Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with a receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:25 PM
AncientCityFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with a receiver?

Need some help here. I'm new to Gassers and I have a SIG Sun Dancer. It requires 4 aileron servo's, all high torque. I'm using Hightec 645 Metal Gear servo's rated at 133.31 oz-in torque at 6.0V. I'm planning on using a R617FS receiver in the Sun Dancer. I'm concerned about the amp load to the receiver regarding 4 servo's plugged into one receiver port via a double "Y" harness connection. I have not been able to find specs on the power consumption of the servo's, but I'm guessing it would be about a total of 1 to 1-1/2 amps loaded power. Will the 617 handle that amperage or will I need to go to a power box or power expander? I have channel 5 dedicated to my Opti-kill switch for engine cut-off, leaving channel 6 free. Could I use channel 6 and mix in 2 aileron servo's on that channel and use channel 1 for the other 2 aileron servo's and not overload the receiver? Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks......Mike
Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with a receiver?

Mixing two channels for aileron control and four servos is the preferred solution and typical of most GS birds. You'll have to discuss the limits of the Futaba RX with those in the know at Futaba, I suspect its all good. Be sure and utilize quality heavy duty servo extensions and or power distrubution components for best results.