Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:58 AM
PLANEIAC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Can someone tell me where HITEC rx are manufactured?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:55 AM
notruthless

Mine say "Phillipines".
ORIGINAL: PLANEIAC

Can someone tell me where HITEC rx are manufactured?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PLANEIAC Can someone tell me where HITEC rx are manufactured?

Country of origin - JR, Spektrum & other OEM RC Systems are made in
extract
"Hitec systems not assembled in Korea are assembled in the Philippines
where all senior supervisory staff are seconded from Korea so quality control,
unlike the other major brands which OEM to other brand factories, is secure.
Hitec RCD Korea and Hitec RCD Philippines factory photos."

perhaps also of interest:
Counterfeit or Bogus Transmitters, Receivers, Servo etc

with other brand name web pages under "Country Lists" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 PM
PLANEIAC
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info.
I am considering this raidio
Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 AM
JIMF14D

It is a great radio! Operating without a glitch since March 2010 for me. Very easy to program, great features for the price.

Jim D
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
kreto

hi
'm tired of spectrum tx and think of aurora 9 but is the "dead band issue" be fixet
Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 PM
kreto

ups
Old 02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
mauryr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: A.T.

- The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.

Alan T.
This is simply not true. When using dual receivers the telemetry data will come arbitrarily from either receiver.
Strength of the signal seems to have some effect on which receiver's data will be displayed.
Using 2 receivers powered by different voltages you can see the voltage meter on the aurora's display jump back and forth over and over.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: kreto hi 'm tired of spectrum tx and think of aurora 9 but is the "dead band issue" be fixet
Null Zone aka Dead Band issue - Dead (does not apply to any Aurora 9 issued after April 2010.)

Most other questions answered
ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: mauryr This is simply not true. When using dual receivers the telemetry data will come arbitrarily from either receiver.
Strength of the signal seems to have some effect on which receiver's data will be displayed.
Using 2 receivers powered by different voltages you can see the voltage meter on the aurora's display jump back and forth over and over.
Are you running current/matching firmware in all units? some thing may have changed
since original information was posted.
Current firmware for optimum performance:
. Aurora 9 V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
. Optic 6 Sport V1.04(1)
. Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
How to update Hitec TX with fixed "modules" such as Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5)
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.02(0) 07 Oct 2011
. HPP-22 Software Version 1.11.1 - October 24th, 2011 (Added Update Function for HTS-Navi)

Unusal to run different voltages to the separate transceivers/receivers, amunsure as to what the effect
that would have; what happened when similar packs were used?.
If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed -
Avoid
Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual Redundant receivers - The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.

Alan T.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 PM
mauryr

ORIGINAL: mauryr This is simply not true. When using dual receivers the telemetry data will come arbitrarily from either receiver.
Are you running current/matching firmware in all units? some thing may have changed
since original information was posted.
Current firmware for optimum performance:
. Aurora 9 V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
. Optic 6 Sport V1.04(1)
. Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
How to update Hitec TX with fixed "modules" such as Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5)
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.02(0) 07 Oct 2011
. HPP-22 Software Version 1.11.1 - October 24th, 2011 (Added Update Function for HTS-Navi)

Unusal to run different voltages to the separate transceivers/receivers, amunsure as to what the effect
that would have; what happened when similar packs were used?.
If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed -
Avoid
Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual Redundant receivers - The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.

Alan T.

It is no longer a problem since both receivers lost signal at 550 m then crashed & burned. Tx was at 1.08(1), spectra was at 2.0, receivers were at latest firmware at the time (october 2011).
I was running different voltages because one was powered through a powerbox and the other one was intended to monitor ecu battery voltage.
The three batteries (2 for powerbox, one for ecu) were not connected to each other (ecu battery was on spc), so this does not apply:

Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: mauryr
>
>
>
>
I just love these statements that reman unexplained.

If the loads on the batteries are working independently, each load does not know what the voltage is on the other load.

How does a load on a battery know what chemicals are producing the voltage and current source ?

That is beyond my logic.

If the two systems are working on their own independently it should make no difference what kind of battery is used as long as the batteries are suitable for each system.

Zor

Old 02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
JIMF14D

550m means 550 meters away from the Tx?
Old 02-25-2012, 04:57 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Zor
ORIGINAL: mauryr If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry
If the loads on the batteries are working independently, each load does not know what the voltage is on the other load. How does a load on a battery know what chemicals are producing the voltage and current source ? That is beyond my logic. If the two systems are working on their own independently it should make no difference what kind of battery is used as long as the batteries are suitable for each system.
Zor
"If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry"
A matter of interpretation?
Means two or dual batteries into each unit, not as OP noted as single power supplies into
two (dual) separate transceivers.
And yes it does make a big difference to areceiver (Optima transceiver servo bus - SPC port is powered separately)if different voltages, especially packs with different chemistries are used (obviously excluding where a regulator has been used) as has been witnessed andas documented by others over past 15+ years. Several reference to confirmation by a qualified battery engineer and others acknowledged as leaders in that field, were made available previous post.

Alan T.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: mauryr If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry
If the loads on the batteries are working independently, each load does not know what the voltage is on the other load. How does a load on a battery know what chemicals are producing the voltage and current source ? That is beyond my logic. If the two systems are working on their own independently it should make no difference what kind of battery is used as long as the batteries are suitable for each system.
Zor

"If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry "
Means two or dual batteries into each unit, not as OP noted as single power supplies into
And yes it does make a big difference to a receiver (Optima transceiver servo bus - SPC port is powered separately) if different voltages, especially packs with different chemistries are used (obviously excluding where a regulator has been used) as has been witnessed and as documented by others over past 15+ years. Several reference to confirmation by a qualified battery engineer and others acknowledged as leaders in that field, were made available previous post.

Alan T.

All this does not change my previous posting.

If one wishes to use two batteries on the same load we may have two scenarios _ _ _

1- They are not used at the same time _ _ _ but they should have the same voltage as required by the load.
In this case I cannot see that the chemistry is important in as much as the current demand is met at the proper voltage.

2- They are both used at the same time _ _ _ then they are connected in parallel and quite obviously they must have the same voltage and chemistry. Preferably they should be identical from the same manufacturer. The only reason to connect two batteries in parallel is to have more total capacity available.

I did not detect originally that the dual batteries were to supply the same load (the same unit).

Zor

P.S.: Edited to correct "nay" to "may".

Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

And good morning . Bright sunny day , but it,s cold , and windy .

I have a plane that I have installed an , on board glow driver . it,s pluged into channel #5, and I,ve assigned channel 5 to J3 .

I have tried several times to program a switch to channel 5 , what am I doing wrong ? , or am I mistaken , can it be done ?

Thank for looking in

Michel
Old 02-26-2012, 12:10 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle Hi And good morning . Bright sunny day , but it,s cold , and windy .
I have a plane that I have installed an , on board glow driver . it,s pluged into channel #5, and I,ve assigned channel 5 to J3 . I have tried several times to program a switch to channel 5 , what am I doing wrong ? , or am I mistaken , can it be done ? Thank for looking in Michel
If the function required is a simple on/off, why is it necessary to assign Ch5to J3?
(mode 2 Thr?) in lieu of justa switch or even the CT. LT, RT or sliders.

Alternatively, use simple on board glow drivers as attached.

Alan T.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mk27207.pdf (36.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Michel

Hi AT

Well it,s very simple ,............

I may want to turn off the glow driver , and work on the controls . Honestly , I don,t need ch#5 , if I set it up simply . I just have to press the set button on the glow driver , and connect it to ch #3 with a y-harness .
But , I want the option to turn it on or off when I desire

Michel
Old 02-26-2012, 01:09 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Simply use a round wheel on the servo that has a notch cut in it. Mount a roller snap switch so that it is on when the roller is in the notch. When you use a channel to move the servo it turns the glow plug on through the roller switch. People have used a similar system for years on the throttle serov to turn on a glow plug ignitor at idle.
John
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 AM
mauryr

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

550m means 550 meters away from the Tx?
Yes, not considering elevation.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 AM
mauryr

Zor

"If using dual batteries to each transceiver/receiver, never use different voltages or chemistry "
And yes it does make a big difference to a receiver (Optima transceiver servo bus - SPC port is powered separately) if different voltages, especially packs with different chemistries are used (obviously excluding where a regulator has been used) as has been witnessed and as documented by others over past 15+ years. Several reference to confirmation by a qualified battery engineer and others acknowledged as leaders in that field, were made available previous post.

Alan T.

All this does not change my previous posting.

If one wishes to use two batteries on the same load we may have two scenarios _ _ _

1- They are not used at the same time _ _ _ but they should have the same voltage as required by the load.
In this case I cannot see that the chemistry is important in as much as the current demand is met at the proper voltage.

2- They are both used at the same time _ _ _ then they are connected in parallel and quite obviously they must have the same voltage and chemistry. Preferably they should be identical from the same manufacturer. The only reason to connect two batteries in parallel is to have more total capacity available.

I did not detect originally that the dual batteries were to supply the same load (the same unit).

Zor

P.S.: Edited to correct "nay" to "may".

I think, from a big company's perspective, it's just a "safe statement for dummies" to claim you cannot use different batteries. Batteries to not need to be from the same company, of equal sizes or even of the same chemistry, as long as you know what you're doing when pairing them up.
If 2 batteries (same voltage) in parallel are connected to a load, they will automatically supply more or less current to the load depending on their voltage drop rate. So you could possibly have a 3s 100A battery (such as a 5000 mAh 20C) connected in parallel with a 3s 10A battery (such as a 500 mAh 20C). The 5000 mAh battery will supply most of the current during discharge, while the smaller battery provides what it can, because as soon as the smaller battery is loaded, its voltage drops. So by doing this weird pairing, you end up with a 5500 mAh 3s battery capable of a 110A max discharge rate.

It's a different story altogether when you put batteries in series: in this case you don't need the same voltage (you can put a 6s battery in series with a 2s to make an 8s pack) but you do need similar discharging properties and similar discharging currents, if you care for the battery's life and to be able to fully discharge the composed pack.
In my previous example with a 5000 3s 20C in series with a 500 3s 20C, you'd end up with a 6s pack with a maximum discharge rate of 10A and 500 mAh weighing 500g

So to summarize:
-batteries in parallel: capacity is the sum of the capacities, voltage of the cells must be equal, maximum current is the sum of the maximum current of the single batteries.
-batteries in series: capacity is the capacity of the smallest battery, voltage is the sum of the voltages, maximum current is the maximum current of the battery providing the least current.

Just to prove these are not just theories: I've been flying successfully (at least 40 times) on a very crappy chinese pack composed of a2450 mAh 20C 3s pack in parallel with a 2000 mAh 20c 3s pack of a different brand. At some point I even did a few flights putting this in series with a 4900 mAh 20C 3s pack of yet a different brand to make a 4459 mAh 20C 6s pack.
This messy thing managed to push a 60A EDF through at least 5 flights, while I was getting better packs to use. All 3 lipos are still in use and did not puff or suffer from the pairing.

This is my experience on the matter, to each their own considerations.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Zor
Banned

mauryr,

Thanks for a well written article you posted.

Whatever considerations anyone may have will never change the known laws ofelectrical voltage and current behavior in electrical circuits.

Zor

Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
JIMF14D

Wow, Iwould worry about the 1788ft + slant distance range as much as the battery story!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
mauryr

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Wow, Iwould worry about the 1788ft + slant distance range as much as the battery story!
What exactly would the connection be?...

Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Wayne Miller

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi

And good morning . Bright sunny day , but it,s cold , and windy .

I have a plane that I have installed an , on board glow driver . it,s pluged into channel #5, and I,ve assigned channel 5 to J3 .

I have tried several times to program a switch to channel 5 , what am I doing wrong ? , or am I mistaken , can it be done ?

Thank for looking in

Michel
Hi,

Nobody has answered the specific question (posted earlier in this thread) shown above, although I've seen a couple of work arounds posted.

Does anyone know how to assign channel 5 to a switch so that the servo on channel 5 goes full one way, and full the other way when the switch is turned on/off?

If so, can you post how you did it?

I'm sure the Aurora 9 must be able to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.