Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba 12Z, Technical support and Direct support forum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12Z, Technical support and Direct support forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Futaba 12Z, Technical support and Direct support forum

I was hoping it would not come to this. After much effort on my part to work with tech service and the Futaba direct support forum I still have no resolution to my problem. I can understand the need for moderation in a direct support forum to an extent, but deleting my posts and now locking my thread has forced me to post here and let you guys know at least my experience with Futaba. I am sure that I am the exception to the rule and Futaba is a good reputable company, but I have not been so lucky to this point. Please look here for the thread that is locked now for a background on my radio issues. this is also posted on FG under the name spookyeng.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#8709236

Here is a link to my video documenting the issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vfeYgqNVL4

Here is a copy of the post that was deleted/censored on the direct support forum....

I have had the radio for a year and a half. The radio is not under warranty anymore. That is why I brought it to Radio South and did not send it to Futaba for service. Plus I have not had the best of luck with Futaba Tech Service over the phone. Always feel like I am a second class citizen everytime I am on the phone with them. I know the tech guy talks with alot of people during the day and I am sure it can get a little, how do I put it, maybe frusturating. But I am a customer too and expect to be treated with respect and not like I am a dum A#$. The first time I called Futaba tech support about this problem with the radio, I was told "The Hitec Servos are the problem and I should put Futaba servos in there and the problem would go away". Well I have tried to test it with Futaba servos and the problem is still there. I have even tried a JR 8711 and the problem is still there. Wonder why I don't send it in.

I contacted Hobbico to talk with them and they referred me back to Futaba tech support about the problem. Felt like the runaround again. I was told "whatever the tech guy (not going to use his name here) says, take as God" The tech guy did call me back (thank you)and I reexplained the problem and he said it sound like a bad potentiometer. I stated that all four have been changed and the reply was "that does not mean the new potentiometer was good". I can totally understand defective parts and I do understand that it happens, but to replace all four with the new style (which I thought I would have had already!) and the bad part gets installed on the same stick that I had problems with before I find very unlikely. There are other conversations I have had that I am too upset with to list here, but it goes on and on.

Sorry for the rant and I am really not trying to bash Futaba or Hobbico, and I actually really like the 12Z, very easy to use and a good feeling radio. I am not asking for a new radio but with all the problems maybe a something like credit for a new radio or swap, something. But when I contacted Hobbico or Futaba I get the answers listed above, redirected back to Tech and I never get a good feeling talking with that individual! After all i am just one customer of the many, but with all the money spent on this radio I feel like a little customer service would be great. I wish I would have written down all the people I have had contact with just so I would have it.

So I am hoping that the new gimble will fix my problem. If not, I hope it is not a proccessor or something more expensive that will not be covered because the radio is not under warranty anymore.

I feel like my $1300.00 was nothing to Futaba and I was trying to do the right thing and send it to a reputable service location locally here in Florida and not send it in to IL for service.

This was for two reasons...

One...I try and do the correct thing and knowing that my radio was out of warranty send it to a local company that has a excellent reputation troubleshooting and servicing thier product and pay out of my own pocket and not take from them.

Two...the radio is local and the plane can be brought with for troubleshooting simulating the problem exactlly.

So I am at a loss and will more than likely have to buy a new radio and I really don't want to spend another $1300.00. In the end the money (and I saved for awhile to buy the Futaba radio) is secondary to the principle! If anybody would like to contact me about this please do, I have nothing to hide 850-525-8012. Take care guys and thanks for reading my post.