Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Number of servos per channel

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 AM
rwolfe9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Number of servos per channel

I am building a rather large plane and was considering operating the 4 typical elev and aler control surfaces all as elevons. I will be using 4-S3010 Futaba servos and a R606FS Rx. The Futaba site quotes 8amps continuious and 10amps peak-is this per channel? I wasn't able to find the draw on the servos. Also, is this a good idea for the surfaces?

RESIST THE URGE TO RELEASE THE FACTORY INSTALLED SMOKE.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 AM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

Default RE: Number of servos per channel

There are many of us that run 2 high torque HS-7955 or HS-5955 (330 in oz) servos into 1 channel for ailerons on Giant Scale airplanes with no problem. So I don't think it would be any problem running all 4 S3010's into a single channel. I would think you would never pull more than a total of 3 Amps, but if it was me, I would split them up into 2 channels and mix the 2 channels, gives you more redundancy.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
rwolfe9

Do you think it's overkill to work all 4 surfaces as elevons?

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
rcairflr

I have never run elevons and have no idea of what you are trying to accomplish or what the airframe looks like.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
rwolfe9

It is a scratch built B-52. I was going to try this setup since the elevator control surfaces are scale, but seem small compared to the ailers. The aliers run the length of the TE of each wing. It is about a 12' span.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

NO FACTORY INSTALLED SMOKE RELEASES.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:19 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The new 6014HS Rx has the facility to link two MPDX-1 systems to channels 11 & 12 this means that Futaba are advocating the use of 8 servos off one channel together this means channel 11 can drive eight servos and chanel 12 can drive eight servos, so with DG1 and DG2 this means you can drive twenty six servos proportionally and two switched from this Rx.

Mike

Old 05-16-2009, 06:30 AM
rcairflr

ORIGINAL: rwolfe9

It is a scratch built B-52. I was going to try this setup since the elevator control surfaces are scale, but seem small compared to the ailers. The aliers run the length of the TE of each wing. It is about a 12' span.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] NO FACTORY INSTALLED SMOKE RELEASES.

Couple thing come to mind with this information:
1. Are S3010 servos big enough for an airplane that size. Esxpecialy 1 per aileron
2. Instead of ganging all 4 servos together, use the elevators and ailerons on there own channel and then use mixing as required to accomplish the flight control you are trying to get.
3. What radio are you using?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 AM
panzerd18

What about a Powerbox?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:21 PM
rwolfe9

Couple thing come to mind with this information:
1. Are S3010 servos big enough for an airplane that size. Esxpecialy 1 per aileron
2. Instead of ganging all 4 servos together, use the elevators and ailerons on there own channel and then use mixing as required to accomplish the flight control you are trying to get.
3. What radio are you using?

1) With the chart I have it does say that with one servo per aileron I would need 75oz/in which is correct for this S3010. The rub is that this chart only goes up to a 100" span and I'm doing about 144". HELP!
2)That was what I was trying to do, you say it much better that I could. Sorry for the mixup.
3)Futaba 6EX-2.4GHz

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 PM
rwolfe9

Where would I be able to find one of those? An earlier message talked about a power expander by Futaba, but I was unsuccessful on that search as well. HELP!