Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help choosing a radio!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:28 AM
cowana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing a radio!

Hi all.

I need a radio for my boats and cars - preferably a pistol grip one. I've upgraded my system to lipos, and found I can't handle the power. I am suffering from glitches every now and then, wheelies whenever I touch the throttle (on the current 27MHz basic radio). I want a nice radio to control everything.

I've done some looking around, and I am really stuck between:
Hitec aggressor CRX (40MHz)
Acoms AP2400 (2.4GHz)
Spektrum DX3S (2.4GHz) - I've heard range is poor?
Futaba 3PM (2.4GHz) - same price as the DX3S, but doesn't look as nice, small screen etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any of these radios? My current favorite is the DX3S.

It is only for backyard bashing - I've never had a freqency clash before, and don't race.

I want to get the Spektrum DX3s (esp with the telemetry!), although I am slightly nervous about the range of it. I think that 150 yards is enough for me. Does anyone have any advice/thoughts?

Thanks for any comments

Andrew
Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 AM
adavis

Default RE: Help choosing a radio!

One thing to take into account: In the UK it is not legal to use 40MHz for planes. If you want a radio for both boats and planes probably 2.4GHz would be best.

Regards,
=Adrian=
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 AM
cowana

Default RE: Help choosing a radio!

Adrian

That was a typo

I meant boats and cars - I have a 2.4GHz 6EXA for my planes. Thanks for pointing out about the legal side, though. It's true that that is another advantage of 2.4GHz.

Andrew