Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Weatronics 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:40 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Weatronics 2.4

I spent yesterday in Stuttgart with Weatronics getting an in depth tutorial on the Micro and the larger DR. I have flown the Micro (itself a DUAL receiver) in my BobCat as "plug and play " unit with total success, not a single problem, totally rock solid. There will be a full article in the next RCJI in its plug and play form (no PC required).

Yesterday we went through the advanced features of this unit with the latest firmware loaded into the receivers and the latest software into my PC. The capabilities of the tiny Micro are just incredible, progammable warning levels downloded and recorded into the Tx (whose performance is also monitored and recorded)PLUS assignable channels PLUS totally programmable servos PLUS, coming soon, twin integral gyros all in a box no bigger than a JR 1221 and much cheaper to boot. This is an extraordinrily capable and advanced unit way, way, ahead of anything else on the market AND it was tested to over 100 deg C and still worked !

The transmitter module is unusual but this a function of its function, including two highly efficient antennae with a radiation pattern far better than the common single rod, one reason for the unit's exceptional range, and of course the unit has to receive as well as transmit. I am getting quite used to it now, its not a problem in any way and the green light on the unit gives a continuous indication of a solid RF link ( and a warning if you are getting near range limit, or your battery voltage has dropped to a preset level, or your receiver is getting hot !)

The bigger DR expands on these capabiliies even more with huge power handling ability plus GPS plus 3 gyros capable of normal, attitude hold or constant angular rate, (Wealock) plus even further programability and vastly enhanced software (and includes a 2.4 spectrum monitor, which immediately picked up the two channels the Spektrum unit was transmitting on during the tests yesterday. make set up even easier and more precise, (servo adjustment now has 4096 steps !!)There are 22 million set up possibilties(calculated by Alwin Mueller, the designer) inan idle moment !) The failsafe functions, channel and servo, are incredibly clever.

When I have had a chance to absorb and try out the info. I learned yesterday I will do in depth reporting for RCJI on these advanced functions which, I believe, place the new systems on a totally different level to anything currently available.

I have never been interested in "bling" but have always sought out the safest, most secure and reliable system for all of my models, jet or otherwise. I think I have found the nearest thing to the Holy Grail !

regards, David Gladwin.