Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which Servos, & Battery??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 11:36 AM
gxc11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Servos, & Battery??

I'm looking into a few new planes that want at least 100 oz./in. of torque for the control surfaces. Thus I will be running 5 high torque servoes, and one normal servo for throttle.

I will be using a JR R700 receiver.

My question is, which servos should I get, and what capacity battery? I'm don't need to stay with JR equipment, as long as it all works with my rx! Maybe even dual redudent batterys?

Thanks!

Gerry
Old 06-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Lynx

That's a LOT of torque? Why? Too expensive, too slow, too much current.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Lynx

Might want to do a quick and dirty Speed/torque check when you're comparing servo's. Just take the oz/in and divide by transit time. Bigger numbers means more relative power. Tower Hobbies magazine's servo pages have just about every brand and style of servo all laid out with the numbers nice and easily accessible. Sit down for a bit with a calculator and a piece of paper and run numbers until you find a small handful that will be adequate, and then do a search in the forums here for those few servo's and how people like em.
Keep in mind when you're constructing the linkages to the control surfaces by using different control horns and rod lengths you can increase or decrease the torque/speed seen at the control surface (I think they call it leverage =>)