Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX/RV COMBO'S

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:15 PM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX/RV COMBO'S

I am very curious to know what the best transmitter/reciever combination is that I could buy for multiple A/C use. In other words, which transmitter can Ibuy that will allow me to buy multiple recievers for multile A/C? I sould not ever need over 6 channels as I hope to start building a retract A/C next year sometime. But prior to that Iwill not be using more than 4 channels. I currently own a Tower 4 Ch 72mhz FM tx/rv for my GP PT-60. Any suggestions guys?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: TX/RV COMBO'S

ORIGINAL: stevenmax50

..... I sould not ever need over 6 channels as I hope to start building a retract A/C next year sometime. But prior to that I will not be using more than 4 channels.

You would be surprised how quickly you can go thru channel slots in receivers.... I would never say "sould not ever need over 6 channels". I started with 6 channels, then went to 8, and now have a 9 channel radio. There are a few projects on my hobby table that will use up all of the 9 channels available on my current radio.

Another point of discussion is the features included in the radios. The radios with more channels, also carry the most features. While talking airplanes this might not make too mcuh sense, but go into the heli menus and you will see what I'm talking about. If you are a 3D flier, you will get to use some of those features.

Bottom line? Buy as much radio as you can afford, and try not to short change yourself there. Also, do not limit yourself to number of channels but look at the overall features of the radio. If you ever intend to give helis a try, I recommend you buy a heli radio. Most of them come loaded with both, airplane and heli software.

Rafael
Old 06-30-2009, 08:20 PM
redfox435cat

Most people don't buy high channel number radios for the channels, they buy them for the programming functions. If your going to buy a new radio then get a 2.4 Ghz system, 72 mhz band is drifting away. Any computer radio you get is going to have multiple plane memory so it's basically choose the programming options and for the price you can afford. I have a 9C and use all the channels on my gliders.

When you get in to bigger models you find the use for many channels. Duel elevator would require 2 channels. flaperons require 2 channels. If ya get into gliders the crow function requires 4-6 channels depending on the size and complexity of the model. then there is retracts, smoke and bomb drops.

Thing you may not of thought of since you haven't encountered them yet

Duel elevator mix

flapperon mix

elevon mix

expo. it make your sticks non linear, great for semi 3d models.

I'd recommend the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSEJ8&P=0]2.4 ghz 7C[/link] it has quit a bit of programming. 10 model memory so you can control 10 different planes, and with the 2.4 ghz you'll never worry about being shot down.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:25 PM
stevenmax50

Good thoughts Red....things i admit I hadnt considered.  My passion is warbirds.  Im not considering helos or gliders.  Could you recommend a brand?  Or are all the 7c 2.4 ghz pretty close in quality/price? 
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM
stevenmax50

Good thoughts Red....things i admit I hadnt considered.  My passion is warbirds.  Im not considering helos or gliders.  Could you recommend a brand?  Or are all the 7c 2.4 ghz pretty close in quality/price? 
Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM
redfox435cat

that link is to the mode 2 air default radio. The 7c is a futaba model number. The radio is the same. the cheaper version just doesn't come with servos

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSEJ8&P=0]futaba 7C[/link]
Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
victorzamora

Warbirds can quickly outpace a 6-channel radio. That 7C should be fine. 2-flaps, 2-ailerons, 1-throttle, 1-rudder, 1-elevator. That's seven. And that's not considering the options for one servo per elevator half, retracts, bomb bay, smoke, multiple engines, etc. You'd be surprised how quickly channels really do start running out.

FWIW, if you ever run 2 flaps, 2 ailerons, throttle, rudder, elevator, and retracts (8) you can put your flaps on a reversing Y-Harness and be good to go.