Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 AM
graggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter battery

Hi, I have a Futaba 6EX radio system. I would like to put a better battery in the transmitter that would last longer. Dont want to go lipo though. Can anybody tell me where I could find a site to order a battery? I know I saw threads on this before just cant seem to find a dealer. thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: transmitter battery

There are many. Troy Built Models (TBM), Batteries America, NoBS Batteries, TrueRC, Horizon Hobbies, Tower Hobbies. Get FLY RC model magazine and look through the advertisements. I go every year to the Toledo Weak Signals RC Convention. There are numerous battery manufacturers and distributors. JR, Spektrum, and Futaba all offer their own brand of NiCad and NiMh batteries. A123 batteries are a good choice. They take a pounding, charge fast, and can be installed without voltage regulators, in many cases. The Enyloop batteries are a variant of NiMh. They hold their charge much longer than traditional NiMh.

I personally use Lithium batteries for Tx and Rx and I have had zero problems in over a year. They charge in an hour, hold their charge for a long time. You can top off in between flights and fly forever. Just don't leave the switch on as they don't recover well from discharge below 3v/cell. Don't leave them connected to a voltage regulator over night. Rx packs require voltage regulators unless you are using servos that can operate at 8.4v unregulated. I use LiPos in all my Tx packs and I have never had an issue.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Clay Walters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transmitter battery

graggy,

I ordered mine here http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage8.htm

Regards,

Clay