Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Congzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Install

I recently installed a new servo in my SC10. It fit fine and I thought all was well until I realized it turns further right than left. Is there a particular way to get it centered?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Druss

Default RE: Servo Install

There are a few ways.

1. You should always do it mechanically as much as possible, that means that you have power to the servo before putting the arm on.
2. Always use subtrim instead of trim when possible as sub trim does not move the entire arc of travel, just where the center is.
3. Use the end point function on the radio (if you have it available)
4. Use a servo programmer

Some of the above can only be accomplished on a computer radio.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Congzilla

My radio is the Fatuba 3pm 2.4ghs Fasst.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Congzilla I recently installed a new servo in my SC10. It fit fine and I thought all was well until I realized it turns further right than left. Is there a particular way to get it centered?
When installing any servo, connect to RX or a servo driver, power up and center all trims and only then add the servo horn set at 90 degrees to the case so as to get equal throw in both directions. Otherwise, builder unwittingly may build in unwanted differential. This also prevents damage which may occur if servo has been moved by hand before installation, and servo then attempts to drivesurfaces beyond limits when system finally powered up.
Servo Installations. Numerous examples/methods to fit servos into fuselages and wings.
Differential - Mechanical set-up - Correct Dutch roll and Drag. may also assist.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links