RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo confusion

Old 03-23-2002, 06:00 PM
spool-it-up
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servo confusion

The first thing is i dont want anybody to take this thread the wrong way.I have been flying for 13years now and try to learn as much as i can by listening and reading and this sight i read alot.
I guess the problem i have is when i read about the different servos and you are trying your best to install the correct ones in your planes that you here about the ones you use and read about them on sights like this and every body talks high about them,then you get to one thread that someone had a bad experience and all of a sudden everybody talks about the bad problems they had with that servo and before you know it it comes out (i would never buy that one again)

People like me read and listen and then you get to the point you really dont know what to buy and use anymore.
Just want to know do you really have to try to keep up with tech. today or just use what you feel is been good for you.
Thanks guys still like this sight
and the hobby of RC.
John
Old 03-23-2002, 11:20 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servo confusion

Truth be known, Airtronics, Futab, JR, and Hitec all have excellent servos. Someone, somewhere will have a problem with either, or all at some time. Personally I have had only one servo fail on me in almost 30 years of flying R/C. I find Hitec servos one of our hobbies greatest bargains going.

Vince
Old 03-23-2002, 11:23 PM
jdwiflyrc
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servos

Vince Hi, I agree with you.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

What works good use it.

Keep fly'in, John
Old 03-23-2002, 11:59 PM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Servos

I agree 100% on the Hitec's !
Also had good experiences with Multiplex.

Michael
Old 03-24-2002, 09:41 AM
Steve Lewin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servo confusion

There you go, just as John was saying. I also like Hitec servos (and receivers) a lot. But I've had a couple of the smaller Multiplex servos go bad on me so I don't use them any more.

Even some of the really cheap off-brand servos are o.k. They're nearly all made by GWS and there's not much wrong with them.

But the only way you'll ever buy something that no-one has ever had a problem with is if you get something that's brand new and you're the first to ever try it. Rather you than me

Steve
Old 03-24-2002, 12:20 PM
spool-it-up
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default servo confusion

Thanks guys for some of the positive input. I will keep flying and learning. I also think hitech does make good servos i think just about any one you purchase will do the job right if you instal correct . I am not promoting just hitech either because i use other brands. Use them for what they are specked to do thats my guideline and years of fun will come.
John