Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 07-16-2014, 05:56 AM
Ken Cz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AJsToyz
I think your just lucky enough to be flying more!

I'm guessing but I believe it only needed to sit for a day with the switch off for the battery to go dead. I bought it as a back up, came with a lipo but the lipo is now puffed. I would have to remove the battery after charging to prevent it from going dead.

Andy
Thanks Andy - Don't forget the big RC event starting this Thurs - Saturday at the Custer Airport in Monroe. 3 of us from Lake Orion area may drive down on Saturday.
Ken
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AJsToyz

I think your just lucky enough to be flying more!

I'm guessing but I believe it only needed to sit for a day with the switch off for the battery to go dead. I bought it as a back up, came with a lipo but the lipo is now puffed. I would have to remove the battery after charging to prevent it from going dead.

Andy
So if the battery was physically in its installed position and the switch was off the battery would go dead.
If it was removed and sat on a table or shelf or wherever it would not go dead.

Sounds to me like that switch in its mechanical off position still had electrical continuity and the circuit was not open.

Zor
Old 07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Is there an extension cable available for the Hitec sensor station?

Greg
Old 04-12-2015, 09:59 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

AT,
Hope you're still checking this thread. I have an A9 and have been trying to set up elevon on a gyro copter. I had to reverse the servos to get get left and right on the rotor head. Unfortunately, I can't get the forward and aft movement correct which could be related to as the elevator portion of the elevon. The elevator control is backwards when the aileron movement is correct. If I set the servos to normal, then the elevator portion moves correctly however, now the aileron portion is backwards. I did a search on this thread and saw where you had posted a fix for someone else with the same issue but, after trying the suggestions that you posted I still have the same issue. I'm running an Optima 9 transceiver and Hitec 645MG servos. Any thoughts you have would be appreciated. This is my first gyro so as you can imagine the whole concept is new for me. I have both head servos mounted up front and attempting to use elevon programming to get up and down and left and right in one smooth motion. Thank you for all the great work you've done on this thread.

Last edited by WILDCRASHWILLY; 04-12-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:07 AM
Ken Cz

AT passed away some time ago.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:41 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

So sorry, he contributed so much information to this forum. I was unaware of his passing.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Ken Cz

AT was a fine, helpful human being. Sorry I never got to meet him in person.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:58 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Me too. I sent a PM to Mike Mayberry asking him to check my post. Maybe he can shed some light on my dilemma.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:19 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

I called Mike Mayberry. He told me a couple things to try and as usual, he got me going. I had to put the servos back on normal and reverse the connections at the servos between rx port one and two. Works like a champ. Thank you Mike.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:32 AM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did Mike say that he would answer questions on this thread?

Thanks
Rich
Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

I took it that he wasn't monitoring this one any longer. Unfortunately I didn't think to ask him where he has been lurking until after I hung up. I had told him that I had my question on here. That's why I acknowledged his helping me here thinking he might decide to check here after our conversation. I just called the service number listed on Hitec's Web page and asked for him.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:20 PM
boothg-3

If Mike is reading this I,m still using my aurora 9 it was one of the early radios I waited patiently on the back order
that said , Mike a lot of us could use more channels how about a 12 or 14 channel
Old 02-19-2016, 06:49 AM
318scott
My Feedback: (1)

Yes I agree. MIKE are you here?,
I very much like my Aurora 9 BUT I need more channels and do not want to change Brands. I have many receivers now.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:27 AM
pappy35

I was done waiting 2 years ago. This was the #1 reason I switched to JR (then). I recently bought a Futaba 18SZ and Hitec wasn't even on the radar for the same reason. The Aurora was (is) a great radio but without more channels it's a stagnant product.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:40 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Originally Posted by pappy35
I was done waiting 2 years ago. This was the #1 reason I switched to JR (then). I recently bought a Futaba 18SZ and Hitec wasn't even on the radar for the same reason. The Aurora was (is) a great radio but without more channels it's a stagnant product.
Same here Pappy,
I like to build and want to get into more scale planes. I've been holding out for a 12 channel offering but it looks like I need to go to a different brand as well to get what I want. I was considering a Graupner MZ24 however, when I realized it only used a battery in TX that's 3.3 volts, it scared me off. The milli amps are good but I feel you still need pressure to push them out of the battery and through the system at a decent rate. I prefer 9.6 volts but the voltage in the 7 volt range seems to be adequate on many radios today. That low voltage reminds me of an old tractor we used to have that would barely start on 6 volt but when we converted to the 12 volt system was a completely different system. We also converted a Model A that my father in law has which made a big difference. If Hitec doesn't come out with a 12 channel this year, I may go to brand F. I have one of the brand Fs now and although I thought it was a step backward from the hitec, I'm not completely dissatisfied with it and feel I can live with it. Maybe a 14sg or something like that.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:31 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by WILDCRASHWILLY
Same here Pappy,
I like to build and want to get into more scale planes. I've been holding out for a 12 channel offering but it looks like I need to go to a different brand as well to get what I want. I was considering a Graupner MZ24 however, when I realized it only used a battery in TX that's 3.3 volts, it scared me off. The milli amps are good but I feel you still need pressure to push them out of the battery and through the system at a decent rate. I prefer 9.6 volts but the voltage in the 7 volt range seems to be adequate on many radios today. That low voltage reminds me of an old tractor we used to have that would barely start on 6 volt but when we converted to the 12 volt system was a completely different system. We also converted a Model A that my father in law has which made a big difference. If Hitec doesn't come out with a 12 channel this year, I may go to brand F. I have one of the brand Fs now and although I thought it was a step backward from the hitec, I'm not completely dissatisfied with it and feel I can live with it. Maybe a 14sg or something like that.
Whats the difference most every thing in a computer (Radio) is converted to + or - 3 volts or less anyway which is just a wast of energy and creates heat.
Computers are not like Tractors they don't have a STARTER. Most air built toda (GA) have gone to 24 volts because the electronic components draw half the current on a 24 volt system than a 12 volt system. Then again the price jumps, Some times By the square.

Last edited by HoundDog; 02-25-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike doesn't patrol RCU much anymore but I'm all over the place.

I totally get the need for more channels, especially as someone who flies GS. 9 channels is the limitation with our system and that's pretty much how many servos a lot of 35% airplanes have, mine including. I have overcome this problem using a pair of Maxima 9 receivers with my 9X since 9 servos leaves you with no room to plug in power.

There has been rumors and speculation of a higher channel transmitter coming out soon but I don't have any other information available to give out. There are shortcuts and methods to bypass the 9 channel limits (ganging servos on the same channel, using channel expansion systems, etc.) in the meantime.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12036427_10208558629790152_2292961368185543092_n.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	2149419   Click image for larger version

Name:	1914596_10209284514776823_369940811410573614_n.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	2149420  
Old 02-27-2016, 05:20 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

I suppose you're correct hound dog. Just a perception thing for me. I know the TX is different but, when I first got my A9 I experienced the horror of a rx brown out when it dropped to 3 volt. The folks at Hitec told me to not use any 4.8 volt batteries. Of course now I use A123s on everything. I guess I just feel more comfortable with the higher voltage reserve since voltage is essentially pressure. Reminds me of my waterhose on my well system. I can tell when my pressure is dropping by the performance of my water flow. But when my well pump kicks on and the pressure comes up my water flow improves dramatically. I know that's not the best anology to use but, that's what I think of when I hear a manufacturer is running the low voltage. It just gives me the PERCEPTION that they are running the minimum with no reserve or they are trying to save production cost by running a minimal battey. Xpress, I too gang batteries on my aerobatic planes but I'm wanting to get in to some scale things that might use additional different channels. Thank you both for your responses.

Last edited by WILDCRASHWILLY; 02-27-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:36 AM
HoundDog

I suppose you're correct hound dog. Just a perception thing for me. I know the TX is different but, when I first got my A9 I experienced the horror of a rx brown out when it dropped to 3 volt. The folks at Hitec told me to not use any 4.8 volt batteries. Of course now I use A123s on everything. I guess I just feel more comfortable with the higher voltage reserve since voltage is essentially pressure. Reminds me of my waterhose on my well system. I can tell when my pressure is dropping by the performance of my water flow. But when my well pump kicks on and the pressure comes up my water flow improves dramatically. I know that's not the best anology to use but, that's what I think of when I hear a manufacturer is running the low voltage. It just gives me the PERCEPTION that they are running the minimum with no reserve or they are trying to save production cost by running a minimal battey. Xpress, I too gang batteries on my aerobatic planes but I'm wanting to get in to some scale things that might use additional different channels. Thank you both for your responses.
Using a higher voltage or more capacity is Like Putting Up a water tower and let your Pump fill it never have pressure problems again. I run 2 cell LIFE 2500's 4 each in my big gas war birds 2 through a bat share one on the Ignition and f I go from air to electric retracts I'll add another LIFE for them. A good battery set up is worth it's weight in gold and cheap compared to a GS P-47 or a $10 grand Jet. A Couple hundred dollars of GOOD batteries is real cheap insurance. Wouldn't U say.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:39 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

I do agree, that's why I would prefer a little more battery on the tx. Thank you.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:43 PM
HoundDog

I do agree, that's why I would prefer a little more battery on the tx. Thank you.
My A9 charges out to 8.6 volts w/ NIMH but a 2 cell LIpoly last's a lot longer. What do U us in your A9?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Xpress

I definitely like the life I get out of a 2s 3600 lipo pack in my 9X. The Pulse Rx packs fit right in, I haven't charged my battery since January 10th and I've used it every weekend since.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:46 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Xpress
I definitely like the life I get out of a 2s 3600 lipo pack in my 9X. The Pulse Rx packs fit right in, I haven't charged my battery since January 10th and I've used it every weekend since.
[TABLE="width: 98%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 90%"][h=1]PULSE LIPO 2S 3600mAh 7.4V (Receiver Battery) - ULTRA POWER SERIES PLURX-36002[/h][/TD]
[TD="align: right"][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: borders"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%, align: left"]Part Number PLURX-36002[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: center"][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]
Is this the Lipo U are speaking and why do they call it a receiver pack and not a transmitter pack?[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 03-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Xpress

That's the pack, usually they call them Rx packs because they're lower profile and don't have a high C rating for high current demands since receivers or transmitters don't draw a lot of current. It works in either application, though you may need to fit the ELCO connector from your old Aurora 9 pack to work with your Aurora 9. The Aurora 9X has a standard Rx servo plug.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zor

Youre still alive !!!!!!! ,............... ( I,m working on it ) .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.