Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 10-01-2013, 02:56 PM
wkevinm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
wk,
It sounds like there is a kink in the line somewhere.... I know that would be the easiest but gotta start there...

I get a reading on the transmitter but that reading does not transfer to the PC via the NAVI as do all of the others.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:18 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sent my advanced sensor and airspeed and one older GPS back because they didn't work right out of the box.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:00 AM
lunarhemal

Hi Mike & A.T.,
I am a happy owner of A9 since last 3 years and i'm looking forward to A9X too for faster response.
I think every one likes to watch videos about the 9X, please upload nice videos with new features and comparative display of response times. also some info about the maxima rx would be great.

Videos Please !!!

Hemal
Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

You might want to send it in.... I will be getting some videos up... Is there anything you all want to see?????
Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=lunarhemal;11629061] Hi Mike & A.T.,
I am a happy owner of A9 since last 3 years and i'm looking forward to A9X too for faster response.
I think every one likes to watch videos about the 9X, please upload nice videos with new features and comparative display of response times.
also some info about the maxima rx would be great. ideos Please !!! Hemal[
/QUOTE]

Aurora 9X
. Aurora 9X - Relevant A9X Questions & Answers on all forums todate.
. Aurora 9X Manual .pdf

Will copy this forum shortly.
Please advise what extra photos are required, not sure how to add video as yet.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-07-2013, 04:27 AM
lunarhemal

Hello,
I don't understand why we need LiPo in Tx.
My NiMh gives me a full day flying backup just right dropping down to 33% after about 20 flights each of 10-12 mins. that's a lot of flying.
Why install a LiPo ?
LiPos are specifically designed to give out ample of current when needed and not increase your flight times.
Our Radios do not need ample current, they just consume 80mA while operating.
Also, you have to keep removing the battery out for charging, which eventually wears off the connectors !!!
I never had to remove my battery from the Tx. unless to clean the inside. And also recommend to charge from wall charger and not fast charge.
IMO, if you need to increase the flight times, just install a NiMh battery with higher mA ratings (default is 1700mA) Available is 2200mA or more which might last for 2 continuous days. Or the best is to keep 2 batteries which is a cheaper solution to expensive and dangerous LiPos.
I think Hitec has given option for LiPo is just because LiPo are getting too common and talked off among hobbies !!!

Happy Long Flyings !!

Hemal
Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 AM
lunarhemal

Thanks Alan,
For sharing the manual on A9X.
I was surprised to see for the first time that the Manual had a version 1.2 !!!
I shall be looking back for another version soon ;-)
I am sure Hitec has plans to upgrade the A9X to increase channels like the 8FG Super. Maybe they are engineering a Rx for the same right now !!
I am all in love for A9X. I have used 14Mz from a friend, but programming ease is nothing like in A9s.

Cheers !!!

Hemal
Old 10-07-2013, 04:50 AM
JIMF14D

Originally Posted by lunarhemal
Hello,
I don't understand why we need LiPo in Tx.
My NiMh gives me a full day flying backup just right dropping down to 33% after about 20 flights each of 10-12 mins. that's a lot of flying.
Why install a LiPo ?
LiPos are specifically designed to give out ample of current when needed and not increase your flight times.
Our Radios do not need ample current, they just consume 80mA while operating.
Also, you have to keep removing the battery out for charging, which eventually wears off the connectors !!!
I never had to remove my battery from the Tx. unless to clean the inside. And also recommend to charge from wall charger and not fast charge.
IMO, if you need to increase the flight times, just install a NiMh battery with higher mA ratings (default is 1700mA) Available is 2200mA or more which might last for 2 continuous days. Or the best is to keep 2 batteries which is a cheaper solution to expensive and dangerous LiPos.
I think Hitec has given option for LiPo is just because LiPo are getting too common and talked off among hobbies !!!

Happy Long Flyings !!

Hemal
I agree. I replaced my stock battery after two years with a 2500mah NiMh battery. After 12 hours of Tx time I have about 33% reserve. Safer and more convenient than a LiPo.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:59 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe,
Why would you look down at your radio???? I am really beginning to think that you are NOT a Hitec person and/or you do NOT know about any of there products. Just saying....... Because, if you did you would know about the HTS-Voice Telemetry Voice Announcing System....
I own a big hitec lipo charger and have used all sizes of the servos
and looking at buying their new radio . What i dont like is people who are sponsered buy them starting their own cheerleading team rather that getting people who dont work for them honest opinions so the rest of us can judge the new radio for ourselfs. My old 7 channel is almost 10 years old and time for me to buy a new one but iam old school and dont need or will use all of junk on most of these new 8 and 9 channel radios . I competed in pattern and pylon in the 70's and 80's and flew my planes well with out the new functions my radios and fly my now scale birds with only simple mixing also . BTW i wont take a chance of putting a lipo in my tranmitter either i use a 2300 nimph pack and it gives me more than anough flying time for a full day of fun. Here is one of my scratch built all hitec powered birds ,you have anymore questions for me sir? joe
Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM
JIMF14D

Originally Posted by joebahl
I own a big hitec lipo charger and have used all sizes of the servos
and looking at buying their new radio . What i dont like is people who are sponsered buy them starting their own cheerleading team rather that getting people who dont work for them honest opinions so the rest of us can judge the new radio for ourselfs. My old 7 channel is almost 10 years old and time for me to buy a new one but iam old school and dont need or will use all of junk on most of these new 8 and 9 channel radios . I competed in pattern and pylon in the 70's and 80's and flew my planes well with out the new functions my radios and fly my now scale birds with only simple mixing also . BTW i wont take a chance of putting a lipo in my tranmitter either i use a 2300 nimph pack and it gives me more than anough flying time for a full day of fun. Here is one of my scratch built all hitec powered birds ,you have anymore questions for me sir? joe
Well I don't work for Hitec but do like their products which I have used for 13+ years. Great bang for the buck and fantastic help and service when you need it. I have two A9 Tx since early 2009 and 12 RX now plus two TM systems and they all work great. I tried Spektrum Dx6 for awhile in 2009 while I waited for Hitec to come out with a 2.4 system. The DX6 was ok but using the wheel thing to program was not that easy especially when compared to the A9 touch screen.
What you call junk on 8 and 9 channel radios these days is what I call tons of nice features. Yes it takes awhile to get used to them but it is all good in the end. When I hear someone say "I would never buy a programmable radio" I am hearing someone who does not know what he is missing.
If you don't want to spring $ for a new radio, there are lots of good deals on used ones on E-Bay etc. With the new A9x coming out soon (soon is relative since last May....LOL) there will be lots of used A9s around.
Give it a try and good luck!
Jim D
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM
wkevinm

I have used lipo in my Tx pretty much since getting it, like them because of the capacity of 2200 Mah, and they do not drain off. I race competitively and travel with lots of gear for racing this reduces the need to haul along chargers for a weekend. I am more confident using lipo than Nimh or nicad, been flying for over 30 years and do not own but a few of the older technology batteries. I have moved to Lipo and life in airplanes for RX as well.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:48 AM
joebahl

I love programing on my radios and have two motors stop while two turn for water taxing, i also have a little rudder mixed with ail for flatter turns ,i said i dont need the altitude stuff and temperture cause its just more stuff draining my batterys and extra weight . There are alot of functions that i dont use but as far as mixing i use alot of them. BTW there are a few things i buy used ,old harleys, indians ,cushman scooters but i can afford to buy a new radio when i want a new one and never buy off of Flea Bay anyways . joe

Last edited by joebahl; 10-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:08 AM
gjhinshaw

Hello, Hello,
I don't understand why we need LiPo in Tx. You don't........
Why install a LiPo ? Some of us install a lipo because it last longer than a NiMh... I can go almost 3 months without charging.....
Our Radios do not need ample current, they just consume 80mA while operating. This is true, I added it so that I don't have to worry about charging it more often.
Also, you have to keep removing the battery out for charging, which eventually wears off the connectors !!! Not, necessarily true...
I think Hitec has given option for LiPo is just because LiPo are getting too common and talked off among hobbies !!! Could be.....

Happy Long Flyings !!

Hemal[/QUOTE]
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
Quote ( Lipo,s ) :and they do not drain off.

BINGO ,................. The man wins a cigar

I charge my lipo , and I,m good for a few weeks . It,s that easy .
It truly is a matter of preference

Michel
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM
joebahl

Your right Michel alot of guys are using them and i amost bought one for my tranmitter but i was worried about long term use and what it might do to my stuff .They are probly fine and iam old and set in my ways sometimes but i like to wait to see if anyone has issues with them (fires) .lol
Old 10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Michel

Hi Joe

I was skeptical also , there are three things :

1 ) I charge at 1C
2 ) respect
3 ) my transmitter doesn,t fly and crash .
But mostly ,............... just dam tired of remembering to charge my transmitter , after it,s been on the shelf for a little under a week . With the lipo , it takes less than 30 minutes . And , all of the time , the lipo,s have kept there charge . I,m a die hard old fart also .

Good to go

Michel
Old 10-07-2013, 03:34 PM
joebahl

Yep i balance charge all my lipos at 1c and i have a couple old lipos that had no balance plugs on them just one deans plug and they are still good. My seaplane is 100 inch wingspan and flying on two 5000 packs so it takes a long time to charge them so i just bought 6 lipos and have had a couple of them for 4 years now without any puffing up . The new Hitec charger i bought comes in handy i can charge 4 at once now and bought a generator to power that. I might give a lipo in my transmitter a try but in my old one and the new one i buy soon i will wear its battery out first . It sounds like its the way to go Michel. joe
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Michel

Hey Joe

For the average pilot , isn,t that Hitec charger great , thats one of the best buys I made two years ago .

Michel
Old 10-07-2013, 07:55 PM
gjhinshaw

When I charge mine, I charge them at 0.8 When I talked to FROMECO about them, they said the best charge is anything under 1C.... As you were saying it is nice to go flying and not worry as I forgot to charge the radio. FROMECO also said that at that charge nothing will get to hot or start melting things..... So I do what they say. I fly any chance I get as I live on 5 acres. And really.... I charge maybe every 3 months or so..... The ONLY complaint I have with the radio..... I wish they would put a fuse in like JR does, So when you get the battery backwards it blows the fuse.... Take the battery cover off, pop out fuse and replace..... Back to flying...... But... Oh well.....
Old 10-09-2013, 02:40 PM
JIMF14D

Originally Posted by JIMF14D
I see Tower is now showing "on order" for some A9x versions and various October times for others. Are we having fun yet?
Ok folks, Santa has arrived early this year (or late depending on how close you have been watching the 9X schedule...lol)!

Tower is now showing 3 versions "in stock-limited quantities" for the 9X Tx and the 9X TX with RXs.

Let the fun begin!
Jim D
Old 10-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Michel

Hi

Drum roll please .

Michel
Old 10-09-2013, 02:48 PM
JIMF14D

[QUOTE=Michel;11635027]Hi

Drum roll please .

Michel[/QUOT
Get those credit cards warmed up and go for it!
Jim D
Old 10-10-2013, 02:36 PM
JIMF14D

No, it does not. you can use the old or New receivers. In order to use the new receivers you have to switch to that receiver......
Some answers from Hitec to some A9x questions I had posed to the Hitec Sales team today :
• If I run the 9X with the present optima 6 to 9 RXs I get the A9 resolution of 1028 with either analog or digital servos? - you will have 4096 Resolution with the 9X and the all RX’s – the resolution seen at the servo will depend upon the servo itself and its level of resolution. It isn’t a digital or analog thing per se, but chip, potentiometer etc. Our 7XXX, 8XXX, & 9XXX have 12 bit resolution or higher.

• The 9x only provides 4096 resolution if used with the Maxima RXs and digital servos? – NO, all RX’s will pass through 4096.
• The Maxima RXs will only work with digital servos? YES

• The 9X data sheet says the update rate is “improved latency-7ms update rate”. 7ms frame rate
o This is the rate at which the RF wave train outputs are updated? YES
o This only applies when used with Maxima RXs? YES, but the 9X with the OPTIMAS are 2x faster than with the A9 (no more module).

o What is the update rate of the Aurora 9? 42ms
• Can I expect the same or better battery run time with the 9x as the A9? Likely the same
• The Maxima Rx power use and current inrush characteristics are very similar to the Optima RXs? Don’t understand the question
• The 9x will not allow me to transfer my present A9model configurations via the HPP-22 Correct

Have fun,
Jim D.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 PM
gjhinshaw

So, Jim..... I don't understand why you posted my name in this??? explanation.....

[QUOTE=JIMF14D;11635030]
Originally Posted by Michel
Hi

Drum roll please .

Michel[/QUOT
Get those credit cards warmed up and go for it!
Jim D
Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 AM
JIMF14D

Well it ended up that way I guess because I thought I was adding useful info to a topic that you had addressed previously. No harm intended for sure.
Jim D

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.