Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Horizon service / support

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:19 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Horizon service / support

Having recently had the occasion to use the Horizon / Spektrum service, I thought I'd share my experience.

I've heard the horror stories about delays, etc, and contacted Horizon before I sent anything in. I was told the average turnaround time for evaluation / repairs was 20 working days. I figured I could live with that, sent in two receivers - one for an intermittent issue, one just to get the quick connect firmware upgrade.

true to their word, the parts were on their way back to me after about 19 working days. Got the package, and found the one receiver that had been intermittent had been replaced, but the other wasn't in the box.

I called Horizon, got through to someone fairly quickly, and discussed things with them. The intermittent RX was shipped to them in it's original plastic box, but the AR7000 was part of a DX7 radio originally, so no package for it. I had wrapped it in bubble wrap carefully, then packed both into a box with more bubble wrap for padding. Turns out the baby must have gone out with the bathwater when they first unpacked the box!

I had a pleasant conversation with a guy in their service department, can't recall a name unfortunately. He was quite helpful, tracked down the original check in list and saw only the one RX. Simply based on what I was telling them about the packing, they've replaced the missing unit with a new one, should be on it's way to me today.

I'm pretty happy with that - the service didn't take any longer than I was told originally before I sent it in, and in the event of an issue, they were quick, courteous, and solved the problem for me with a great result.

I'd call that pretty good service.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon service / support

I would call that excellent service and it's good to hear someone sharing a good experience. We usually only hear about the few bad experiences.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 PM
richg99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best service place I've dealt with in many years, in spite of the backlog due to Time of the Year and the DX6i mess on pots. Rich
Old 07-22-2009, 05:33 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to keep in mind, you always hear about the bad, there is always alot more good out there you never hear of for everything.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I recentlysent in my X9303 for repair and FIVE of my receivers for firmware updates. Got everything back in 20-some-odd days.
NO CHARGE!!!

Super Service!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Hey Guys, Get THIS!...I sent in a DX6i TX only to have the throttle/cut button repaired (no/workie)....What do I get back?, A brand new Tx AND RX/Charger/Switch-Harness....No/Charge....They made a believer out of me!....This was way beyond the call of duty!...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
ddierking
My Feedback: (82)

I've had nothing but good luck with horizons customer service. I just sent in a AR6200 receiver to get an antenna wire replaced. I will let everyone know how it turns out.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 AM
ddierking
My Feedback: (82)

Horizon Hobby ROCKS! They replaced my AR6200 receiver with a brand new one.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 AM
grizzly59

ORIGINAL: ddierking

Horizon Hobby ROCKS!
I have always found that to be true. Just received a new Spektrum 9000 receiver, extra satelite and flight logger after sending in a set up that had a glitch. Took less than the 20 days usual turn around time.