Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 Dual Elevator

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Slats!
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 Dual Elevator

Himy setup has dual elevators and ailerons, I used Mike McConvilles info on www.rcaerobats.net, great site for help. I am new to the computer radio and need to confirm on some things.

-In the mixes what exactly does SW stand for. I have an idea but not 100%
-I imagine the offset is for servo centering in the mix? That is what I am using it for?
-The main question is In the set up I can trim (change the servo throw) on the airelons servos from the airelon servo channel and the Flap channel but for the elevator I cant.
-Do you have to trim (change the throw) on the left side elevator from the Mix that you use? Can you not set it off the slave channell (aux 2) and does it matter if they are not exactly perfect.

Thanks

Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Slats!

Default RE: DX7 Dual Elevator

th

Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Disarray

ORIGINAL: Slats!

Himy setup has dual elevators and ailerons, I used Mike McConvilles info on www.rcaerobats.net, great site for help. I am new to the computer radio and need to confirm on some things.

-In the mixes what exactly does SW stand for. I have an idea but not 100%
-I imagine the offset is for servo centering in the mix? That is what I am using it for?
-The main question is In the set up I can trim (change the servo throw) on the airelons servos from the airelon servo channel and the Flap channel but for the elevator I cant.
-Do you have to trim (change the throw) on the left side elevator from the Mix that you use? Can you not set it off the slave channell (aux 2) and does it matter if they are not exactly perfect.

Thanks

1.SW means switch: Will the mix be turned on and off by a switch of your choice or will it be "on" all the time.

2. Thats what Iuse offset for as well.

3. IIRC, you need to have your mixes in either slot 5 or 6 for the trim tab to work. Trims do not effect mixes on 1-4.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

You must use either Mix #5 or Mix #6..as your mix channel (The only ones that the trim works with)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Slats!

Thanks I have it in mix 6 so the trim on the TX works its when I am adjusting the servo throw (distance it moves) , Ihave to go into mix 6 to adjust the left side throw. Wondering why I cant go in and just adjust the throw values in AUX 2 instead of going into themix.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Yes, you can use the travel adjustment...sub trim....  Be sure that the mix is at 100%
Old 06-12-2009, 04:18 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did a DX7  elev mix (again).
 Do yourself a favor
 forget about  the sub trim until you have  made sure  that  :
 A both servos  have starting point for arms in same position
 B  both servos  actually travel identically  at  100%  ATV(default  setting)
 C hook up arms to  elevators 
 D adjust  ,mechanically  to cente both elevators
 E move both Up and note differences if any in throw 
 F do this for  Down also
  If one side  moves further each direction- LENGTHEN that  elevator horn a little  try again
G if throw  is more in one direction
 check  fore aft  of  hinge line position of  horn  adjust if  possible  bending or  shimming may be required
 STOP
 at this point  you should have  NO offsets or  differences in throws and both elevshould matcha at  any point
 This is  a basic setup which will  allow  further   MATCHEDthrow settings  and expo  as desired
 fiddling with offsets before this is proven will simply lead  to frustrations of  varying rates of  throw  etc..