Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo Compatability

Does someone have a link or chart, or what ever on what servos will work with what receivers, plug configuration not considered. I just picked up some more stuff from the guy that I got the 33% Laser 200 from and included in the bunch was some Airtronic servos.Will these servos work with a Futaba Receiver??

Don.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 AM
freeair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo Compatability

yes the Airtronic servos are fine with Futaba receivers.  one thing you allways must remember is correct Polarity when plugging in a different or should i say any servo into a receiver as to battery packs,   correct polarity .    if the servo  to receiver wiring starts with a negative wire such as a black or brown wire so should the battery power wire,    lets say your existing receiver and original servos [ futaba ]  start with a black then red then white plug end ,  so should any other servo you wish to use with this receiver, such as brown / red / orange like JR have .
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

The new Airtronics stuff has a blue plug, and is compatible with all major brands.

Airtronics in the past used opposite polarity, in which case you would have to ...

All the other brands are interchangeable, with the caviat that the Futaba 'ear' has to be snipped off.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
silver007

I am using an airtronics servo with a futaba receiver. No problems, just had to change the plug and it seems like I did have to figure out some type of polarity stuff.

You could check here for cross-refs on wiring and stuff:

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I guess I should have taken the box of Airtronics he offered me. I did get a few of them, and some switches and extentions. I'm going to be a month sorting and consolidation my stock now. I picked up 28 multi compartment trays about 18 x 10 x 2, that were stuffed with neet stuff like Robart ball link horns, hinges etc and another that was full of JR servo extentions, Y's, reversing Y's and servos.Enough nuts and bolts to start a hobby shop.

Don