Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C. Dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM
KC10Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C. Dumb question

I just moved from Oklahoma to Alaska, and left most of my RC planes with my mom in Oklahoma. I haven't flown them in several years due to a lack of time. I didn't want the movers breaking them either, so I left them there. Anyways, I ordered a kit a few days ago and figured that this would be the perfect time to upgrade my radio system. I've had a Futaba 8UAF for about 10 years. It's been a great radio. Other than breaking a couple of switches, I've never had a problem with it. So, I was reading about the new 2.4G FAAST radios and I ordered a Futaba 7C last night. I realize that my old receivers won't work, but this will get me started at least. Anyways, let me get this straight. My radio is unique and won't interfere with any other radio? No more frequency tags or waiting to fly because three other people at the club are on the same frequency? I don't understand how it works, but that's what I got out of all the info I was reading. Sounds pretty sweet. Will I have to worry about some kid down the street with a park flyer shooting me down? Who else has a 7C? Overall impression? Any problems? I've missed out on a lot in the few years I wasn't flying RC. Thanks for any info!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C. Dumb question

You should be fine other than the fact that you only have 7 channels. The FASST system grabs two channels, on the 2.4Ghz band, when the Tx is turned on, and constantly switches to two different channels every so many milliseconds, until the Tx is turned off. You have to BIND the Tx to the Rx, initially. This allows the Rx to capture and hold the ID of the Tx and Lock it in. Once Bound, the Rx will not respond to any Tx but the one it is Bound to unless you Rebind with another Tx. No other Tx, from Futaba or any other Mfg, will interfere with your Tx/Rx. Also, because 2.4Ghz is a much higher frequency than 72Mhz, you will not likely to receive interference from many of the things that generate RF noise down on 72Mhz.

There are those skeptics who can provide scenarios where RF noise can interfere with 2.4Ghz operation, including Cell Phones, Routers, Surveillance Cameras, and other 2.4Ghz devices, but I have not experienced any such interference.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Mr. Mugen

I have had the 7C since it's release and have had nothing ut good luck with it. I own 3 of the older 7CAP's in 72mhz and still use them with not a single issue. It is a good solid radio for the money and has many good features and premixes. Do not worry about interference. If it happens for some unforseen reason....so be it. There are more pluses to it than negatives. The kids down the street will not shoot you down.

You will not be disappointed IMO. It is hands down the most user friendly radio I have used to date. Make the rest seem over complicated IMO. Have fun with it and ask away. We are happy to help.

Kevin
Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep you're pretty much set, no more frequency board.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
altavillan
My Feedback: (1)

I have a 72mhz and a 2.4 7c. They are a very good radio except for one thing. They fit my hands perfectly. So when they finaly came out with the 12z and I bought one, it's larger size took forever to get used to.
And yep just like they said they are almost like on their very own frequency.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 AM
KC10Chief

Awesome! I can't wait to get it! Two day shipping to Alaska is actually about a week. [:@] Anyways, I'm not too worried about it only being 7 channels. The 8UAF was WAY more than I ever needed. Most of my planes are simple, fun fly types. I do some aileron mixing sometimes. I have one plane with retracts and flaps. That's only 6 channels.