Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Adjusting the High end Neddle valve with the radio?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Adjusting the High end Neddle valve with the radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 06:58 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting the High end Neddle valve with the radio?

Can it be done? I have a 9C and was wondering if this would be possible.

I figured I could add something like an HS55 under the cowel of my plane(s) and set it up to work off one of the slider switches or knobs on my radio. Then if it needed adjustment in flight or even on the ground it would be a matter of tapping the switch instead of playing around a sharp object spinning at about 12K RPMs.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:18 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I've heard of people doing it and, with the 9C, it would be easy with all of the available sliders, etc.

The hard part would be trying to make the connection from the servo to the needle valve.

Mike
Old 06-13-2003, 07:30 PM
jon.emmons

I have thought of doing this as well, even though I don't have the need for it now, it's the type of thing I like to do.

I'd start by removing the ratcheting at least partially. Once set, the servo will keep it in place. Next I'd tap the needle valve to allow it to take a screw. Next, set the needle valve for your preferred mixture, then screw a servo horn on the end of the needle valve. Run a link through the firewall to a servo in the fuselage and go nuts!

You will only be able to adjust about 160 degrees or so, but as long as it's dialed in in the first place it should be enough.

That's my armchair analysis for a solution. Of course I'm flying a trainer and have no use for this setup, but like I said, it's just the type of thing I like to figure out.

Jon
Old 06-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Default Adj .NV

jon.e ,

you can always buy a adjustible NV from BVM JETS or Jet Model products - they both work really well.

Jackjet
Old 06-29-2003, 12:28 AM
deltaman
My Feedback: (2)

Hi i use a in flight needle set up all the time. there are several needles that can be actuated by a servo. the 9c has a program that alows you to set the mix at full throttle then use differing amounts of mix change as the throttle is moved to idle. this allows for a possiable need to change mix at low power. i run every thing on pipe. the mix change from on pipe to off can be taken
care of. it is the last program on the mix screen.

larry
Old 06-29-2003, 04:18 AM
atvracer
My Feedback: (17)

i have hooked one in a boat when i was into them i use a
Dubro Steering Arm work great

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD849&P=0

atvracer