Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

High Torque Servos or 6V receiver battery???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Ryanater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Torque Servos or 6V receiver battery???

I have an Ofna ultra GTP with the force .28. My problem is that the thing is just undrivable. I realize that a lot of it is because of my driving skill but it still should be better than this.

It feels like the steering is really inaacurate and slow. It also won't turn very sharp at all when it is moving at a decent speed (I'm not talking about sliding out, it just won't trun the wheels.) I also noticed that right when I replace my receiver batteries the problem gets better for 1-2 tanks of gas.

Right now I am running the stock servos which I am not sure if they are standard or High Torque, and the receiver is being powered by 4 AA batteries.

My question is would it help my problem if I went to a 6v battery pack? I don't understand why it would though because isn't running 4 AA batteries 6 volts? (1.5v x 4)

Or should I buy a high torque servo? (if It doesn't already have one.)

If I but one or both of these things am I going to notive a big improvement?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: High Torque Servos or 6V receiver battery???

If you are using dry batteries try NICD's. The lower internal resistance would make the servos more peppy. Better still would be 2 A123's if you can get them.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Ryanater

What are those?

I have some rechargable nimh batteries, they are 1.2 volts with 2000mah. Should I try those?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Use 5 NIMH cells in series. That should make them more peppy.
For info on A123 cells go to batteries and chargers and look under a123 racing support