Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best system Fut 12FG, ATX SD10G, Hitec A9

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best system Fut 12FG, ATX SD10G, Hitec A9

It seems to me that these three systems, other than number of channels, are likely competitors. I own a JR 12X, and a JR 9303 and have read the manual for the Fut 10C and in my opinion two of those three radios will not compete feature wise with the Fut 12FG, ATX SD 10G or the new Hitec Aurora 9. I want a new radio, don't need one, just want to get one and try it. I narrowed the list to the three that I mentioned - Fut 12FG, ATX SD10G, and the Hitec Aurora 9 and I cannot come up with a single reason why one is the winner over the others all very good. I am leaning toward the Hitec A9 and would not consider a radio that cannot be updated via the internet. I don't care (and probably would not know) if the resolution is 1024 or 2048. I do realize that the A9 is not on the market just yet.

Also, "Best system" is subjective for example the feel of the radio in your hands makes a difference that is hard to quantify while the value of the A9 touch screen seems to be off the charts. These are three very good radios and if you would like to help me make up my mind it would be appreciated.

Howard
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best system Fut 12FG, ATX SD10G, Hitec A9

handle them all, close your eyes and imagine flying with them - pick the one that feels best in your hands. That's where it counts for me anyway.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure about the Futaba FG12. I think the T10 would be closer to the Sanwa 10ch and Hitec 9ch. You also could add the JR DSX9 (9303?).

If you like touch screens, the A9 might be yours. Otherwise, the three Japanese companies don´t make it easy to choose a favorite. But the Sd-10 seems to be the Subaru among the Japanese sets.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Guerra
My Feedback: (48)

I've had the Futaba 12FG since December. Outstanding product!! Have flown several models with this radio at several fields, and have had no issues. Have already updated the software from Futaba's website. I've owned and operated Airtronics, JR, and others. The 12FG is by far the best radio I've owned. They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands....
Old 08-31-2009, 06:17 AM
br@m

ORIGINAL: Pippin

I am not sure about the Futaba FG12. I think the T10 would be closer to the Sanwa 10ch and Hitec 9ch. You also could add the JR DSX9 (9303?).
The only features that bring the T10 close to the Aurora and the SD-10G are (i) the fact that it has 10 channels and (ii) the price tag. But even there Hi-tec and Airtronics beat Futaba because the T10 has actually only 8 truly proportional channels, the other 2 are switch channels (on-off only). So the T10 is in fact an 8+2 channel Tx.

The SD-10G and the Aurora are far (IMHO) superior to the T10 when it comes to programming / software capabilities. As far as programming is concerned, the comparison with the T12FG is fully justified IMHO.

The T12FG is a very good Tx. I've held one in my hands and the feel is superb. Being a happy Futaba user - my current Tx is a T9Csuper - the T12FG would be my default choice for a next Tx.

On the other hand, the T12FG has two channels more, which I don't need and probably never will need, and it costs double (at least over here in the EU it costs a whopping 1000 Euro, which compares to about 1400 USD at the time of writing). With respect to programming the Aurora and the SD-10G seem just as sophisticated as the T12FG.

For me the in the end SD-10G seems to be the winner in terms of 'best bang for the buck'.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Alex7403

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two things that bother me in hitec A9, one is the module cable in the back and second is its the touch screen.
this cable is bothering me I want to believe its only for the module and not if you use the Tx without the module.
if i'm not wrong this touch screen is the first time touch screen is used for this application, means my radios are very dirty with oil while in use weather i like it or not im just not sure how its gonna function over time.
I'm debating between the futaba 8FG and the aurora 9 and i really want the aurora.
The airtronics looks too much cheap plastic, i like my radios black.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 PM
tadawson

Say what? The JR 10X, 12X, and IIRC, Futaba 14MZ and maybe 12MZ have all used touch screens . . . Touch screens in RC gear are old had, and mature. If anything, less prone to issues, since dirt can't get past them, unlike with the holes needed for switches . . .

- Tim

ORIGINAL: Alex7403

There are two things that bother me in hitec A9, one is the module cable in the back and second is its the touch screen.
this cable is bothering me I want to believe its only for the module and not if you use the Tx without the module.
if i'm not wrong this touch screen is the first time touch screen is used for this application, means my radios are very dirty with oil while in use weather i like it or not im just not sure how its gonna function over time.
I'm debating between the futaba 8FG and the aurora 9 and i really want the aurora.
The airtronics looks too much cheap plastic, i like my radios black.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
pilotpete2

As a retired field technician with a major computer company, I hate to tell you the aggravations I've been through with touchscreens and their controllers, let's calibrate one mo' time. Once out of warranty, they could be expensive to repair.
Pete