Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 03-05-2016, 08:09 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HoundDog,

Sorry for the delayed answer, haven't been on for a few days. I'm still running the 6 cell nmih that came in my A9. I charge it the day before I go to the field and have never had an issue with it. It is getting some age on it so this year I may replace it. I have been holding off because for two years now, I felt that Hitec would come out with a 12 channel but, looks like I'm going to have to use my A9 for sometime.

Last edited by WILDCRASHWILLY; 03-05-2016 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo fix
Old 10-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I was looking at buying the 9X, long over due since I was one of the first to get the A9 and have had about 7 of them pass though my hands. I just decided to log in after a while and I am so upset to learn about the passing of AT.

I think the A9 and A9X community has lost a very, very informative modeler, and beyond a great help to many of us at RCU...RIP AT.

I moved to Barbados for a since 2010 and have had many people purchase the A9, hence why I had around 7 passing though my hands. AT was always there to help and give advice, I dont know where this guy had the time from, seems like he was always waiting at his PC to help. He even added one of my ideas to his list of tips with the help of HT.

Honestly, I was hoping to come here to get the ins and outs of the 9X from AT... he would have had all the answers. I know I am behind getting the 9X but the A9 suited me well. I have been too busy here to fly too at times, thought I would have had more time here, but building a house and work takes a away a lot.

I read though some of the 9X issues, still wished AT was around to say more. From what you guys have experienced far, will you do the A9 to A9X switch? Any major issues with the AX or are all kinks sorted out?

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Striker

Guys, I have been searching...is there a dedicated 9X thread from AT or any 9X only threads at all?

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:05 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
Guys, I have been searching...is there a dedicated 9X thread from AT or any 9X only threads at all?

Thanks.
I know of no dedicated thread for the A9 & A9x's. Seems this thread has been serving in that way for some time. Sorry to hear of the loss of a long time RCU contributor.

I have been using the A9's since their introduction and currently still using three of them, Heck still have some active airplanes on three Eclipse and Prism's. One of the Prisms I use as a controlline radio.

Two years ago when I was just getting into turbines I simply ran out of channels and was forced to go to a Futaba 14SG (now two).

The A9's served well during those years and still doing so.

A few of the A9's features were ground breaking at the time and are still are. These being the buddy system capabilitys that few are aware. At the time of introduction I don,t think even Hitec was aware. For example the ability for the master (instructor) box to adjust trims while the trigger is pulled and the student flying. Another the ability for the instructor to add small control imputs while the trigger is pulled and the student flying or the ability to delegate just one or more controls to the student box.

I have found that Futaba has caught up in this regard with the ! 14SG and their buddy system has even more buddy capabilities.

A few years back Futaba introduced a Cordless Buddy system that was an aftermarket device and After experience with this I will never agine use a corded system. So I kept waiting and waiting for Hitec to introduce their own cordless buddy system but it never came. I indeed think Hitec screwed the pouch on this one.

So I enlisted the help of a bud a whole lot smarter than me and we came up with a homemade system for the A9's. It was completely successful. The only difference between the store bought Futaba and the unit I use for the A9's is since futaba has power in their buddy box plugs and the Hitec's do not it, it is necessary for my hitec device to add a small battery pack to the back of the tranny.

The one thing I miss very much on the 14SG is the A9's ability to give a full time readout of the airborn battery pack at all times.

Here are a couple pics of my A9 cordless buddy system:

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wireless Buddycord (3) - Copy.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	2187274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wireless buddy cord C.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	2187275  
Old 10-24-2016, 07:05 AM
Striker

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. The A9 is a great radio, as mentioned in my second to last post, I have had over 7 of them over time and was one of the first to get one.

Prior to that I had the Futaba 10 C which was a great radio too. I was hoping that HiTEc would have come out wth a 10 or more channel radio by now as a successor to the A9 and A9X.

I was toying with the idea of getting the A9X and thats why i posted some questions here about how they are performing now. I am surprised I did not get a bit of feed back from the guys here about any issues with the 9X, maybe there isnt any.. lol

Not sure whats in the making of HiTec now, I think its a bit over due for a new radio to be in the mills.
Maybe its better to wait to see what happens in that regard.

Thanks again and good luck..

Happy landings John.

Last edited by Striker; 10-24-2016 at 07:11 AM.