Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 and servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.4 and servo problem

Ok Guys need some help or suggestions

Due to a modual failure in my Futaba 8U switched tp the TM-8 2.4 and using the 8 chnl reciver R608fs in a war birb, Hear is the set up Hitec 645MG's on elevators and flaps, Futaba 3010 on ailerons, rudder, 3001 on tailwheel and throtle. Bat is a 2400ma Nimh 1/2 C size 5cell

Hear's the problem all chnl's 1 thru 5 rock solid, chnl 6 flaps goes crasey locks one side to extreme end point and outher side is flopping back and forth, servos and wiring are brand new, wiring is heavy duty and all connections are poshed tight and then a heat shrink sleeve over so they cant viberate apart

I have build up a seperate pair of 645's a Y harnes and extensions, pluged them in and they are rock solid, t/t Futaba there comment was use all futaba servos and I would not have a problem, called tony at Hiteck he said he has never heard of the problem but would like to have the servos to check out ,so they will go with a note. But don't know if I should trust the Hitech's I have as I shure don't want this problem to show up in the air.

So I need your thoughts and suggestions

Bob T
Old 09-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Campgems

Default RE: 2.4 and servo problem

Do some research on the low signal voltage on some of the new 2.4 futaba receivers. I thought the problem was just the 6014, Chan 123 are full voltage and 4 on up are at a reduced voltage. Some smoke and servos need the full 3.5V or what ever the actual voltage is vs the 3.1V again this may not be the actual voltage. This may have nothing to do with your problem, but it is worth investigating. I would plug the aileron servos into the flap extentions and see what goes there. That should eliminate or conform a servo issue. If you were to disconnect the linkage to the flaps you could drive them with the aileron leads to futher isolate the problem.

Are both flap servos on the same channel, through a splitter? Are you using a reversing splitter, or a match box on that channel? Is it possible that you are using a standard Y harness and the one servo is bottoming because the mechanics won't let it move in one direction? Last, I would pull the y harness out and try the servos on the one you know is good. My guess is that you are binding mechanicaly and the resultant current draw on the servo port is causing the other servo on the Y to chatter.

Don
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
rt3232

Don

I am using a Y harness but it is hevy duty wire also the extensions and they both are on chnl 6 , All of the wire in this bird is brand new, will try the ailerons in #6

Like I said I have put a pair of 645's together with a like Y harness and extension and just set them on the bird and they are rock solid. have run out if time for now but will check back as sone as I can do some more with your sugestions.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Bob T
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Campgems

Bob, are the flap servos off set, so both horns are on the right, or both on the left? Seems that you would need a reversing Y if they are mounted symetrical. Kind of like twin elevator servos.

Keep us informed on what you find. It's an interesting bug.

Don
Old 09-05-2009, 04:32 PM
rt3232

Don

All systems were great and working prior to the 72 mghs module going bad in my xmitter the only change in the bird was the reciver, and as stated above only chnl 6 is acting goofy, and now have some teast to do but ran out of time (we have family from out of town) so will not get back till next w/e

Bob T
Old 09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
rt3232

Ok family went to the fair to day, and I got to stay home as my bum knees would not take it.

So after doing a coupla of honey-do's went into the shop and started isolating parts in the flap system. and the last thing I was checking was a ailerons reverser and found it would make any servo hooked up to it chatter, so made miner mod to 1 servo placement and all is now solid as a rock.
still have to do some range testing but I am sure i got it fixed .

Cheers Bob T