Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 178 of 199 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4953

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Mike, Imade my first few flights with the HTS-Voice thingie today on a 3D HOBBIES EDGE 41. Works fine so far for current, volts, rpm, speed and altitude. One oddball thing to note is that when sitting on the ground the TM reads 0Ft altitude on the A9 display but the voice says something like 1096 feet. Once up and away it reads what seems to be a good altitude. Isuspect this is a minor software detail in the Voice thing.

I did learn today that trying to reach the AMA altitude limit of 400 feet just to get a feel for it is not that easy to get comfortable with as the plane looks pretty small at 300 feet! 75 to 150 is a normal altitude for me it seems.

Now the trick with the Voice thingie is to remember to fly the plane and not just listen to the voice!

The current reading seems pretty accurate. Moto-Calc predicted 32.9 amps with the engine/esc/battery/motor/prop combo Ihave on the ground and the TM HTS voice thing was reading 33 amps at full throttle on the ground.

When Iget a chance I am going to move the TM stuff to my Habu to get a feel for the current, speed and altitude range. Imade a little 3" adapter cable with Deans conectors on both ends and the current probe loop around one wire so Icould move the current sensor to different planes without having to undsolder the connector on the ESC to slip the current loop over the wire on each plane.

Have fun,
    Jim D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jim,

Can you post a pic of your adapter? I was thinking of making one myself.

Andy
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a picture of the little current probe battery/esc adapter. On the lower left you see the little black current loop around one wire. The multicolor wires to the upper right are the current probe leads to the Hitec Sensor Blue TM station. The Deans connector to the lower right plugs into the battery. The ESC plugs into the Deans connector that you see at the top. The other red connector is connected across the ESC leads to measure voltage if you want to send that to the sensor station. You don't really need that since the normal Hitec RX voltage telemetry will downlink the RX battery voltage to the HTS-VOICE. You would use the little connector and the HTS Blue voltage connector to send battery voltage to the sensor station if you wanted to say see your battery voltage from a LIPO directly and also monitor the normal RX from the ESC BEC.

Have fun!
    Jim D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84807.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	1749731  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good Morning

Hey Jim ,........... thanks for the evaluation on the voice moduel . I got mine in yesterday . I will be sure to go over youre post when I get the firmwear is installed . I lent out my HP-22 , which I don,t use often . I only need it when I lend it out [&o] . Looks and sounds like a fun gadget

Michel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax72869.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	1749920  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is it posible to recalibrate the A9 stick input? I'm setting up a DJI Naza quadcopter, and it has a calibrating system like the realflight simulator.
    You move the stick in all axis and then let go to make them center. When I let go the aileron axis is so out of line, that the ali screen shows black and not within the field it need to be to turn green. I guess this is a bad pot, but can it be calibrated?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jesper1979 Is it posible to recalibrate the A9 stick input? I'm setting up a DJI Naza quadcopter, and it has a calibrating system like the realflight simulator. You move the stick in all axis and then let go to make them center. When I let go the aileron axis is so out of line, that the ali screen shows black and not within the field it need to be to turn green. I guess this is a bad pot, but can it be calibrated?
    If there is an error on the A9, it should show up in the monitor screen.
    Before setting up a new model on any Tx, reset that model number memory to ensure
    all extraneous information such as trim, EPA etc are removed. Then go to settings<
    [Model]<[Monitor] and check all sticks center correctly.
    If all AOK then problem is with the new Quadcopter settings. If stick center is incorrect
    on screen then email/phone:
    Hitec Warranty & Service
    Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.(- Closed Weekends)
    • If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
    Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Aurora 9 - TriCopter & MultiCopters
    provides threads and posts byother A9 - Naza Quadcopter users who
    may have faced and resolved similar issues. As OP may no longer be watching forums a PM might work

When quad is up and flying, new NAZA users will appreciate your tips and relative Zip file posted to
    Aurora 9 - Model Set Up & Templates Program (Model) Templates.
    (Download existing Set Ups and transfer to your Aurora. Upload & share your own set ups/solutions.)

Alan T.
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
    R/C hobby consultant for various companies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just ordered an A9. Will I have to purchase an HPI-22 to upgrade my new A9, or will it have the latest firmware. They shop I am buying from just received a new shipment from Hitec.
    Thanks,
    Oscar

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It will have the latest software installed. Go to the Hitec site and grab the coupon for a free receiver. That coupon will allow you to purchase an additional receiver at half price and the HPP-22 is half price also.
    John

EDIT-> link http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/2012LTO.pdf
    Have desk ... Will Fly.... Saito Member #467
    Ultimate Brotherhood #11, Ultra Sport Brotherhood #90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

I believe ( not sure ) , there,s a special coupon for the HP-22 also . A friend of mine just bough one and there was something on the HP-22

BTW ,.............. youre going to love this radio

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Everybody,
    Just got my A9 and I set up my Optima 7 with some severos just playing around. I set it up like you would for an electric, with a BL motor, ESC/w built in BEC and a 3-cell lipo. I plugged the lead from the speed control to channel 3, and plugged the jumper in the SBC slot. When I power up and look at the receiver voltage it reads 5 volts. I suspect that is the regulated voltage from the Bec. Is that how the telemetry works. I thought in the above setup the A9 would read the voltage of the battery before the Bec, but I guess that is all the transciever sees, the 5 volts from the Bec. Is there a way to get the telemtry to read the raw lipo voltage?

Thanks
    Edit: Nevermind I just figured it out. I got a pigtail with a red and black wire in my package, I wondered what it was for, any way I used it to plug into the SBC slot from the balance plug of my lipo. Now I'm reading the voltage from my motor battery. Much more usefull than reading 5 volts all the time.

Edit: I have the form for the free receiver and half price second receiver, but there is no address on the form. Anybody have the snail-mail address for the free receiver offer.

Thanks again

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SBOT
    Hello Everybody,
    Just got my A9 and I set up my Optima 7 with some severos just playing around. I set it up like you would for an electric, with a BL motor, ESC/w built in BEC and a 3-cell lipo. I plugged the lead from the speed control to channel 3, and plugged the jumper in the SBC slot. When I power up and look at the receiver voltage it reads 5 volts. I suspect that is the regulated voltage from the Bec. Is that how the telemetry works. I thought in the above setup the A9 would read the voltage of the battery before the Bec, but I guess that is all the transciever sees, the 5 volts from the Bec. Is there a way to get the telemtry to read the raw lipo voltage?
    Thanks
    Edit: Nevermind I just figured it out. I got a pigtail with a red and black wire in my package, I wondered what it was for, any way I used it to plug into the SBC slot from the balance plug of my lipo. Now I'm reading the voltage from my motor battery. Much more usefull than reading 5 volts all the time.
    Edit: I have the form for the free receiver and half price second receiver, but there is no address on the form. Anybody have the snail-mail address for the free receiver offer. Thanks again
    Please refer to:
    Limited Time Offer 1/2 price limited time specials on some items & Promo packs at foot of page.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
    Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
    & Telemetry
    - FAQ & Undocumented Features
    - Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can you tell me where to connect the pigtail to, so I can see the correct reading.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The plug I used came with the ends stripped and tinned with solder. I plugged the red wire into the red wire on the balance plug, it fit just right, and I plugged the black wire into the black wire in the balance plug, farthest away from the red wire. Plug the other end, the one with the female servo plug into the SBC slot on the receiver. If the voltage you read is not high enough, you are not reading all the cells. Test the leads on the balance plug to see which 2 read all the cells. All of my lipos are as I stated red wire and black wire farthest away.

Hope this helps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bearcatt1 Can you tell me where to connect the pigtail to, so I can see the correct reading.
    ORIGINAL: SBOT The plug I used came with the ends stripped and tinned with solder. I plugged the red wire into the red wire on the balance plug, it fit just right, and I plugged the black wire into the black wire in the balance plug, farthest away from the red wire. Plug the other end, the one with the female servo plug into the SBC slot on the receiver. If the voltage you read is not high enough, you are not reading all the cells. Test the leads on the balance plug to see which 2 read all the cells. All of my lipos are as I stated red wire and black wire farthest away. Hope this helps
    Never use balance plug for connection to the SPC port. The wires are fragile and using the balance
    plug has led to the loss of several models, refer to diagram and pictures under:
    Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC connection & Lead FAQ for EP & GP models.

following may also assist:
    Optima Transceiver (RX) - EP Models Use SPC Port for RX Power Supply (BEC only is unreliable) & correct Battery Telemetry.
    Optima Transceiver (RX) - Polarity of Ports & Servo Leads - with pictures.

with much more under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
    Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
    & Telemetry
    - Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

My memory isn,t what it use to be , ........... so can someone jog it for me .

Can we Fast-Charge the A-9 through the charge port ? I have a standard battery

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle Hi My memory isn,t what it use to be , ........... so can someone jog it for me . Can we Fast-Charge the A-9 through the charge port ? I have a standard battery. Michel
    Negative, please refer to:
    Aurora 9 - Lipo & Field Charging.
    includes Fast Charge Aurora, Eclipse 7,
    Flash 4&5, Laser, Optic 6, Prism 7 etc.

Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi AT

Well if I read everything correctly , , " NO " , I cannot , " FAST " charge the transmitter battery through the charge port , even if I have regular battery's . is this correct ,.................... ?

I already have the part # 58307 ,................. twice , I must remove the battery ,.............. correct ?

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: A.T.Never use balance plug for connection to the SPC port

I do not disagree with you, but never is such a strong word. I'm talking about a 14oz flat foamie with an 800MA 2s lipo and a 50 watt motor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle
    Hi AT, Well if I read everything correctly , , " NO " , I cannot , " FAST " charge the transmitter battery through the charge port , even if I have regular battery's . is this correct ,.................... ?
    I already have the part # 58307 ,................. twice , I must remove the battery ,.............. correct ?
    Michel

Correct, extracts from referred page:
    "2) Remove battery from case by gripping rear of battery plug and lifting rear slightly to release the locking tongue,
    (see pictures) and gently slide out. Do not pull the wires.
    3) Connect #58307 to charger, connect battery pack and charge in terms of relevant charger instructions for battery
    cell type/count.
    5) Diode in TX Charge Circuit Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diodes - Hitec FAQ.

Also be aware that fast charging NiMH batteries does shortenoperating life and charge usually
    terminates at 80%. Good reading available under Aurora A9 - Battery is not charged.

Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I have seriously gone through over 3/4's of this post (and countless others). I'm currently on a JR 9303 and looking to update. I like all of the features of this A9 but I keep reading good and bad about it. I found threads that I can use it with DSM/DSM2 (all of my current gear is DSM related) if I purchase a module. I've also seen threads where people are modding the circuit board. I've read about the delay from transmitter to receiver and seen a few of the videos. A couple of questions:

Can someone please point me to where I can purchase that module that makes it compatible with DSM/DSM2?

Will this also make it compatible with DSMX?

Is there a futaba module as well? If so a link would be great.

The video's showing the "slowness" from transmitter to receiver, seeing is believing (I think), has that been solved with software updates or is it a bit laggy still?

Any ideas on when their next radio similar in feature sets will be released?

Thanks all!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bsachnoff So I have seriously gone through over 3/4's of this post (and countless others). I'm currently on a JR 9303 and looking to update. I like all of the features of this A9 but I keep reading good and bad about it. I found threads that I can use it with DSM/DSM2 (all of my current gear is DSM related) if I purchase a module. I've also seen threads where people are modding the circuit board. I've read about the delay from transmitter to receiver and seen a few of the videos. A couple of questions:
    Can someone please point me to where I can purchase that module that makes it compatible with DSM/DSM2?
    The video's showing the "slowness" from transmitter to receiver, seeing is believing (I think), has that been solved with software updates or is it a bit laggy still?
    Any ideas on when their next radio similar in feature sets will be released? Thanks all!
    1. Spectra 2.4GHz module - Spektrum DIY Conversion Fly BNF's. with DM8 for MZ and DC/DC converter.
    Original article
    post #59has all the information regarding the simple $2<$3mod (must be done) of the
    Spektrum/Futana DM8 module for use in A9.

2. Spektrum DM8 Module Overview/FAQ
    Purchase DM8 module via Esprit models.

3. Above is the Futaba module or do you mean one made by Futaba to run their FASST rx with an A9?
    None known todate, but many Futaba owners dorun the Hitec Spectra module unchanged in their Futaba Tx
    so as to use the Hitec AFHSS system in preference to the Futaba system.

4. Delay fromTx to Rx, notan issue,refer to the section on latency on the Hitec A9 FAQ page below.

5. No need for anyone to read all 174 pages, with 4342 posts as the questions and answers of this, and those
    of other major threads worldwide, are listed and updated once or more daily under the "Sticky" at top of RCU forum:
    "Radio Manufacturer Direct Support >> Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service" :

. Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
    & Telemetry
    - Mixes, Setups,Tips.
    {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bsachnoff

So I have seriously gone through over 3/4's of this post (and countless others). I'm currently on a JR 9303 and looking to update. I like all of the features of this A9 but I keep reading good and bad about it. I found threads that I can use it with DSM/DSM2 (all of my current gear is DSM related) if I purchase a module. I've also seen threads where people are modding the circuit board. I've read about the delay from transmitter to receiver and seen a few of the videos. A couple of questions:

The video's showing the ''slowness'' from transmitter to receiver, seeing is believing (I think), has that been solved with software updates or is it a bit laggy still?

Thanks all!

Hi
    And Good morning

I have had my A9 for 3 years now ,........................ if something happens to it ,.......................... I would buy another . Which system is perfect ? And compare these prices to the others on the market I think whats more important , is that I trust it . You can go Hitec , or you can go lowtec . The parts all come from the same place .

Michel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bsachnoff

The video's showing the ''slowness'' from transmitter to receiver, seeing is believing (I think), has that been solved with software updates or is it a bit laggy still?

Thanks all!

The DM8 transmits in DSM2.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just wanted to say thanks for the quick and detailed replies!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love this radio. I just want to help people who wanted one. The one with best price I have found is athttp://www.ServoCity.com/ it is like 290. Great for people just starting in hard core flyers.