Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C Trainer Cord Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 12:56 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 9C Trainer Cord Setup?

I have two 9C radios I just got a trainer cord for. I thought, that because these are computer radios all you would have to do is connect the trainer cord and ALL the settings would transfer to the buddy transmitter.

From what I observed and read yesterday it appears that is not true. Do I have to duplicate all the mixes, servo directions, etc on the buddy radio manually or am I missing something?

I actually copied all the settings on to a memory chip and installed them in the buddy radio, but it still is not working like the master radio. It appears I got to go into the buddy radio and set everything all over again.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Jim C.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe that you have to set one up as a master and the other has to be slave .. but dont hold me to that one.. and yes the settings have to be identical. and for the slave to control the model, you have to assign a switch to be the controling factor in enabling you to control which radio is doing what... ie.. trainer switch.. any empty switch will do but i would perfer switch "F" to be the switch due to most switches are on that side of the tx
Old 06-29-2003, 03:54 PM
splais

I got the trainer switch all right that is not my problem. It is the switch settings on the "slave" unit. It apears that the mixes in the "master" are not showing up in the 'slave" so things like my dual elevator servos are not working correctly in the "slave". The manual is not clear on this.

The thing that has me messed up is that I have the settings transferred to slave. when I sellect that plane on the slave, it is still not correct when I activate the trainer switch.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:21 PM
olivier

Hi,

There are 3 different settings that can be made on a 9C when used as master.
For each channel you can choose following serttings :
1) setting "function" : the master is taking control of all the mixings and ATV etc.. of the slave transmitter, the slave transmitter does NOT need any mixings, only the servo direction (reverse or normal) must be in the right setting)
Great setting, cause the slave transmitter can be any simple 4 channel radio, even for heli or V-tail or whatever "complex" plane.
2) setting "norm" : the slave transmitter must on his own be able to control the plane/heli, the master takes the mixed signals "as is".
3) setting "off" : no control from slave on that specific channel

The trainer-function must be activated (act) when it will be used or inhibited (inh) when not used.
I know it works well, cause I tried it with a friend with a 9C.
And I just checked the manual, it's very clearly explained.
Olivier
Old 06-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Go to the trainer function and set each channel for function and not normal or off and you should not have any problems.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:02 AM
splais

I have done that! Set everything to "func" and the slave unit is still not responding correctly. I have followed all the instructions in manual, check all servo directions, etc. Just to help you out here. I'm not new to trainer cords or the 9C. Have been flying them for about 2 years. this is just the first time I tried a trainer cord on them. This really has me baffled?