Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Transmitter Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 PM
TheCrunge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Transmitter Problems?

Hello all, I have a question about a Futaba Magnum PCM 1024 transmitter. I have a friend with two of these transmitters. Both are set up seemingly identically with respect to trims. The one transmitter however refuses to steer cars to their full limits. I don't know how to describe this more clearly, but basically when using identical set ups (cars, crystals, etc) the one transmitter works perfectly, steering the car correctly to the limits of the cars steering. However the other receiver only has about half the steering range of the other car.

My question is whether this is a common problem or whether it is easy to fix? I would like to be utilizing both of these transmitters to be controlling several cars, however right now I am stuck using one, which is kind of a pain. Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Futaba Transmitter Problems?

It sounds like the "Steering ATV(adjustable travel volume)" knobs are set to something other than wide.Thus limiting the "Travel volume" of the steering servo.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
TheCrunge

Thanks for the response. Where is this knob located? Is it under the front cover or somewhere else? I just ask because so far I think I have adjusted all the knobs under the cover to both limits with no change in response.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

They would be under the front panel,and need to be set fully clockwise for full travel.It looks like that transmitter also has a dual rate for the steering,controled by what looks like a "thunbwheel"..It needs to be fully to the right.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM
TheCrunge

Thanks for the advice. All it was was the wheel that needed to be adjusted. Should be able to use this transmitter. Thanks again!