Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Chancho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

It is!...And don't I feel like the biggest "*##*###!"

For whatever reason - I'm glad it's back up....
Old 03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Got my coupon rx's yesterday. It took a little over 2 weeks not bad at all Thanks Hitec
Old 03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
JIMF14D

Good news, Ihope we all get our extra Rx so fast!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DougV

The link is good now.

Doug.
Who ever was responsible for getting that link back up ................................ THANK-YOU . I,m eating solid food again , and the doctor say,s I feel better

Michel
Old 03-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Michel

Hi

Got my A9 last night ................. I had a JR 7202 , so this is one giant leap for me , I consider this a professional radio . Compared to my 7202 , it,s BIG . Compared to the Futaba 14 mhz , it,s small . I love the rubber padding for grip . The boda holders are rubber , thats great , someone is thnking correctly . I put a 10 hour charge on it and it showed %100 at 8.7v . Getting into the program , well................... lets just say : thanks to this thread and a few others this is one simple radio I,m more of an anolog person . I don,t think it will take long to understand . With all the resources that comes with this gear , how hard can it be .

With the very FEW set-backs with this radio ( and I,m far from being a pro ) , I think I,ve made an excellent choice to go 2.4 . I.ve received the transmiter , with one 7 channel receiver and I bought 2 X 9 channel receivers , and I have the coupon for two more for $40.00 . Plus , I have bought the HP-22 interface with an extra connectons for the transmitter and battery pack . This way I have options , to fast charge or go lipo..................... we,ll see . I also bought the screen saves , comes in a pack of two . This same set-up would of cost me a hec of a lot more if I would go with a competeters gear

I heard that Spectrum has it,s 8 channel comeing out ..................... the future tells all

Fantastic deal

The game is AFOOT

Michel
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17 AM
JIMF14D

If you are an EP flier and do not use an on off switch then binding the A9 Tx and Rx is fun. "Hold the module or Rx button in with one hand, hold the Tx and turn on RF with the other hand. Mate the battery connector with the ....3rd hand?".............................

You gotta love it!

Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike or anyone, do you know when more 7 channels rx setups are coming? I have found a few 9 channel but I really don't need 9 channel anytime in the near future.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

If you are an EP flier and do not use an on off switch then binding the A9 Tx and Rx is fun. "Hold the module or Rx button in with one hand, hold the Tx and turn on RF with the other hand. Mate the battery connector with the ....3rd hand?".............................

You gotta love it!
I had to solve this by using a very soft-clamp clothespin affair with a "***" to depress the link button.
I didn't have a "third hand", and you're absolutely correct.

Although, you can do the same thing with a battery pack and switch setup just for the initial binding, but my little clamp thing worked fine.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
JIMF14D

Another caution: When you do the power down (range check) becareful you do not press for more than 3 seconds or you end up switching to SCAN mode and then starting over to rebind etc.

Jim D
Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Michel

Hi

Well here,s my first question : How do we know if we have version 1.05 or 1.06 . does it say it somewhere ?

Michel
Old 03-13-2010, 04:53 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, system menu, Info:
Old 03-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Michel

Hi bgw45

it took all of 3 seconds to find that................................... I think I,m in love . Now thats fast

Thanks

michel
Old 03-14-2010, 07:44 AM
chewytm

I had my first flight with my A9/O9 today. It was in a TWM Mitsubishi Zero 80" w.s. with 43cc gasser. The radio works beautifully, although the engine took a while to readjust due to it sitting idle for months waiting for the radio to arrive.

Range check was more than 100'. The flight was to trim out the plane since I took the wait to redo some of the linkages. The plane flew out to more than 500m without problem. The only problem came when it was landing and there was not enough elevator throw to flair out on the rough part of the grass field and the zero flipped over. The only broken is the #@*&^% canopy[:@] These TWM canopies are too inflexible and cracks easily. The first one crunched sitting in the box!

chewy
Old 03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
dkennedy35

Is anyone bringing an Aurora down to the SEFF in Georgia? I am beginning to think I won't see mine before then. I ordered it from Towers in early February. I would really like to see and touch one in person.

- Don
Old 03-15-2010, 02:44 PM
wshall

I have a question regarding the indicating LED on the front of the A9.

When I initially turn the transmitter on, the LED is GREEN. If I select transmit it turns RED. Is this correct or did I get a faulty transmitter?

My natural inclination is to assume that a RED light is indicating something is wrong. Is every one's like this?

WSHall
Old 03-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My A9 does the same thing. Green light on startup and not transmitting and its red when transmitting.

Steve
Old 03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh guys, I met Mr. Mike Mayberry at the Electric Flight expo in AZ at the Cardinals stadium. He is an awesome guy who really cares about his customers. He is more than helpful with everything. And go buy one of those little merlin airplanes from multiplex, they are awesome and fast. That was Hitecs main airplane they were flying at the expo.

Steve
Old 03-15-2010, 03:04 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: wshall I have a question regarding the indicating LED on the front of the A9.
When I initially turn the transmitter on, the LED is GREEN. If I select transmit it turns RED. Is this correct or did I get a faulty transmitter?
My natural inclination is to assume that a RED light is indicating something is wrong. Is every one's like this? WSHall
All is normal, it isa two colour LED.
Green indicates that the Transmitter is turned on (also a warning that the battery is being depleted) and will be seen when inTransmit "No" mode. (programing/editing a model, T.Pupil mode etc)
Red indicates that the transmitter is live and transmitting, seen when in Transmit "Yes" mode.

much more information available under
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
AJsToyz

Alan,

Doing the range check, is that supposed to be a one single beep or a continuous long non stopping beep <like I get>
Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Michel

Hi

Beep Beep .... Beep .... Beep ............................... beep , beep Beep ............................... Beep Beep Beep ............ Beep- beep .

I just couldn,t resist ( ) Sorry

Michel
Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
AJsToyz

[sm=bananahead.gif] LOL !! I'm working on the range check!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:46 PM
JIMF14D

If you really need a 7 channel Rx lots of them are now showing up on Ebay. Two Rx with TX 2.4GHZ Module shipped for $120. Not bad for two Rx since you can probably sell the Tx module here or on Ebay for $20+ if you don't need the module. RC Planet has same set for $124.99

Just a thought.

Jim D
Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz Alan, Doing the range check, is that supposed to be a one single beep or a continuous long non stopping beep<like get="" i=""></like>
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver
Para 5
"5. POWER DOWN - NORMAL MODE & SCAN Mode for Range Check.
[refer Aurora Manual (page 20 ) under "Set-up and Use of the Hitec 2.4GHz System" - Range Check Function for full details]
a. Turn on Transmitter then receiver and establish link.
b. Press the button on the module for <3 seconds. At first beep (red LED will go out if in Normal Mode and both LED will go out if in Scan mode), release button and then both the blue and red LEDs will start Flashing with Continuous (Rapid) Beeping.
The <90-second countdown starts from the time button is released until beeping stops and the LED remain lit without flashing.
c. Walk away from the secured aircraft carrying the transmitter to a distance of approx. 100 feet (30 m), testing the effective range.
To exit the power-down mode before the 90 seconds, press the button again to escape.
d. If FAIL-SAFE is deactivated, the FAIL-SAFE position settings are also deleted."

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Gungadin

Got my A9 today. Does anyone know if Hitec has a metal transmitter case. And do they offer an offset balancer for the neck strap ?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:49 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Gungadin Got my A9 today. Does anyone know if Hitec has a metal transmitter case. And do they offer an offset balancer for the neck strap ?
No case at present.
quote: ORIGINAL: adaptable Hitec needs to make a nice high quality transmitter case for the A9. Like the High end JR/Futaba systems have. Hint Hint Hint
"There is one in the works. Hopefully, we'll see it very shortly."- Mike [/quote]A Pelican case has also been suggested

Aurora A9 Balance with Neck Strap as per

Regards
Alan T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.