Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Model transfer from Futaba 9ZAP to 14MZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Pelizzone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model transfer from Futaba 9ZAP to 14MZ

Does anyone know "conversion rules" when transfering a model from the Futaba 9ZAP to the newest Futaba 14MZ ?

Of course both tranmitters have for eaxample different resolutions (1024 for 9ZAP, 2048 for 14MZ) and
have different maximum settings for ATVand AFR ranges (0-140% for 9ZAP, 0-155% for 14MZ).
However, if one knows the numerical values of allsettingson the 9ZAPsystem,it should be a matter of simple scaling factors and it should be possible to compute the corresponding correct values for the 14MZ.

Being able to do this (even if it needs some serious checking at the first attempts) would allowto avoid re-programming from scratch each single plane.

Thank you all for your help !

Marco.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Model transfer from Futaba 9ZAP to 14MZ

Without knowing a 'conversion factor', I would suggest starting this way. Measure the throws on a control such as aileron. Copy the numerical values for ATV, AFR, etc from your 9Z and input them into the 14MZ. Then using the 14MZ for control, measure the throws you get on that same function. This should give you a conversion base to work from tho I suspect you will find the direct copying of the values without modification will get you pretty close to the same throws in the 14MZ.

That is how I moved from my 9Z to the 14MZ several years ago. If I remember correctly, it didn't require much adjustment to get the same throws tho you may find the 14MZ to be 'quicker' in servo response in the air. About 8-10% increase in expo cured that issue.

Woodie