Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

If you properly set fail safe shouldn't the servos go a nominal flying postion. Not sure how that works with gear but I would guess it should go to the failsafe position which Iwouild think should be set when gear is Down.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

Analog servos wag about 10 degrees when RF link is not established. Once RF link is complete they move back to programmed positions. This happen regardless if you have the Tx on before or after the Rx. If you turned on the Rx first, they will wag and stay there. Once the Tx is turned on, RF link is established, they move back to programmed positions.

Don't panic if you have analog servos. This is normal. 2.4GHz receiver with telemetry requires lots of current at startup. During startup, servo signals are just noises. Analog servos cannot distinguish between noise and good signals, they just response as they should. This is normal nature of have too many good features and not enough power at startup to handle the high current draw. We are moving to 2.4GHz and telemetry, and yet, our power supply remains the same as the 72MHz days. Personally, I'd rather have 2.4GHz and telemetry. I can deal with power management issue or go around it if my old planes are limited 72MHz designs. I fly giant 3D and giant scale warbird gassers. Analog servo wag is not an issue if you don't put it on the retract valve. I ordered digital mini servos for my warbirds. I like digital servo anyway...better centering.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just pick up one a 1/2 hour ago now I jsut have to explain it to my wife.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
dkennedy35

I received mine yesterday evening. It went on charge last night. I am planning on rewiring some speed controllers tonight to run a wire from the battery to the SPC port on the receiver. To me, that has got to be the best feature, seeing the battery voltage on the Transmitter. I just wish there was a way I could read the value without wrecking my helicopter.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:44 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

I have not read all the way through the manual yet but my question was about the Normal vs the scan mode- which should i use at the event? Sorry for not being more clear before!
FYI: I never use Scan mode as Normal mode has proven to be completely bullet proof. However, if you want to select the optimum channels for your field then starting in Scan mode and changing back to Normal mode would achieve this. There's a good video showing how to do this here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f43mydRdjA[/youtube]
Old 03-26-2010, 04:03 PM
20/20 Hindsight
My Feedback: (1)

Just got home with a pair of Optima 6's LHS ordered in for me...WOOOHOOO! I am now set for 5 aircraft with what seems to be increasingly acknowledged as the state-of-the-art air radio system, for a total upgrade cost of $226.42

Aurora 9 + 1 Optima 7 from Action RC $379.99 + tax = $408.87
Coupon for 2 Optima 7 from HiTec = $39.99
2 Optima 6 from Action RC $100 + tax = $107.60
Sale of DX-7 & 5 misc Rx's on Craigslist =

Thanks HiTec!

Sung to the tune of "409"

With apologies to the Beach Boys and anyone offended by this sort of thing.

She's real fine Aurora 9
She's real fine Aurora 9
Au-ro-ra 9

Well I saved my pennies and I saved my dimes
(Get it up, get it up Aurora 9)
'fore I knew there would be a time
When I would buy a brand new Aurora 9
(Aurora 9, Aurora 9)
Get it up, get it up, get it up Aurora 9

Nothing can match her
Nothing can touch my Aurora 9
Aurora 9 ooooo
(Get it up, get it up oooo)
(Get it up, get it up)

When I take her to the field she really shines
She never glitches or makes me whine
My touch screen, 30 model, telemetric Aurora 9
(Aurora 9, Aurora 9, Aurora 9, Aurora 9)

Get it up, get it up, get it up Aurora 9
Get it up Aurora...

Nothing can match her
Nothing can touch my Aurora 9
Au-ro-ra 9
Old 03-26-2010, 04:27 PM
JIMF14D

Don't quit your day job...............

6 Channel Rx are starting to show up on Ebay for $50.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

I'd pass on American Idol too...haha...!!

Here's what I did...

I sold my DX-7 on FleaBay for $245.00 w/1 AR7000 $245.00
I sold 4 AR-7000's for $75.00 ea (Same as I paid for them) $300.00
-

Net Funds $545.00

Bought the A9 from Tower for $399.99 - $60.00 SS Discount $339.00
2 receivers w/coupon 40.00
Bought the 2.4 Module for the Eclipse 7 w/ 2 Optima 7's
Less $20.00 SS Coupon $109.00
Bought an Optima 7 off of FleaBay NIB for $59.00 59.00
-
Total $547.00

Soooooo...The A9 with 6 Optima 7's cost me $2.00

And my nearly new Eclipse 7 is 2.4 compatible as a back up!!

Getty'up, Getty'up 409....!!! I used to have a '64 Impala with a 409....SWEET...!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
LQUAN

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

If you properly set fail safe shouldn't the servos go a nominal flying postion. Not sure how that works with gear but I would guess it should go to the failsafe position which I wouild think should be set when gear is Down.
In my experience, don't have the wheels come down when you loose RF signals. It will cost you more $$$ to buy new retracts - granted that the air frame is total.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: LQUAN

If you properly set fail safe shouldn't the servos go a nominal flying postion. Not sure how that works with gear but I would guess it should go to the failsafe position which I wouild think should be set when gear is Down.
In my experience, don't have the wheels come down when you loose RF signals. It will cost you more $$$ to buy new retracts - granted that the air frame is total.
Hi
OOOHHHH yes....................... belly landing are the way to go in a situation ( learnt by experience )
Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
LQUAN

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

ORIGINAL: LQUAN

Hi
OOOHHHH yes....................... belly landing are the way to go in a situation ( learnt by experience )
Yup. At least my retracts are still good when tucked inside. I'll just have to buy new air frame with less retracts. I didn't know anyone can bellyl and or land on wheels when they loose RF signal!

I normally don't set fail safe for birds with retracts...but that's just me. Set fail safe to have the wheels down automatically? How do like to forget and turn off the Tx first before the Rx while the bird is sitting on the ground?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
GizmoMadMax

So any word from anyone on when 4 &/or 5 channel park flyers will come out and they big question is, will they crush JR, Airtronics and Futaba with a GREAT price of $20 each, yea baby!!!! IF they do that, I will buy the A9 immediately, but until I hear that, I think I am pulling my JR 9303 off the market and keeping it...

JR/Horizon Tech support said brown outs are from 4.8v packs that go low, NOT the receivers or the technology, along with their firmware update about a year ago, so it connects instantly if you do have one....assuming it cut the motor current draw or all servo's going full bore in a 3D stunt....

So they said use a 6v pack and NOT 4.8 volt...
BUT, I forgot to ask them about my electrics on 2 & 3 cell lipo's???? any thoughts???

thanks all
Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Michel

Hi

I was showing a fellow modeler my A9 and the fact that it has telemetry . When he saw the receiver turned on , and the volts , show up on the transmitter , well ............................... he freaked . and didn,t believe it , he wanted one . This fact alone is really something . Can you imagine what effect this will have on our hobby , or , what we will have in less than a year from now . Futaba and JR have to do better than what they have ...................... period . And the biggy................ will be price Our A9,s may be obsolete , in less than a year from now . I don,t believe that the telemetry will be perfect , but , it,s a far cry from what we had before this A9 came out . I am basicly an analog person , and this jewel is soooooooo , easy to program , truly amazing .

Keep going Hitec , ................. don,t stop now

Michel
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Chancho

Michel,
I don't think Hitec imagined what effect the telemetry would have on the community, either.They obviously underestimated themarketfor this and hence the shortages and delays for now and some time to come...They nailed it, for sure.Unless Futaba or JR have a Telemetry feature already in the pipeline, ready to unveil – they’ll have a hard time winning any of their customers back after we’ve all bought 6-8 receivers and are totally hooked on the Aurora.
Question: Has anyone been able to do anything with the HPP-22?I installed it on an Win7 and an XP machine and found the only function I can get it to do is install the drivers, recognize the device and turn on a blue LED inside the clear box.Other than that, I feel like I just bought small paper weight.It seems like it wants an update, but doesn't know how. The instructions are very sad...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37966.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1405569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75292.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1405570  
Old 03-27-2010, 04:21 AM
Michel

Hi Chancho

Question: Has anyone been able to do anything with the HPP-22? I installed it on an Win7 and an XP machine and found the only function I can get it to do is install the drivers, recognize the device and turn on a blue LED inside the clear box. Other than that, I feel like I just bought small paper weight. It seems like it wants an update, but doesn't know how. The instructions are very sad...

I will be trying the HP-22 to-day , the instructions don,t even say WERE to connect WHAT , except for the USB wires . I was hoping the program would tell me . But you,ve beat me too it . Lets hope there,s not a strong wind , cause it won,t even make a good paper weight .

Michel
Old 03-27-2010, 06:28 AM
JIMF14D

Regarding the HP-22 Iam batting -1000. Icould not even get the software to install. Got a message that says "files missing or not registered". I am using Win 7 64bit. Hitec support has not responded to any questions on the software so far.

Jim D
Old 03-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I'm running an XP machine, installed the HPP 22 perfectly,downloaded/installed v. 1.06 firmware to the TX, and saved airplane files in PC. I didn't do anything special at all, just followed the instructions that came with it. Guess I lucked out. Even installed on my tablet PC for "at the field" work (I also have the HPP-21 installed on it, both work fine)
Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

It's obvious that the same person that wrote the instructions for the hpp 21+ WAS NOT the same person that created the software for the aurora Sounds like the instructions for the hpp 22 are the same..
Old 03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Michel

Hi

Thats great someone got it going . Does it tell you where to plug and what to plug into the HP-22 . There are three plug slots , P-1 ,P-2 ,P-3 , what goes in these slots . You are asked by the instruction NOT to plug in no more than one item at a time [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused_smile.gif][sm=72_72.gif] It,s all greek to me

Michel
Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Chancho

Hitec - Mike, Brandon,

Any help for the HPP-22?

I can't find anywhere in the directions of the Aurora, Receiver or HPP-22 where to plug in the receiver ortransmitter. The HPP-22 is not functioning as advertised. If I am doing something wrong, please advise.Again, I've tried on two different machines, XP and Windows 7. Firewalls were off, downloaded install from website and did as directed. Nobody is home, except it's blue LED.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 03-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Michel

Hi

Hey Phil ........................... Thats my question [8D] One thing for sure , it works Bob Pastorello got it working [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Michel
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 AM
rctom

Has anyone been able to do anything with the HPP-22? I installed it on an Win7 and an XP machine and found the only function I can get it to do is install the drivers, recognize the device and turn on a blue LED inside the clear box. Other than that, I feel like I just bought small paper weight. It seems like it wants an update, but doesn't know how. The instructions are very sad...
I have used mine to move my plane setups from one radio to another by download/save/upload to/from my Vista PC.

It did work but I had to guess through a few items, you are correct the software is a bit rough but it did work. When I had it connected to my older radio it wanted to update the software from 1.5 to 1.6, I didn't allow that to happen.

It's not much of a paperweight, it only weighs about an ounce.

TF
Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I just followed the instructions, honest. Install the software first. Start the application; plug the USB into the computer. Other mini usb into the HPP 22. In the software, select the device (Transmitter in my case). Turn on theTransmitter,then plug in the "servo connector" end into P1, the other end that has the 1/8" plug into the trainer port of the Tx, click "connect device". That's it. No magic.

Sorry you guys are having problems, don't know what to offer to help.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Michel

Hi

Well Bob ,....... if it worked for you , it will work for us , but youre sympathy helps

Michel
Old 03-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Michel

Hi

I have just installed my A9 into the very first plane that I built , old faithful , my LT-40 ( with an OS-90 ) , and it has a mix . I have a separate servo for the front wheel , which I connected to ch-5 . All I did is added that channel to J4 and BINGO , set-up finished . This is most certainly NOT my 9CAP . [sm=regular_smile.gif] [sm=regular_smile.gif]

It was actually fun , and very boreing . Except for one thing . You guys who are use to 2.4 won,t see it but I do . I didn,t have to put that wire antenna through that darn tube , that feels soooooooooo nice

Michel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.