Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Scubadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

I just went there and it allowed me to add it to my shopping cart. Of course it was Saturday when I talked to him. You might call him.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to wait and buy it with the 9 channel rx when available.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM
bss_rcu

I'm planning to buy A9 2.4 with 7ChRx in a month or two. Had been following this thread on how A9 compares to Futaba 8fg. A9 will be my upgrade from Futaba 4Ch FM Skysport :-) . Can anyone tell me what's the package dimensions (size of the packaged box as it's packed). Also why is so much price difference between Tower and TBM? I'm planning to get it from TBM since it's listed at lower price there.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:47 AM
chewytm

I have some bad news from Brandon Lugo. Seems like Hitec USA's GM won't give foreign buyers the free rx if we are outside their normal distribution area. Even if we pay for the postage.

I didn't see any such restriction printed on their advertising did you? Did anyone see any such thing in their ads in FlyRC, MAN RCSF etc?

chewy
Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 AM
chewytm

Is anyone going to offer to claim the rx for us for a small fee, plus the postage, of course.

chewy
Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 PM
mikekomm
My Feedback: (9)

We finally got 10 more Aurora's in with the 7 channel receiver. We can ship orders on Monday. The first 5 guys to order will get free shipping. (lower 48 U.S. only)

Use the coupon code - "aurorafree" - when checking out

Additionally. you will get free shipping on everything else on your order including planes.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/advance...aurora&x=0&y=0

Mike
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Old 12-04-2009, 10:55 PM
CH Ignitions
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,Please let me know what is the deal with 9ch,I ordered at end of september.When they become available. I had late october,mid Nov,first week of december and today I went back to the store and ....they do not know a thing.
Also please can you tell me the telemetry Kit that supouse to come out,What will be able to do,what readings.and a rough estimate $ price

Tahnk you
Adrian
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

We've shipped numerous Aurora 9's w/7Ch RX's and the 9ch versions started shipping this week with the rest headed out the door early next week. A substantial amount of Aurora's will be in shops shortly.

The telemetry items are not due until Feb/March. The price for the full system that includes: Sensor station, (4) temp sensors, (2) RPM, fuel, GPS, and HPP-22 PC interface is around $250. Other packages will also be available as well as individual components.

Mike.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
inverted flyer

how big is this radio - how chunky? does it feel size-wise similar to a Futaba 7C... with a slightly large feel to it?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:02 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: inverted flyer how big is this radio - how chunky? does it feel size-wise similar to a Futaba 7C... with a slightly large feel to it?
Very comfortable with the molded rubber grips providing a positive feelwithout neckstrap nor tray. -some user feedback =
Aurora weight comparison-"griesel"
"My Hitec Aurora 9 weighs 923.9 grams = 32.6 oz. = 2lb 0.6 oz
. My Spektrum DX7 weighs 770.6 grams = 27.2 oz = 1lb 11.2oz
. My JR 7202 weighs 829 grams = 29.2 oz = 1lb 13.2 oz
The Aurora 9 is heavier than the 7 track units. "

Here are my answers - Don
1. Do you think the Aurora looks or feels cheap?
No, but my DX7 sure did that is why I got rid of it. I am pleased with the A9 look and feel I have a Futaba 9C and I like the heavier weight of a transmitter and that is why I like the A9. I do not like the red anodizing on the sticks though.
2. Does the external antenna bother you? If yes, to what degree?
Not at all, considering I had a Spektrum module in my Futaba 9C. That was a hideous module and connector setup. I was surprised to find the A9 module was not built in but to me it is not a big deal as it is much more concealed and I can lay the transmitter down without worrying that the coax connector is hitting the table.
3. If a module with the antenna hard mounted to it were available, would you prefer to have it over the wired version?
I barely notice it the way it is now so makes no real difference.

Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-05-2009, 07:17 PM
avronaut

ORIGINAL: inverted flyer

how big is this radio - how chunky? does it feel size-wise similar to a Futaba 7C... with a slightly large feel to it?
Dimensions are nearly similar to the Spektrum DX 7:

[link=http://www.flickr.com/photos/14005159@N00/4162409370/]Aurora 9 and DX 7 side by side[/link]

Regards

Uli
Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Minnreefer

I am mostly sold on this radio, I just need to come up with the money. One question, I have heard that the out of range warning does not work for the receiver voltage, is that a hardware issue or is it a software issue? Am I wrong about the out of range issue?

Thanks

Jon
Old 12-05-2009, 10:44 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Minnreefer I am mostly sold on this radio, I just need to come up with the money. One question, I have heard that the out of range warning does not work for the receiver voltage, is that a hardware issue or is it a software issue? Am I wrong about the out of range issue? Thanks Jon
As per Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

"Optima Basic Telemetry Includes Battery Voltage Level but not "Range Out warning". "
receiver voltage does work. -
Still await further clarification as to when the range Out Warning will be available, was lost in translation.

Regards
Alan T.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM
inverted flyer

has anyone used both the Futaba 8fg and the Aurora 9 for heli and what are your thoughts
Old 12-06-2009, 10:22 PM
zero244

I also concur the balance thing isn't a issue with me, I rarely use a neck-strap.
A few extra ounces of weight may actually make the radio feel more stable in your hands.
If a extra half pound of weight is an issue.......just pick up some slings to hold your arms.
I think so far the A9 is looking like the radio to get
The A9 may not be quite equivalent to the 12 and 14 channel systems. But I bet you will see the other brands come out with telemetry and touch screens with a folder style menu system with there next releases.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
bss_rcu

ORIGINAL: bss_rcu

I'm planning to buy A9 2.4 with 7ChRx in a month or two. Had been following this thread on how A9 compares to Futaba 8fg. A9 will be my upgrade from Futaba 4Ch FM Skysport :-) . Can anyone tell me what's the package dimensions (size of the packaged box as it's packed). Also why is so much price difference between Tower and TBM? I'm planning to get it from TBM since it's listed at lower price there.

Thanks.
Help pls!, Box dimensions are important, since a friend of mine will be carrying it for me from US.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Meyer1811

My box containing the A9 is 15 3/4 in long, 10 1/8 in wide and 4 5/8 in high (400mm x 257 mm x 120mm).

John
Old 12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
inverted flyer

will the Aurora be able to have its firmware updated off the web like the the 8fg can?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: inverted flyer will the Aurora be able to have its firmware updated off the web like the the 8fg can?
Yes:
Hitec Programmers -
Download updates for Aurora , other Hitec 2.4GHz & Digital systems (site under development)
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer Manual
as listed
Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
MikeMayberry

will the Aurora be able to have its firmware updated off the web like the the 8fg can?
Yes, with the HPP-22 interface. But it goes beyond that... you will be able to save/load individual model memories thus giving you the ability to share them with others simply by loading the file which could be downloaded from the web or e-mailed. FYI: You can also share set ups between radios with the trainer cord as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HitecMul.../0/0WeyfazmKGQ

Also with the HPP-22 connected to the module and plugged into a laptop you can log and capture the telemetry data, and even view the models flight path in a google earth app. This applies to the module so this capability is not limited to the Aurora only.

The software is close to being finalized, so it and the HPP-22 will be available very soon.

Mike.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
CommonSenseRC

FYI. For those of you who haven't been able to get your hands on one yet, we have a handful of both the 7-ch and 9-ch in stock at our website:

http://www.commonsenserc.com/advance...aurora&x=0&y=0
Old 12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Yes, with the HPP-22 interface. But it goes beyond that... you will be able to save/load individual model memories thus giving you the ability to share them with others simply by loading the file which could be downloaded from the web or e-mailed. FYI: You can also share set ups between radios with the trainer cord as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HitecMul.../0/0WeyfazmKGQ

Also with the HPP-22 connected to the module and plugged into a laptop you can log and capture the telemetry data, and even view the models flight path in a google earth app. This applies to the module so this capability is not limited to the Aurora only.

The software is close to being finalized, so it and the HPP-22 will be available very soon.

Mike.

This just KEEPSONGETTINGBETTER, Mike!!!!!!! The telemetry feature is going to be a lot of fun! Downloading the setups....wow....that's pretty cool!!!!!!!!
Let us know when three axis autopilot is built in.... :-)))
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
bss_rcu

Duplicate post : Deleted.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 AM
bss_rcu

ORIGINAL: Meyer1811

My box containing the A9 is 15 3/4 in long, 10 1/8 in wide and 4 5/8 in high (400mm x 257 mm x 120mm).

John
Thanks John!! That helps a lot!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

Mike, I am sold on this radio. I've been a big Futuba fan since I started flying but I have to spend $600+ to get one with sliders and the other goodies I like. I got one question, can I use the Futuba 6EX 2.4 with this radio for training?

Too bad I already got my Christmas present in August lol, gonna have to wait until after the new year now.

Shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.