Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Does anyone remember Aero Pack International's "G-pack" foam?

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Does anyone remember Aero Pack International's "G-pack" foam?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Don Brent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone remember Aero Pack International's "G-pack" foam?

It came in pack with a pink (Rx) sheet and a blue (battery) sheet of memory foam each about 3/8" thick (the pink being slightly softer). Anyway I used this stuff years ago with alot of success and was wondering if anyone still makes it (or something similar)?

The company that used to manufacture it, Aero Pack International is now Aero Pack Incorporated and is now manufacturing rocketry components. I didn't see the foam on their list of products.

I'm sure the foam is available from other sources, just wondering if anyone else out there used it and/or liked it...

Don
Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Does anyone remember Aero Pack International's "G-pack" foam?

I remember "G Pad" foam that was touted as the best thing since sliced bread for protecting your radio gear.

Exactly the same stuff is now used to make ground-pads for camping. It's a closed-cell foam available in different colors and thicknesses.

It used to cost big-money to buy G-Pad but now I can buy a whole ground-pad for $10 and that's about a 6'x3' sheet of 3/8" or 1/2" foam.

What surprises me most is how many folks just use velcro or even cable-ties to secure their receivers to the airframe - with no padding at all.

I've yet to damage a receiver in a crash, even after some 45 years of RC flying. I put that down to the excessive use of foam padding (oh, and amazing flying skills yeah right! :-))
Old 03-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Don Brent

Default RE: Does anyone remember Aero Pack International's "G-pack" foam?

Was G-Pad a "memory" foam?