Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6ex 2.4G Flap Switch

Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Scota4570

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6ex 2.4G Flap Switch

I don't like the all or nothing flap switch. Can I substitute a pot for the switch? If this were an older radio it would not be a problem. Physically I can do the job, I build radio recievers for fun. Is there anything about the computerized aspects of this modern radio that throws a wrench in the plan? 10K pot?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6ex 2.4G Flap Switch

You cannot install a pot in lieu of a switch to activate an aux channel. The electronic design prohibits it. Only two states are used: On or Off, which tells the processor which position the servo should move to.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Scota4570

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6ex 2.4G Flap Switch

Thanks BAX,

I see you are the Futaba guy. For what it's worth I would pay more, maybe $50 to get that feature. At very least a three position switch would be good. On my current model, a BIG BEE with a 56cc engine I am a little afraid to activate flaperons that eliminate all aileron controll above horiontal to the mean airfoil profile the wing. That is what it takes to get 30-degrees flap. I bought the radio when I was getting back into the hobby. I was not really sure what I wanted. I would bet a variant on the radio that had the flap pot would sell.

Scot