Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
bsachnoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Can't seem to find anyone with the DM8 module without receiver instock anywhere? Well I guess even with receiver I still can't find it.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
And good morning on this very rainy day .

This is just someing , I want to know if we can change in the program .

When we are in duel rates , ( Hi-Lo ) , are we able to change ( or reverse ) , the position of the switch from , Hi-Lo , to Lo-Hi .

I,m sure we are able to do it , but I just cann,t get to it .

Thanks in advance

Michel
Old 06-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Michel - you don't really "reverse" the switch settings....just the values for "0" and "1" on the DR/EXP settings screen. So if you want "0" to be "FULL"High rate, you just set that value to 100% (or whatever), and flip the switch, "1" settings, adjust the "Lower" value, say 40%, in that position. Remember that you must set these for EVERY channel, there is not a MASTER way to do this.

Of course, to get very complicated, you *could* setup a Flight Mode with all those settings, and assign a switch to change between flight modes.
Easiest is probably to just set the DR/EXP for each.
ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi

When we are in duel rates , ( Hi-Lo ) , are we able to change ( or reverse ) , the position of the switch from , Hi-Lo , to Lo-Hi .

Thanks in advance

Michel
Old 06-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Michel

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

Michel - you don't really ''reverse'' the switch settings....just the values for ''0'' and ''1'' on the DR/EXP settings screen. So if you want ''0'' to be ''FULL'' High rate, you just set that value to 100% (or whatever), and flip the switch, ''1'' settings, adjust the ''Lower'' value, say 40%, in that position. Remember that you must set these for EVERY channel, there is not a MASTER way to do this.

Of course, to get very complicated, you *could* setup a Flight Mode with all those settings, and assign a switch to change between flight modes.
Easiest is probably to just set the DR/EXP for each.
ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi

Thanks in advance

Michel
Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply .

AAAHHHH ,....... darn ,.......... a friend of mine was right , and so are you . I was just hoping to be right . so be it .

Thanks again Bob

Michel
Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Michel

Hi

And good morning to all , on this very rainy week-end .

I have been thinking about installing my telemetry equipment into one of my planes . And I keep coming out with the same problem . The data cable and the power cable are too short , coming from the sensor station , to the reciever . The power cable , no priblem , it,s the , data cable . Is there a solution out there . The wires are ," ohhh " so small , and I don,t even know where to aquire this size of wire . I have already repired my GPS moduel ( wires broke due to vibration ) , and beleive me when I say , " that I worked under a microscope " . This equipement needs special tools , and great care .

BTW ,......................... I got my voice moduel going . I,m a little disapointed that we don,t get the flight time , and the voice . I would of liked the voice of , Maggie Q , or Homer Simpson . But getting turned on while flying isn,t the best of idea,s at my age .

Any advice or solution to this would be of great help

Thanks

Michel
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle Hi
And good morning to all , on this very rainy week-end .
I have been thinking about installing my telemetry equipment into one of my planes . And I keep coming out with the same problem . The data cable and the power cable are too short , coming from the sensor station , to the reciever . The power cable , no priblem , it,s the , data cable . Is there a solution out there . The wires are ," ohhh " so small , and I don,t even know where to aquire this size of wire . I have already repired my GPS moduel ( wires broke due to vibration ) , and beleive me when I say , " that I worked under a microscope " . This equipement needs special tools , and great care .
BTW ,......................... I got my voice moduel going . I,m a little disapointed that we don,t get the flight time , and the voice . I would of liked the voice of , Maggie Q , or Homer Simpson . But getting turned on while flying isn,t the best of idea,s at my age .
Any advice or solution to this would be of great help Thanks Michel
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets
& User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
extract:
7. Extension Leads.
Optical Sensor, with DIY extension, attached Heli tail pictures x 3
. At the present time, there are no extension leads for the telemetry units.
...."The stock length of the RPM leads are supposed to be longer on the next batch but extensions are needed in many cases although this should help. Temp leads can become inaccurate (I've been told) if they get much longer but I don't know to what extent. There is an extension offered here that would work with the RPM sensors for now.- Mike"....
Horizon often block direct link, search SPMA2001 = 6" & SPMA9551= 12" Ultra Micro Extensions.
Maximum separation between sensor & HTS-SS reported is 24"<30"

Alan T.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Michel

Hi AT

Youre lke a ," White Knight " , . From what I,ve found , these are Spectrum parts , and they don,t have the correct connections . I,m ok with the length of the parameters wires . All I want to do is extend the data port wire to the reciever . This way I can locate the sensor station in one localized place .

Thanks for youre help AT

Michel
Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 AM

This is what I have been using. The ends have to be changed I think but it works. (I'm not at home to check) I don't think Hitec ever thought anyone would use these in a bigger airplane, or a gasser if you want fuel level. All the cables are too short it seems, at least you should be able to get different lengths. As it is now it is very limited in the installation choices.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2pcs_set_.html
Old 06-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Michel

Hi 72

Thanks for the reply .

Those wires look very large , much bigger that what is on the data port wire . At the moment , I,m looking for the wire size . I,ve never seen that small wire before . And the game is afoot .

Michel
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 AM
JIMF14D

It is probably 26 or 28 gauge wire to save weight. The size is not critcal. You probably can get similar wire at radio shack etc. Or E-Bay.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Michel

Hi Jim

Whats up ? , Thanks for the reply .

That sounds about right , I,ll give them a try this afternoon .

Michel
Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Michel

Hi

I,ve been doing some testing . I found some really small extentions , that I think are 24 gauge . I did notice that the cable that supplies power to the telemetry moduel is a bit larger .

Anyway , I did manage to extend the power and data wires 12 inchs . I powered it up , and there seems to be no difference in the readings . So,.......... this is what I, going with , ordinary extentions . Don,t know why I didn,t try this first

Thanks guys

Michel
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
bsachnoff

As its getting harder and harder to find a DM8, is it possible the new DM9 will work for BNF DSM2/X? Has anyone taken a look at it yet?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Minnreefer

I wanted to put a shout out and a good word for Hobby Horse (www.hobbyhorse.com)in Madison Wisconsin. I ordered a second Aurora 9 for a back up and as a trainer I and I got with 2 7 channel rx and everything else for $350 with free shipping, he shipped it out the same day and I am setting it up today. He even threw in a small bottle of ca glue to try )). I will get a second radio, 4 new 7 channel rx's (2 as part of Hitec deal) for $385. The way I figure it, I needed (ok wanted) more rx's sor I got a second transmitter for about $200. Not bad.

I do like the radio

Jon
Old 07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
A.T.

Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima : FAQ, Undocumented Features & Mixes, Setups,Tips.
Have not previously mentioned updates to exisiting FAQ pages,
but many await information contained in two of those amended this morning.

. Hitec RCD AFHSS Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & Pictorial User Guides
#8 updated with additional items due later this year.

. Optima Receivers - Light Weight. Optima_6 LITE Transceiver, Minima 6E, 6T & 6L Lite Micro Receivers...
.. Minima are compatible only with Spectra Module V3.01 or higher.

Jpeg, added both above posts, include specs and further information.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Jesper1979

One question, trying to teach a 9 year old to fly, and want to get him a cheap TX that I can buddy box with my aurora.
Are there a list of radios that will work with a trainer cable and the Hitec A9?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Michel

Hi

This is just a thought :............. Buy another A9 ,.................. you,ll have a spare + you can copy models . I would like to have this answer also .

Michel
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Jesper1979

no need for that, he has another radio that he will use when not flying with me(don't need me anymore), don't remember the make and model.
I think it's some Hobbyking rebrand.
I'm only looking for a cheap radio that only will be used for training with me. And maybe use it when other people would like to learn.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Jesper1979,

I use an old Hitec Optic 6 to buddy box my Aurora 9 with, I use the Optic 6 with the removeable RF module.

The reason I chose the Optic 6 is that it can easily be changed from Mode 1 to Mode 2 (or reverse), will fly with a 2.4 or 72 FM module and the 72 FM module will fly positive and negative shift receivers (JR, Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics).

I found I could buy the 72 Mhz Optic 6 very inexpensively. I then bought the 2.4 module with two receivers. By doing this I have a second radio compatible with the Aurora 9 that can be used as a buddy box or stand alone, or backup, transmitter.

You will have to buy the trainer cord from Hitec.

I hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Jesper1979 One question, trying to teach a 9 year old to fly, and want to get him a cheap TX that I can buddy box with my aurora.
Are there a list of radios that will work with a trainer cable and the Hitec A9?
Please refer to :
Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec transmitters.

After a second A9, the next best is the new Eclipse 7 Pro. followed by Optic 6 & Eclipse 7.
extract:

"07. Futaba Mini Square Plug:.
Mini Square Adaptor. Typical of several that can be used with Futaba Mini Square Plug as student.
. DIY adapters, refer posts #13 & #15 below.
. Futaba TX may be used for basic Acro only as the mixes, cyclic and trims vary to much for Heli.

08. Aurora 9 as Master with JR/Spektrum = Negative.
Despite being able to select 6 different user modes, the output to receiver remains in the same channel
order which is different to some other brands. After market in line adapters are available but with
limitations as to master/slave, channel numbers and mixing ability.

09. Hitec TX as Master with Flysky 9 (aka Turnigy TGY 9X, Eurgle 9 & Imax 9X) as Slave only
How to with Wiring Diagram "

More information available under sub Section
"Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
(quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:07 PM
rc4j
My Feedback: (103)

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

Same start up procedure as 72 guys. If you fail to follow that procedure of Tx on first and off last you run the risk of driving the servos over to the locks and damaging them since there is power to the Rx but no signal from a Tx to tell the servos where to stay.
Brendan, Mike, A.T. or anyone,

I have really enjoyed my A9 since making the switch to 2.4, but one thing that concerns me...

I have always followed the standard procedure of TX on first, and off last....but,
why do the servos go hard over to extreme, before going to neutral, when plugging in the battery on my Minima RX controlled electric planes?

It seems that the servo gears will be damaged eventually doing this every time. (Servos are Futaba 3114's)

Since the Minima's don't have an SPC port, how can I avoid this??? Is this due to an insufficient BEC in the ESC? No problems after the initial power on.

FYI, I had the same thing happening on an O7 Rx equipped EP aircraft, so I installed a switch (from ESC) to turn on power to servo's AFTER the RX was powered on (thru the SPC port). Servos are HS-81's. I did get some stripped gears from this.

Now, on my IC powered planes w/ O7 Rx's, I don't have this problem. I am using A123 Rx packs on these planes.

I love my A9 Tx. I would like to see an update in which we could control the length/loudness of timer beeps. Any updates coming???

Jai Williams
Old 07-14-2012, 07:31 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Jai Williams
ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo
Same start up procedure as 72 guys. If you fail to follow that procedure of Tx on first and off last you run the risk of driving the servos over to the locks and damaging them since there is power to the Rx but no signal from a Tx to tell the servos where to stay.
Brendan, Mike, A.T. or anyone,
I have really enjoyed my A9 since making the switch to 2.4, but one thing that concerns me...
I have always followed the standard procedure of TX on first, and off last....but,
why do the servos go hard over to extreme, before going to neutral, when plugging in the battery on my Minima RX controlled electric planes?
It seems that the servo gears will be damaged eventually doing this every time. (Servos are Futaba 3114's)
Since the Minima's don't have an SPC port, how can I avoid this??? Is this due to an insufficient BEC in the ESC? No problems after the initial power on.
FYI, I had the same thing happening on an O7 Rx equipped EP aircraft, so I installed a switch (from ESC) to turn on power to servo's AFTER the RX was powered on (thru the SPC port). Servos are HS-81's. I did get some stripped gears from this.
Now, on my IC powered planes w/ O7 Rx's, I don't have this problem. I am using A123 Rx packs on these planes.
I love my A9 Tx. I would like to see an update in which we could control the length/loudness of timer beeps. Any updates coming???
Jai Williams
It is not just a problem with using BEC, a very good explanation from Mpx on RCMF.co.uk" with minor tweaks:
"A big glitch at switch on is typical of many analogue servos when used with microprocessor Rx.
This was seena little bit with late 35<72MHz MHz rx but 2.4GHz rx are pretty much all microprocessor controlled so the problem has suddenly become more widespread.
What happens is that the power is applied to the servos at switch on, but the rx takes some noticeable time to boot up and during that time it does not provide a data signal to the servos.
Digital servos stay still but analogue servos have a habit of swinging a long way from wherever they are when powered up with no data, until suddenly the data signal comes from the Rx and the servo swings back to where it should be.
In the early days of 2.4 this caught out a lot of people with analogue servos on retract valves etc, at switch on the legs would retract and so on.
If it’s a behaviour that you can live with because it isn’t causing binding, retracting the u/c etc, then it isn’t a problem, if it is a problem then changing to digital servos will cure it.

Alan T.

Post Script:as in quote from Brendan, Transmitter On First - Off Last
Old 07-15-2012, 02:11 AM
JIMF14D

I have been flying my A9 for over two years with mostly electrics with BEC or CCBEC power and also use SPC port on some. I have never seen anything but very minor surface movement when connecting the battery. Same with glow models when I turn on the RX power. All use analog servos.

Jim D.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Michel

Good Morning guy,s

Hi Jim

I have only one small electric and it,s a Park Zone-Stryker , it has the small 6 channel receiver . And when I turn it on , the system goes nuts before it binds . Servos go to there limits .

Michel
Old 07-15-2012, 03:34 AM
JIMF14D

I have been using only the Optima 6,,7 and 9 regular RXs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.