Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need good 4 channel Radio

Old 06-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Rookie Rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need good 4 channel Radio

After a bit a research I am going to start with the Slow Stick. Now that I have decided on the plane, I need a radio. I want one that I can use long into the future (would like to eventually get into Glow planes).
Do the radios usually come with recievers and servos?
Could anyone out there with a slow stick make a recomendation based on your own set up (What do I need to buy for 10min fly time, increased prop power, Radio, servos, reciever, batt pack)?
Thank you for your input, I just want to do it right the first time.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:47 PM
Crashem

Rookie Rob,

GWS makes a flight pack that includes servos batt and rx for the slow stick. Just need crystal

As far as batts go look on ezone.com they had a thread detailing the best batteries for the slow stick

Best radio? No such thing.

Anyone of the following are fine

Airtronics
JR
Futaba
Hitec

Pick the one with the most features in your price range and go fly

BTW when buying a flight pack from GWS you need to specificy either JR/Airtronics or Futaba/Hitec in order to get a rx with the correct shift
Old 06-26-2003, 08:25 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want a radio for the future, don't go too cheap and go at least 6 ch. If you want cheap and later you can get more, look at a used Futaba 4FG on the for sale board or ebay and get the above GWS flight pack for it. It will work on your small plane and a lot of good trainers and advanced, then you can get a better model later when you need to move up. Just another way to look at it.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:54 AM
ec121k

I agree with Flyboy and still use a 7FGK for some electric flying. There is one potential problem with them. Some on the net for sale have been lying around and not used in years. Some may not be "narrow band" which means they are not legal unless they are modified to todays standards.

Keep one thing in mind. If you are really hooked on this hobby, consider buying a computer radio. That way you will have the ability to store several model "setups" in your transmitter and will not have to buy several transmitters or spend a lot of time resetting controls for different models. It's probably a good idea to consider at least 5 or 6 channels and I recommend at least 7 if the budget permits. You will find the need for them in the near future as your models get more complex.

Find a local club and ask questions and listen to the experienced members. It will save you money and time and keep you from making some mistakes.