Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Analog retract servos in the 2.4GHz era

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Beavis
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Analog retract servos in the 2.4GHz era

Hello,

Basic question: I understand that it is preferrable/safer to use 5-cell batteries (6.0V) on board for DSM receivers. However, many analog retract servos are not rated to be used beyond 4.8V (4 cells). If one were to take a chance and use one of these servos on 5 cells anyway, what would be the risk? Would just the life of the servo decrease, or could it lead to some type of disastrous failure?

Thank you in advance,
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Analog retract servos in the 2.4GHz era

I currently have an H9 P47-150. I am using JR 791 Retract servos. They Jitter at one end when using 6v battery packs. I use 2cell 2500mah LiPo Rx packs, so I need a Voltage Regulator anyway. Whether I used 7.4v LiPos or 6v Nicad/NiMh, I still use a 5v Voltage Regulator to keep the 791 servos under control.

If I needed the increased Torque and Speed that 6v would give me for the other servos in the plane, I could use 5v Voltage Regulators, on servo Extensions, for each of the Retract servos.

You do not want to burn up servos by using the wrong voltage, even if they do not Jitter.