Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Model Transfer

Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Model Transfer

Can I transfer a model from a 9303 to a 12x?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:58 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Model Transfer

NO
Can't transfer from a 10X to 12X also.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: IFlyEm35

Can I transfer a model from a 9303 to a 12x?

Thanks!
If the question is: "Can i transfer from model x to model Y via the cable?" then the answer is no. I'll go one further, the 8103 model had 2 variants, the analog trims and the digital trims. You could not transfer thru the cable between those either....

Now, there are a few work-arounds if you are willing. There is a software by the distributor of JR in England that is able to read and decode the JR programming and convert it to any other programming in the JR line. From there you can load it to the specific model you like. I can't recall the software name or the name of the company in England sorry.

Another work-around is to manually copy all the programming from one radio to the other. I have done that from a 10X to an 8103 then from the 8103 to a 9303 and fianlly from a 9303 to a DX7. You have to do a pre-flight and a final trim but the numbers will get you really close to your target.

Rafael
Old 07-01-2009, 11:22 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

The program is DataXchange. It was available through MacGregors and a few other places in Great Britain. The company that made the software appears to no longer be in business but it is possible that the product is still available. It worked very well and I prefer it to DataSafe.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: GBR2

The program is DataXchange. It was available through MacGregors and a few other places in Great Britain. The company that made the software appears to no longer be in business but it is possible that the product is still available. It worked very well and I prefer it to DataSafe.
That's it. Thanks

Rafael
Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM
slarty

DataXchange will not work with the new 12X system as it hasn't been updated. I am not sure if there are plans to do so.