Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Should I be worried??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 05:06 PM
rockmon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be worried??

Ok I was making changes on my hurricane it was late and when I hung my trans up for the night I pushed the antenna in but forgot to turn the trans off, I not only did this once but twice should I be worried? I have not noticed any problems but seems like I read some place that this can sneak up on you and it's always on my mind when I'm flying and lord knows I don't need much to boggle my mind so should I just send it in and have it checked or since there have been no problems should I just forget about it? From now on if I even take it out of my case I'm pulling the antenna out man I can't believe I did this not once but twice. What do you think??
Old 06-23-2003, 05:45 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it works, you don't have a problem. Forget about it. If it was going to break it, you would know it already.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Tiger
My Feedback: (7)

If it's a Futaba, you may have weak'nd the RF transistor. Futaba recommends that range checks should be done with one section of antenna up to prevent this problem. The risk is that it could fail sooner than later now, however, when that could be is impossible to tell. You may have done damage, you may have none. Depending on the planes you fly, you might want it checked out, especially if your range check has diminished at all.

Good luck.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:10 PM
rockmon

Yes it's a Futaba and no there has not been a problem with the range checks and I have been flying quite a bit since I did it the last time. Flyboy you said I would have known it by now does the module go out pretty quick after doing this or does it sneak up on you after a while? Tiger I don't want any of my planes going down it's not just the planes I could take someone out and that would be the worst thing that could happen, I think I'll just send it in, thanks guys.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have heard people say that the frequency module will get warm if you leave a 9C on with the antennae down. I tried it for 15 minutes and the module didn't get warm at all.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Lynx

Just the RF transistor is what's getting warm. Without an antenna or one that's still lowered no RF power is being emitted it's all being turned into heat, this kill the RF power amplifier pretty quickly if you're not careful. They SHOULD be short circuit protected but there's no telling.