Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Beast 60e servo selection ????

Old 10-27-2016, 05:50 PM
YakisBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Beast 60e servo selection ????

I'm building a Beast 60e and need some advice on servo selection. I want to be as light as possible but still have enough servo power. I went with Spektrum 5040 digital servos for the ailerons. They have 50 oz/inch tq. at 4.8v. That should be good for the ailerons as each servo only runs a single aileron.

How much power do I need for the rudder and elevator? The recommended HV servos is very expensive. I don't want to run HV. I only fly sport and scale aerobatics, no 3d.

I am looking at the Hi tech digital titanium gear 7955tg. It has 250 oz./inch at 4.8 and 333 oz./inch at 6v. Is this enough power or even overkill? These servos are $90 each. Could I get away with cheaper servos? No plastic gears. I also don't need digital on the tail.

I'm running a CC Phoenix edge 75 with a FMS 5060 390kv motor from a 1400mm Pitts. I may run a separate receiver battery. Also looking at a match box for the wings. Any thoughts?