Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12fg issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12fg issues

I sent my tx and rx in for repair/check up. First off I have never used the rx that came with the tx. I have been saving it for my 33% edge. Now here is the issue. I cannot get the rx to recieve anything from the tx. I have tried selecting different channels and nothing happens. Before I sent it in I could not get it to hold a channel in memory resulting in selecting another channel each time to get it to respond. Now that I got it back from futaba it does nothing. They said that it held channel memory fine and checked out perfect. What could I be missing here? I have 2 other synthesized rx's from futaba with no issues what so ever. This one is the R5114 dps I sure wish I could get it working properly. I want to maiden this plane and have wanted to all summer but have been plagued with rx issues with this rx. They offer a 1 year warranty which was up before I even installed it. Any ideas?

Kevin
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: 12fg issues

Changing frequency on the G3 receivers can be onerous on occasion.

Although the manual states to turn the receiver on before the frequency sending process begins in the transmitter, my 14 MZ won't work that way.

I drape the receiver antenna over the transmitter antenna, hold the receiver (mine are all 5014's) so I can see the tiny LED. Start the transmitter frequency sending process then turn the receiver on. The LED blinks once and if a servo is plugged into channel 1 it wiggles a tiny bit, almost imperceptable to see.

At lease this is how mine works. If you have a computer wireless access hub in your house, it may interefere so drape or wrap the antennas together so that signal is the strongest.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 12fg issues

Obvious things to do/check:

1) make sure you have entered the receiver ID number into the TX on the channel select screen where you select PCM/G3 mode.

2) Make sure TX battery is fully charged

3) Make sure you are away from all other RF sources the best you can

4) get the antennas very close or touching

5) Do not turn on the RX until you hear the second chime sound from the TX

Then turn both the RX and TX off and then turn them back on.