Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 08-19-2009, 01:11 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

There will be a 2.4Ghz module available with the antenna coming out the back of it in the near future. To use 72Mhz you will need the Spectra Pro module.

Unfortunately the radios are not here yet... I don't know what the hold up is. I'll post more info when I get it.

Mike.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:19 PM
ksh243

Thanks for the update Mike.

PlaneKrazee, many of us have had the Aurora 9 on order for months now. The Release date has now been pushed back 3 or 4 times. With that many of us, including myself have planes sitting without electronics waiting for this radio. Also, many people have sold their old radio systems prepairing for aurora 9 to come. We all see the posts. We see dates put up, and pass without the Hitec package arriving at our door. It is to be expected people are wanting updates. One can be paitent only so long.

Hang in there everyone! I think the wait will be well worth it. I just hope the tele. mods. dont get delayed this much.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:21 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

I don't hold my breathe for any of these new releases. I still remember waiting for the BME 55 and other products. The telemetry looks to be only volts, amps and one other thing

ORIGINAL: ksh243

Thanks for the update Mike.

PlaneKrazee, many of us have had the Aurora 9 on order for months now. The Release date has now been pushed back 3 or 4 times. With that many of us, including myself have planes sitting without electronics waiting for this radio. Also, many people have sold their old radio systems prepairing for aurora 9 to come. We all see the posts. We see dates put up, and pass without the Hitec package arriving at our door. It is to be expected people are wanting updates. One can be paitent only so long.

Hang in there everyone! I think the wait will be well worth it. I just hope the tele. mods. dont get delayed this much.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 PM
CSpierings
My Feedback: (29)

Heard from my local hobby shop today that the 2.4 modules and the radio systems are delayed until October. When I asked when in October they said they dind't know. Any word on the new dates?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
PlaneKrazee

Better to get the radios right vs. sending out a product that doesn't meet their standards. Plan on Christmas and be happy when they come on sooner
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
CSpierings
My Feedback: (29)

Disappointing but couldn't agree more.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: CSpierings

Heard from my local hobby shop today that the 2.4 modules and the radio systems are delayed until October. When I asked when in October they said they dind't know. Any word on the new dates?
This is untrue. The 2.4Ghz modules will be available in a couple of weeks, but unfortunatley the Aurora is delayed (mid/late Sept.) as we are still waiting for the manuals to be completed and printed.

Mike.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in no huge hurry but that is a big bummer about the delay, I am starting to wonder if there are other issues that hey don't want to talk about. I am pretty sure I will get one, but we will see.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Meyer1811

Mike,

Any thought to putting the manuals up n the web site rather than waiting to get them printed?

I am sure the Early Adopters wouldn't mind, alter all, who needs a manual anyway?

John
Old 08-20-2009, 04:37 PM
avronaut

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: CSpierings

This is untrue. The 2.4Ghz modules will be available in a couple of weeks, but unfortunatley the Aurora is delayed (mid/late Sept.) as we are still waiting for the manuals to be completed and printed.

Mike.

Some months delay due to manuals?

Uli
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 PM
gsc1161

Mike

I am the Plant Manager of a Circuit Board company. If we are a week late, somebody get's yelled at. A month late, somebody is offered the opportunity to seek alternate employement. 4 months late?

Like others, I ordered my new transmitter after the April Toledo show, and have aircraft waiting receivers since July (coming any day, right?). Now October? I have software to convert almost any language to English. Manuals the hold up? Come on.

Hitec needs to come clean, tell us when working, stable product will be delivered, and what the real delay has been.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
ergocentric

Hitec needs to come clean, tell us when working, stable product will be delivered, and what the real delay has been.
If there would be a problem with software or certification it is most unlikely that Hitec would announce it to the customers.

On the other hand the employees here are only permitted to tell customers what is approved by management.

Or it may really take months to print manuals, costing the company hundreds of thousands of dollars because someone forgot manuals.

I'd like to try one out myself, hopefully support will be better
Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 AM
ksh243

ORIGINAL: gsc1161

Mike

I am the Plant Manager of a Circuit Board company. If we are a week late, somebody get's yelled at. A month late, somebody is offered the opportunity to seek alternate employement. 4 months late?

Like others, I ordered my new transmitter after the April Toledo show, and have aircraft waiting receivers since July (coming any day, right?). Now October? I have software to convert almost any language to English. Manuals the hold up? Come on.

Well put! I have had mine on order for a while now. I think with all the delay and the only excuse being manuals, something is up.

Hitec, you have lost this customer. I might get a Aurora 9 some day, but not until ALL the promised telemetry items are out. And at the rate you are going that time will be a year from now, maybe. I would hope Hitec would learn from many other companies. Every day your release of a product is pushed back, you will lose customers.... My order will be cancelled in 90 more minutes.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:12 PM
bjboise406

Hey Mike, How but some good dates on the aurora and the module upgrades...PSB
Old 08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
PlaneKrazee

The new Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter will be able to accurately check the battery voltage on the A123 packs while in flight, since they do not require a voltage regulator! With an added sensor it will be able to transmit amp draw too. This will be great for giant scale guys.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 PM
gsc1161

All we all want to know, is when, really. Do I wait a week to get a new 2.4 ghz receiver, and coupon for another? Or do I buy more FM rec to work with my existing eqip? Or do I drive 4 miles to my local hobby shop and upgrade to a FAAST system? Summers a-wasting here in MI.

WHEN? Website still states August.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
PlaneKrazee

If you need a new receiver go to fleabay and buy one for $30.00. If you want this radio you will wait for it.

Do you remember back when after ordering something you would have to wait a month for it to get delivered?

Many people have no patients. Relax, death is coming soon enough.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:34 PM
WILDBILL M

Tower Hobbies new schedule is Mid Sept To Late Oct. Just in time to put your snow skies on for some winter fun....
Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

You guys all need to relax a bit and quit creating conspiracy theories and imagining problems where there are none.

I remember when it took Horizon six months longer than expected to start shipping 9303 2.4Ghz radio systems. I remember Futaba shoppers getting ticked off when the 7C FASST radio was announced early and then took almost a year to come to market. The Airtronics RDS8000 and SD10G radios were both shipped three months later than customers expected. Even after the SD-10G, the 6-channel park flyer receiver took another 60 days to ship and the Stylus 2.4Ghz upgrade module still hasn't been finished.

If Hitec originally promised July of '09 for initial shipments and you have your Aurora 9 with 7-channel receiver in hand by Halloween, that will make Hitec best-in-class for delivering their new radio system near the original schedule.

Hitec doesn't manufacture the boxes or packing that the radio systems ship in. Hitec doesn't print the manuals, warranty cards, or decal sheets that are included inside the box. Every Aurora 9 radio system that Hitec ships will involve a collaborative effort between Hitec RCD and at least half a dozen sub-contractors and business partners. Any delays or scheduling problems from any of these 3rd party companies, and the Aurora radio systems get delayed for reasons beyond Hitec's control.

Even if Hitec and its sub contractors and business partners manage to fill a ship with pallets and pallets full of shiny new Aurora 9 radio systems, they still have to wait for FCC testing and approval, inspection of the owner's manuals and related documentation, and all of the other hoops they have to jump through before being able to sell the Aurora 9. Not only does the owner's manual and documentation have to be complete, but so does the documentation for the receivers and the upgrade modules.

Mike Mayberry can't possibly know every conceivable reason why the Aurora 9 radio systems will be arriving later than expected. An earthquake in Taiwan, a typhoon in the Pacific ocean, or a medical emergency in SE Asia causing the reallocation of touchscreen LCD screen production from RC radios to medical equipment could all possibly screw up the Aurora's delivery schedule. None of these potential delays would have anything to do with the quality of the Aurora 9 or the efforts that Hitec is making to deliver a top quality radio system as quickly as possible.

Take a deep breath and rest assured that your Aurora 9 radio systems will be here soon enough. When they arrive, you'll declare that food suddenly tastes better and your underpants are whiter than ever before. All the anticipation will have been worth it because your new Aurora is SO FREAKIN' COOL!!!

Until then, relax and enjoy the excruciating wait.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 PM
WILDBILL M

Thats when we'll be gitten em - - -When its "SO FREAKIN COOL" To cool to use em. Mike Had a definate USA arrival date of Aug 14.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 AM
PlaneKrazee

bigedmustafa,

I couldn't agree more.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:18 PM
gsc1161

I don't have any problem with delays. I probably understand better than most, due to my occupation, industry delays. What I object to is lack of real delivery dates, so I can make an intelligent decision. "Buy a FM receiver this week to work with my Eclipse, or wait a week (or two, or a month, or 2, or 3 or 4) to get my aircraft in the air". I refuse to believe that Hitec can't publish a more realistic delivery date than August (which is still what the website states). It's not Mike's responsibility to publish. He has been extremely forthright in his posts, and I am sure we all appreciate his insight and answers to our questions (thanks Mike, you Rock). I just hope Hitec recalibrates their delivery dates so loyal users can make informed decisions until release of their flagship product.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 AM
WILDBILL M

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

For the first time we have a specific date of August 14th for their arrival in our USA facility. They will then go through a 100% QC (as with all new products) and then will ship to the dealer/distributors, so late August is accurate.

Mike.
Nobody is specifically on Mikes case. He was perhaps misinformed. Mikes been great and very informative. Patience is a virtue, use it if you can. Seldom found in women, never found in man.. I have no place to go and all day to get there...So I also will wait.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 AM
Alex7403

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Questions regarding the wire on the back of the Aurora 9 -
In the picture of the spectra module from your 2009 catalog there are two antennas, one with cable to the module and one antenna without any cable.
the question is if I dont install the module will I have the wire anyway?
that wire is really bothering me is there way not to have the wire?
I'm seriously considering the aurora.

Thanks
Alex
Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Hobby People has the Aurora 9 2.4Ghz radio system with the 7-channel Optima receiver priced $60 off at only $369.11:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/755508.asp

It's funny to see a product that hasn't started shipping yet be put on sale already.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.