can see that I can hold the cut switch as long as I want while at higher throttle settings, but until I bring the throttle down nothing happens

Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
RVman

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

ORIGINAL: RVman

Just like lots of other transmitters, of many brands, it does not. That's why the various after-market devices have become so popular. I don't know of a transmitter that balances on a neck strap with the stock batteries.
Well you would think that designing a new tx from scratch they would make it so it balances half decently.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I don't get the whole transmitter balance thing. I have never used a neck strap, so I just don't get it. Please enlighten us.

The other thing I don't get is the people that say that a transmitter is heavier than another transmitter. Good God, if you can't support the weight of a transmitter for a 10-20 minute flight, you have more problems than a heavy transmitter.

Both of these things are non issues as far as I am concerned.

Greg
Old 11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Quite So!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

I don't get the whole transmitter balance thing. I have never used a neck strap, so I just don't get it. Please enlighten us.

The other thing I don't get is the people that say that a transmitter is heavier than another transmitter. Good God, if you can't support the weight of a transmitter for a 10-20 minute flight, you have more problems than a heavy transmitter.

Both of these things are non issues as far as I am concerned.

Greg
Me too!

As far as the balance thing goes who flies with the transmitter just hanging from the neck strap? You can't move the sticks without otherwise touching the case, and once you grab hold of it balance becomes totally irrelevant.

I think maybe people are just trying to find something to talk about.

TF
Old 11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
BuschBarber

I have never used a Neckstrap, but I know many who do. I fly with my Thumbs on the sticks, so I have more fingers under the Tx. Those that fly with Thumb and Forefinger on each stick have less fingers under the Tx. I would guess that if the Tx were not Balanced for the Neckstrap, it might be Bottom Heavy and require more pressure to keep Level.

Some use Trays hung from their shoulders, however, when I tried a Tray, I had a problem regarding getting my fingers under the Tx and it made it harder for me to keep my Thumbs stable. I am sure there are ways around this, but it has not been important enough for me to pursue. I have tried using the Thumb and Forefinger on each stick but it made me nervous so I have yet to try that again.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:56 PM
griesel

My Hitec Aurora 9 weighs 923.9 grams = 32.6 oz. = 2lb 0.6 oz
My Spektrum DX7 weighs 770.6 grams = 27.2 oz = 1lb 11.2oz
My JR 7202 weighs 829 grams = 29.2 oz = 1lb 13.2 oz
The Aurora 9 is heavier than the 7 track units.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Meyer1811

Well, I have yet to use a neck strap. The biggest benefit I can think of is a saftey net in case you were to drop the transmitter and to help keep it out of the dirt.

I haven't used a tray either, but have seen several people using them. They aren't for me at this point in time because I like to use the transmitter to block the sun.

I like the weight of the transmitter. It feels very solid and is not much heavier than my DX7. Yesterday I held it for an hour without any problem (not so my neck).

John

P.S. The more I use the transmitter the more I like it.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
BuschBarber

Do you find those weight differences are significant enough to affect your comfortability while flying?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
griesel

I notice the weight but I don't think it will be a problem for 15 minutes. I have not actually flown
a plane yet; still struggling with the setup. Even tho any one function is easier to set up, I think
the learning curve is as complex as the new learning curve on JR7202 or the DX7 due to increased functions.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:19 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sold on the A9. I have two Eclipse Sevens and purchased a 9CAPS about a year and a half ago because of the dual elevator function. I'm having buyers remorse concerning the 9C. with the exception of the dual elevator servo mix, I feel I took a step backwards and am not impressed with the radio at all. I'm happy to say that is one mistake I plan to correct eventhough it will cost me. By the time flying season hits my region again I will have purchased a new A9. in addition I will convert my newest E-7 to 2.4 as well. Keep putting the feed back on this thread folks, I appreciate and read it daily. Also, the balance and weight does not bother me. In fact, I prefer a TX that has a little weight to it. That was one of my gripes about the 9C. Although I feel it is a good radio it feels cheap in the hands to me and many others that are used to the E-7 Hitecs.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Scubadog

I talked to Dave from Radical RC http://www.radicalrc.com/shop/ and he said he had 5 A9's with 7 channel receivers in stock.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 AM
chewytm

ORIGINAL: Scubadog

I talked to Dave from Radical RC http://<font color=''#22229c''>http:...m/shop/</font> and he said he had 5 A9's with 7 channel receivers in stock.
I just checked the website. It said sold out

chewy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.