Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 2.4 ghz Reciever Offerings

Old 09-05-2009, 12:15 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 2.4 ghz Reciever Offerings

I am beginning to wonder if Futaba is going to offer any reasonably priced 4 to 6 channel receivers in 2.4ghz.
Unless you buy a park flier receiver..........you have to spend 100+ bucks per receiver.
I haven't seen a long range 4 to 6 channel receiver at all.
Its a rip off that I have to buy a 8 channel receiver when I only need 3 or 4 channel.
Futaba's pricing and reluctance to offer a good 6 or 7 channel receivers at a decent price may be the deciding factor to move to Airtronics.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:27 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Futaba 2.4 ghz Reciever Offerings

well it depends... there is not market for 4-6 rx in all brands, im not saying that you are wrong...just need to think that most of the people use 6+ channels on must of the radios. Brands needs to justify the investment..business is business.

I have seen tons of people selling the airtronics and getting Futaba.... Airtronics has really great price and sometimes offers 2 rx on their radios, but def. programs are where Futaba is the BEST. I did have Airtronics, then a 7C and now a 10CG wow what a difference.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain Zero, I just got the 10C and wish the smaller full range rx's existed but it is what it is. The 6 channels can be had for a decent price and are s till small enough for my edf jets. Sure a smaller one and full range would be ideal but I think after some time they will eventually offer them
Old 09-05-2009, 11:52 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

With the way that Futaba 2.4 works..is it plausible, or legal for third party companies to make a reciever that WORKS with the Futaba transmitters? Or have they positioned themselves in a way that nobody can legal reverse design a reciever for just that reason.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Silent-AV8R

Futaba, JR/Spektrum, Airtronics, Hitec, and every other 2.4 GHz spread spectrum radio all use proprietary circuitry that essentially makes it impossible for another vendor to copy. Much like each vendor had its own PCM method. Beyond that, many have patents on their design making it even more difficult to use their exact scheme.