Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Any new options for Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz RX's?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Any new options for Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz RX's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM
SunnyFlyer09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any new options for Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz RX's?

Are there any options for an RX for this radio out there? Loooking for something smaller (for indoor planes, and something cheaper for sport planes.)

The standard airtronics 2.4 RX sells for $80 each and is a bit too big for my foamie indoor planes. And I'd like to buy 6 of them for my glow planes.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Any new options for Airtronics RD8000 2.4 GHz RX's?

The 7-channel full range and 6-channel micro receivers are expected within the next 45 days or so along with the 10-channel SD-10G radio system and matching 10-channel receiver. The Stylus 2.4Ghz module and receiver package are also expected out at the same time.

The 92824 receiver is only 17 grams, and you can reduce it to 11 grams by removing the plastic case and simply shrink-wrapping it for protection. If this is still too heavy, hang in there and Airtronics/Global Hobby should be bombarding us with additional product offerings before the first of May.

Edit: With coupon code 010B3, you can order a pair of 92824 receivers from Tower for $159.98 and save $25.00 plus get free shipping if you're a Super Saver member. The net cost of two 92824 receivers? $67.49 each with free shipping.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
sthill

I was considering buying 2 new receivers and decided to just by another TX + 2 receivers combo! I figure it probably cost me an extra $45-$50 but now I have a buddy box, extra battery and a backup just in case my primary TX needs to go in for service.

Just an idea...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
SunnyFlyer09

biged, thanks for all the info. Where did you get the coupon?

As soon as I get to Charlotte and land a decent job, I will be getting that 10g Radio....Can't wait !!!!

Good thought sthill !