Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 12-17-2013, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly what happened to my last 2 planes using this rx. Sent the transmitter in and it was returned saying they found a broken wire. I'm still not sure I will ever use that radio again.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:01 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Did U have yoy TX antenna to the side like silly Spectrum guys do?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 PM
wkevinm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ejames7699
I have an Aurora 9 and today I lost my 50cc Revolver, it appears I lost signal and as I tried to control the plane it seemed as if I'd loose signal momentarily and it would regain signal. I've been flying this plane for maybe 3 months at least 2-3 times a week. I have no clue as yo why this happen. Batteries were fully charged and I was using an Optima 7 reciever.

Interesting to hear your issues;

I have 1 Optima 9 RX about 8 Optima 6 RX and a couple Optima 7 RX, I lost one plane flying with an Optima 7 about 2 years ago (complete loss of contact) however Hitec replaced the RX when sent for service, no questions excellent service, however the RX they replaced me with had some issues this past summer after about 6 months of use (no crashes), thankfully noticed issues on the ground, (aileron channel acting odd), eventually removed RX after a couple servo change outs and they replaced that RX with a new one, again no questions excellent service. Excellent service but has me wondering about the Optima 7 RX. I wondered but certainly not enough data points to draw any conclusions.

I still think the system is pretty good, I had interest in the 9x however I was disappointed when I saw one a couple weeks ago, I think the older 9 looks better. I had planned to buy one …. not sure now. plan to look around a bit before deciding.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:21 AM
A.T.

Originally Posted by ejames7699
I have an Aurora 9 and today I lost my 50cc Revolver, it appears I lost signal and as I tried to control the plane it seemed as if I'd loose signal momentarily and it would regain signal.
I've been flying this plane for maybe 3 months at least 2-3 times a week. I have no clue as yo why this happen.
Batteries were fully charged and I was using an Optima 7 reciever
Very sorry to hear of the loss of a model and like you, would like to learn the reason for the loss.
Batteries fully charged does not mean they are capable of delivering the volt/amps required when under load during high load manoeuvres.
What was the battery type and the high / low voltage shown on screen after the flight?
Some batteries, especially the new Li type are very difficult to test on the ground and have a short typical 2 year shelf life - how long was it in the shop before purchase?
NiMH have a typical shelf life of 3 years from manufacture after which they deteriorate rapidly with more cases of black wire corrosion than NiCD.
A servo or lead/connection going bad as shown in center section of:
. After Market Accessories - Ignition Systems, Leads, Modules & Switches - Cautions. - see attached picture.

Unfortunately, there are many reasons for loss of a model but the Tx & Rx are usually the first to be blamed.
With any model .60 and above, it is a good idea to use a dual receiver battery system (better than useless lead to balance a model)
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed - Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.

Much more information available under sub sections
. "Battery Care, Performance & DIY Battery Packs."
. "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
. "Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:59 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I have a receiver that seems to be loosing bind.
The current version of components are HPP-22 V2.02(1), Optima 9 V2.02(0), Module V1.09(0).
When I bind the receiver everything looks OK. After the bind the module lights are flashing blue, and steady red.
After binding, I turn on the transmitter, say OK to transmit, turn on receiver and get 4 beeps, with or without moving the sticks the radio starts to beep three times about every two seconds, and the blue light on the module is on steady, and the red light is flickering (not flashing).
I have rebound the receiver three times, and tried it with the radio gear in and out of the plane. Always the same results. The servos aren't tracking where the sticks are going, and series of three beeps every two seconds with a steady blue and flickering red lights on the module.
If I try the transmitter with my other planes, everything works as usual.
I appreciate any input on this problem.

Greg
Old 01-04-2014, 11:35 PM
A.T.

Originally Posted by OldRookie
I have a receiver that seems to be loosing bind.
The current version of components are HPP-22 V2.02(1), Optima 9 V2.02(0), Module V1.09(0).
When I bind the receiver everything looks OK. After the bind the module lights are flashing blue, and steady red.
After binding, I turn on the transmitter, say OK to transmit, turn on receiver and get 4 beeps, with or without moving the sticks
the radio starts to beep three times about every two seconds, and the blue light on the module is on steady, and the red light is flickering (not flashing).
I have rebound the receiver three times, and tried it with the radio gear in and out of the plane.
Always the same results.
The servos aren't tracking where the sticks are going, and series of three beeps every two seconds with a steady blue and flickering red lights on the module.
If I try the transmitter with my other planes, everything works as usual.
I appreciate any input on this problem. Greg
. AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora 9 & Spectra 2.4Ghz Module - Interpret & Manage the Independent Alarms.
extract ". Spectra Module Low Transceiver Battery warning provides triple beep = beep beep beep pause beep beep beep pause.
(When using SPC from EP power battery and module has been programmed with say a 3S battery 9.9v LBW setting and a 2S even fully charged at 8.4v is to be used, alarm would be tripped.
Thus LBW setting for that model must also be changed via HPP-22)
"

Also your receiver may not be holding charge sufficient for demand of the servos:
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servos Stepping - Battery pack (Power Supply) failing under load. (Recharge or get a better battery pack)
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual - then Rebind.
...(Switched between Normal Scan mode with power off before process completed or units were to close on set up).

Strongly suggest all units updated to latest firmware
. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use
..(includes Screenshots & Current Firmware Versions for all related Units).

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 01-05-2014, 06:01 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Yep it was the the battery. I had 3 batteries that I used, but all were under 4.5v with a .5 amp load. Time for recharging.
It still amazes me when having problems, it is always the simple stuff you should have checked that bites you in the ass.

Thanks again AT,
Greg
Old 03-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
And G-Day

I have a Hitec Aurora 9 . I use to own a PC , I switch to , " APPLE - I-MAC " .
QUESTION :

What , ? ,, do I have to do to install the HP-22 , and other up-dates , on a MAC computer , it,s not offered for MAC ,products , at Hitec , What does one do ?

Any help will be appreciated ,.......

Thanks

Michel
Old 03-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Michel

Heelllllloooooooo ,......................... ia anyone out there ?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
HoundDog

mi-chell

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-16-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:11 PM
A.T.

Originally Posted by Michel
Hi And G-Day
I have a Hitec Aurora 9 . I use to own a PC , I switch to , " APPLE - I-MAC " .
QUESTION :
What , ? ,, do I have to do to install the HP-22 , and other up-dates , on a MAC computer , it,s not offered for MAC ,products , at Hitec , What does one do ?
Any help will be appreciated ,.......
Thanks Michel
. HPP-22 and Firmware
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use
..(includes Screenshots & Current Firmware Versions for all related Units)
extract:
"12. Mac PC ?
Mac PC users - run with Bootcamp, Parallels, VMware Fusion or similar. e.g:
Use Boot Camp and load Windows to use the HPP-22 .
("we will work on allowing the user to download the update so an internet connection is not required" as below)"

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Michel

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Buy a PC U bought a great radio and junk for a computer UR still batting 500
Hi
I was taught that if you don,t have something , " NICE " to say , " SHUT-UP " , why don,t you do the same .,.... Thats helping .

Good Day sir
Old 03-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Michel

Hi AT
How have you been ?

Okay ,..... Right ,.................................... I need windows , I have windows 7 ,........................ Thanks

Michel
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 AM
AJsToyz

My Aurora seems to be killing the battery when shut off, any one ever have this problem? Battery is ok in another radio or unplugged, just do not leave it in the one radio plugged in.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Ken Cz

Originally Posted by AJsToyz
My Aurora seems to be killing the battery when shut off, any one ever have this problem? Battery is ok in another radio or unplugged, just do not leave it in the one radio plugged in.
I'm not sure it is the same issue or not but I do notice I have to charge my Aurora 9 and 9X far more often than any other TX I have had - I assumed it just used more juice when on due to the large screen.
I have been using a Lipo since day one too.

I am setting up 2 new planes on my new 9X and it was in the case for about month and when I went to use the battery (lipo) was nearly depleted.
I was not paying attention and just assumed I had left the power switch on last time I used it - Maybe not?
Guess I will start watching this closer.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:39 AM
AJsToyz

I think this radio might need to go in for a check up. I had my other radio sitting for a month with the same battery no problem. I put the battery in this radio and its dead. It has happened before too.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:51 AM
HoundDog

Call Mike at HiTec 858-748-8440 after 9 PDT. Works for me most of the time.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
AJsToyz

Well, its on its way to Hitec. I did charge it up again, left battery out and it holds a good charge. I put the battery in with the radio off and the battery was at less than 50% after 10 hours. Screen has an issue also so I'm not taking any chances.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Ken Cz

Well, its on its way to Hitec. I did charge it up again, left battery out and it holds a good charge. I put the battery in with the radio off and the battery was at less than 50% after 10 hours. Screen has an issue also so I'm not taking any chances.
Flew my 9X today 1 time, for the first time, before the rain came and so far it seems to still be holding the charge. I'll check it again tonight.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:23 PM
AJsToyz

Well, I just got a shipping notice from Fed-ex. It seems my radio is on the way home!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Ken Cz

Well, I just got a shipping notice from Fed-ex. It seems my radio is on the way home!
Please let us know what they found to be the problem.
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM
AJsToyz

Will do Ken! Oh Yeh, never received any kind of Bill or notice. They just did the work and shipped it back!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:45 AM
AJsToyz

Radio is home and happy. It had a bad capacitor, they upgraded firmware, shipped back no charge. This radio was not under warranty but still repaired No Charge!!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Ken Cz

Radio is home and happy. It had a bad capacitor, they upgraded firmware, shipped back no charge. This radio was not under warranty but still repaired No Charge!!
Thanks AJ.
Good info to know. As I have always found, great customer support from our Hitec boys out in CA. Good guys indeed!

Question: How fast was your TX self-discharging?
Mine seems to need more charging than my previous A9, and certainly more than any other TX I have had - could just be the larger screen, more complicated electronics requirements, or I am just flying more??
Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 AM
AJsToyz

I think your just lucky enough to be flying more!

I'm guessing but I believe it only needed to sit for a day with the switch off for the battery to go dead. I bought it as a back up, came with a lipo but the lipo is now puffed. I would have to remove the battery after charging to prevent it from going dead.

Andy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.