Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

infinity 660 airtronics NO Rudder TRIM

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 AM
pancake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default infinity 660 airtronics NO Rudder TRIM

I got a problem with my infinity 660 airtronics . i have NO Rudder trim when i slide the trim lever back and forth. the rudder moves just fine with the stick but there is no movement on the trim lever/switch for fine tuning. any ideas on what to check. is it possible to turn off the trim lever/switch with programming somehow, accidentally? thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM
fiery

Default RE: infinity 660 airtronics NO Rudder TRIM

Sent it to Airtronics (Global) for inspection and service ...
Old 08-21-2009, 12:59 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Global has stopped servicing some of the older radios. I would suggest a call before sending it.
There are two types of trim levers in use. One is mechanically coupled to the main stick control pot and moves the pot. Another method uses a separate pot, operated by the trim lever. I don't remember which type the Infinity transmitters use, my best guess is the second type.
In that case, failure of the trim function is probably one of two things - a wire has come loose on the trim pot, or the pot itself is bad. Anybody with a little electronic knowledge can check it out for you.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:40 AM
pancake

thks i check inside for any thing obvious that might affect the rudder trim lever. i thought it might be something like the pot, does cleaning it help?

thks for the heads up on GLOBAL.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:49 AM
EloyM

If the Infinity gimbal assembly uses a single pot, the pot is not the problem. If it was bad the rudder control would not work at all. If you have separate pots for the trim, it is possible the pot itself is the problem. Cleaning it might help as they do get dirty inside and do not make positive contact, though there is usually some effect as it is moved. It is a long shot, but if the trim lever is loose on the pot shaft and does not actually turn it, the trim function would be inactive.
Find someone with an ohmeter, he will know how to check the pot.
Or bring it to Calfornia, I will find the problem for you. Eloy
Old 08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
pancake

got a meter and i believe it is a separate pot because the stick/rudder control moves just fine. what can you clean on the pot?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 AM
EloyM

Checking the pot! First - unplug the battery. The pot has 3 wires - unsolder the two on the end terminals. Check for resistance between the two outside terminals, should read 5000 ohms or close. Check for resistance between the center terminal and either end one. Now check resistance between the center and other outside terminal. The two resistances should add up to 5000 or close. If you don't have these readings, the pot is defective.
If you are getting a reading from center to another terminal, move the trim lever and watch for a change in the resistance. It will be small, as the pot shaft only moves a fraction of its rotation.
If no reading or change, the pot is defective. Or dirty! to clean it, you have to remove it, remove the cover, the inside will have a round element with a wiper that moves when the shaft is turned. Clean with alcohol.
Ship it to CA and I will check it for you!!!!!!!!!! Gud luck!