Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
PlaneInsane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

The third video clearly shows 21 channels being used, not 20 as advertised. Strange.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:54 PM
JIMF14D

If you take a look at the guys ads on Ebay over the last few days he has ended one auction for the "module" and changed his ads to be clear that it is only the module.

Jim D
Old 05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
udet1918

Okay guys question. Can I take two batteries each going through it's own switch, plug one into the battery port and the other into an unused channel? I'm not talking using the SPC but a spare channel port.

Thanks, Ron
Old 05-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Wind_of_Change

Ron,

Yep, you can do that. Receivers don't care which port power goes into, and since these wires are so thin, it's wise to use more than one just to ensure there's enough juice flowing to the bigger servos in large planes. I usually have two power lines (one to channel 8, one to channel 9/batt), and the SPC powered independently. Works great!

I love the Optima receivers!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: udet1918 Okay guys question. Can I take two batteries each going through it's own switch, plug one into the battery port and the other into an unused channel? I'm not talking using the SPC but a spare channel port. Thanks, Ron
Full details at:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Multiple Batteries may be installed - Dual batteries for redundancy or even one for each servo.

Alan T.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 PM
boothg-3

whenever a reciever has all the plugs in a single row i like to connect the batteries to each end of the power strip
that helps reduce voltage drop at one end when high current draws are encountered and reduces amp load on the power strip
Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 PM
RadarController
My Feedback: (2)

HELP! For some reason I'm following the Binding instructions on Page 18 of the manual, but I cannot get my 9 Channel reciever to bind with the Transmitter. It's driving me crazy. Anybody willing to give me some help here? Aurora 9 with Optima 9 reciever.

- Turning Radio On
- Holding in Function button on back of radio while pressing "YES" to transmit on LCD screen
- Holding in Function button while turning on Reciever then releasing.
- NOTHING HAPPENS to the flashing light on the back of the radio.

Any ideas?
Old 05-16-2010, 02:36 PM
jpcr44

Try pushing the button on the transmitter module and then push the transmit yes and do the same as you have been doing. I think if you push both buttons at the same time on the transmitter it will not work??
Old 05-16-2010, 02:42 PM
RadarController

I'm doing it exactly as you just said and the LED on the back of the radio blinks wen i release the Function button. Then I should turn on the reciever while holding the Function(bind) button and as the manual states "the red LED glows solid and the blue LED flash's on the module". This doesn't happen and I can't get them to bind. When I turn the Reciever on.. The LED stays solid red and the Transmitter module on the back of the transmitter keeps flashing on and off Red. NOTHING. Urgh.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:09 PM
boothg-3

are you maintaining at least 18 inches distance betwen the two when binding also check you receiver voltage
Old 05-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RadarController

HELP! For some reason I'm following the Binding instructions on Page 18 of the manual, but I cannot get my 9 Channel reciever to bind with the Transmitter. It's driving me crazy. Anybody willing to give me some help here? Aurora 9 with Optima 9 reciever.

- Turning Radio On
- Holding in Function button on back of radio while pressing ''YES'' to transmit on LCD screen
- Holding in Function button while turning on Reciever then releasing.
- NOTHING HAPPENS to the flashing light on the back of the radio.

Any ideas?
Hi RadarController

Please let me assure you that the above is wrong . Not what youre saying , but how youre applying it .

I learnt this when I tried to get throttle LOCK and couldn,t do it . And than a buddy came in the door , and he could , this totally pissed me off . And , that everyone on this thread could also do it . I learnt something , I wasn,t applying myself to the touch screen properly , the only problem WAS ME .

With the above being said , I see in youre post that you have NOT included the seconds that you must HOLD , the buttons . Go through the procedure completly . Cross youre T,s and dot you,re I,s

And you will see ................................. it will bind

Just a thought when I read youre post

Michel
Old 05-16-2010, 03:24 PM
RadarController

Nothing about holding it in for any appropriate amount of time except when trying to change from Normal to Scan mode. Even that feature states that you turn on the Transmitter and Reciever and must have control of the model before pushing the button for 6 seconds. Wouldn't apply to trying to bind a new reciever to the Transmitter using the ID-Setup "Binding or Linking" on page 18 in the manual. Reciever is more than 18 inches from the Transmitter when I turn it on, and the battery is fully charged. Maybe I have a lemon.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:43 PM
boothg-3

you must turn the tranmitter on first set it to transmit and then turn one the receiver while holding the button in on it while powering up
Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM
RadarController

Well.. One thing is for certain.. Turns out.. As per the manual.. The provided receiver was already paired from the factory for my convenience. SO.. With that said.. I may have screwed something up by trying to pair it again.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:34 PM
JIMF14D

6 seconds is to set fail safe and is RX button only.

Here is bind.for Norma do it slowly and it should work

For the Aurora, turn on the transmitter Press and hold the button on the module, and press Transmit Yes, red LED will flash,
release the button.
b. Press and hold the button on the receiver, turn on the receiver, red LED is on solid, release the button on the receiver.
After receiver is powered-up, the red LED glows solid and the blue LED flash's on the module.
c. Turn off receiver.
d. Turn
off
transmitte.
e Turn on transmitter, red LED is solid.
f. Turn on receiver, red LED is solid, after a moment the module will beep 4 times very quickly
g. You should now have control over the model as the transmitter and module are linked in Normal lylode.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 AM
RadarController

Yea.. That's right out of the manual. I've done it like that multiple times and no binding. I have to call Hitec today and work up a service order. Thanx for the threads from everyone though.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 AM
riadh

I have managed successfully to have the flaps deployed with the 3 way switch and mixed with the elevator. Also, I got the flaps to move down with slow speed and up with normal servo speed. Is there a way to get the elevator speed slowed  in proportion with the flaps slow down movement when deployed?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
czaiss

ORIGINAL: Wind_of_Change

Ron,

I don't think it's an issue of coming unbound in the air, I think it's an issue of changing your TX settings while your RX is turned off. If you go into SCAN MODE in your TX, for instance, when the RX is turned off, then the radio is broadcasting differently the next time you turn it on and your RX may not recognize it. That's a hunch based on what I was doing when it happened, and may be completely wrong. I'll try and replicate the behavior and identify it this weekend when I'm at the field. I repeat, once I rebound my RX I had no further problems.

I'd figure it out now, but I've got a show to get ready for and the band is gonna be pissed if I show up unprepared. I'm off! Happy flying!

I would bet on it. My dads system worked fine until he accidently pressed the range check button too long and went into scan mode, he changed it back to normal but now has a different channel selection. Because there are a finite number of channels used it is possible and likely that some will be resused and therfore as the frequency hops it finds a channel that it can use and updates the servo positions in the receiver. Then hops through a bunch of frequencies that the receiver does not listen to making the servos stop as there are no updates. Creating the appearance of a stepping. I'm not sure but the telemetry may tell the transmitter that its not getting anything when it transmitting on certain channels and over a few seconds it eliminates the channels that are of no use, would have to verify that with hitec.

My dad relinked all his models and problems were all solved.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
JIMF14D

One of the experts here told me no and suggested Iuse one of the side sliders to lower the flaps slowly with flaps mixed with elevator and that will slowly come in with flaps.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:29 AM
JIMF14D

I did exaclty that too when first getting the radio and wanting to do range check and holding it too long. So you go to scan and the ...................start over time for binding all your Rxs....
Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 AM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: czaiss

ORIGINAL: Wind_of_Change

Ron,

I don't think it's an issue of coming unbound in the air, I think it's an issue of changing your TX settings while your RX is turned off. If you go into SCAN MODE in your TX, for instance, when the RX is turned off, then the radio is broadcasting differently the next time you turn it on and your RX may not recognize it. That's a hunch based on what I was doing when it happened, and may be completely wrong. I'll try and replicate the behavior and identify it this weekend when I'm at the field. I repeat, once I rebound my RX I had no further problems.

I'd figure it out now, but I've got a show to get ready for and the band is gonna be pissed if I show up unprepared. I'm off! Happy flying!

I would bet on it. My dads system worked fine until he accidently pressed the range check button too long and went into scan mode, he changed it back to normal but now has a different channel selection. Because there are a finite number of channels used it is possible and likely that some will be resused and therfore as the frequency hops it finds a channel that it can use and updates the servo positions in the receiver. Then hops through a bunch of frequencies that the receiver does not listen to making the servos stop as there are no updates. Creating the appearance of a stepping. I'm not sure but the telemetry may tell the transmitter that its not getting anything when it transmitting on certain channels and over a few seconds it eliminates the channels that are of no use, would have to verify that with hitec.

My dad relinked all his models and problems were all solved.
The issue I found is that every time I rebind an existing model in NORMAL mode, I loose channel 5 through 9 switch assigments. Channel 5 through 9 go back to factory default. This is somewhat inconvenient. I like to be able to rebind in NORMAL mode when I fly at large events. I think this is a firmware bug. I posted this finding earlier but no one wants to reply.

The other issue is when you have 2 or more saved models and want to fly in SCAN mode, you have to rebind every time you change model. You bind one model, you will loose bind on the other models. I am not sure if this a bug or not.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Michel

Hi

Reading through the above posts , isn,t it important that the transmitter is in charge . If I don,t touch the transmitter module , ALL of the receivers should be on the same channels as the transmitter , is this correct ?

Michel
Old 05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Michel: That is correct........as long as you stay in Normal mode when you turn on your tx all your Rx's will connect up by simply turning on the receivers.
Apparently even if you turn them all on at the same time they will connect.
Except in the most crowded interference situations I doubt it will ever be a problem if you stay in Normal Mode.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
F4FWildcat

Mike,
Any update on the 1.07 release date?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: zero244

Michel: That is correct........as long as you stay in Normal mode when you turn on your tx all your Rx's will connect up by simply turning on the receivers.
Apparently even if you turn them all on at the same time they will connect.
Except in the most crowded interference situations I doubt it will ever be a problem if you stay in Normal Mode.
That is correct.

FYI: We just got from Joe Nall, which had 5 active flight lines and almost 1000 registered pilots... arguably the most crowded event on the planet... right?!?!?! We flew in Normal mode the whole time along with several other Aurora owners... zero issues! I can't say the same though about another popular brand that shall remain nameless!

V1.07 is due in about one month.

Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.