Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Chidgey Single Stick Gimbal

Old 09-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Aurora_60
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chidgey Single Stick Gimbal

I'm looking for a Ron Chidgey Single stick Gimbal like the ones in the Futaba 8SSP transmitters or a Proline or Kraft Signature Series.
If anyone has one of these that is dead or just dont use anymore, please post. I'm trying to put my radio together.

DM

Old 09-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Aurora_60

Default RE: Chidgey Single Stick Gimbal

Come to think of it, if you have ANY single stick gimbals, even the cheaper ones. please let me know. I really need one.

DM

Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Lazer
My Feedback: (27)

I have one of the 7 channel Pro-Line metal gimbal single stick versions with the slow roll micro switch on the throttle side. I also have a complete never used 1972 version receiver with linear and rotary servos along with the original RX that came with the TX. I can't believe even today that I paid almost $500 for the system new back in 1971, not counting the new 72 version I bought later the next year . Man that was a lot of money back then. Come to think of it that's a lot of money today. Now after all that it would next to impossible for me to part with it. I hope to in the near future to convert it to narrow band (if possible) and change the frequency to an airborne one and not the ground one that's in it now, (the frequency was only air at one time). If interested I do have a buddy of mine that has the exact system. I think for the right price he would let it go. Let me know.
[8D]
Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Lazer

I have one of the 7 channel Pro-Line metal gimbal single stick versions with the slow roll micro switch on the throttle side. I also have a complete never used 1972 version receiver with linear and rotary servos along with the original RX that came with the TX. I can't believe even today that I paid almost $500 for the system new back in 1971, not counting the new 72 version I bought later the next year . Man that was a lot of money back then. Come to think of it that's a lot of money today. Now after all that it would next to impossible for me to part with it. I hope to in the near future to convert it to narrow band (if possible) and change the frequency to an airborne one and not the ground one that's in it now, (the frequency was only air at one time). If interested I do have a buddy of mine that has the exact system. I think for the right price he would let it go. Let me know.
[8D]
I would think you would want to convert that system to 2.4GHZ. Its really an easy mod for someone like Radio South. You would need to get new receivers but those old receivers, while great in their day, can't compare to the current ones. They are wide band and single conversion units employing amplitude modulation.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Aurora_60

I was thinking the same thing Dirty Bird.
I'm tearing into a JR SS that I would like to convert to computer and Futaba FASST.

Lazer,
can your friend send any pics??

DM
Old 09-13-2009, 10:49 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://web.archive.org/web/200406240...s.com/id30.htm
That is a web archive but you might be able to get in touch.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Aurora_60

Thanks TFF!
We've (Me and a friend of mine) have sent a few emails that way with no response [&o]
I'm hoping someone has, knows of, or knows where I can purchase one.
Its almost too bad that they are built so damn good. Once you buy one, thats it, and I think I'm a little late in the game since it doesnt look like I'll have a chance for a new part.

Isn't it pretty though!!

DM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57541.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1274374  
Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
crashprofector

I have the drawing for the gimbel and have made one very nice but a lot of work

Thanks Mike
Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
philprc

Do you still have drawing for metal single stick?  If so what will it take to get a copy?  Philip Cameron
Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 PM
philprc

[Can I get a copy of drawings for single stick gimbalQUOTE=crashprofector;9273049]I have the drawing for the gimbel and have made one very nice but a lot of work

Thanks Mike[/QUOTE]