Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hitec 2.4Ghz Module/RX combo arrival

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Yes, we have Canadian (IC) approval on all our 2.4Ghz.

The 9Z is unique I believe and uses a different size module, so it would not work with our system.

Hitec and Futaba antennas are similar sized and threaded. The antenna included with our module will screw right in a 9C.

So, the radios our system would work with are: Hitec Prism 7x (not origional 7), Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Futaba 9C and 8U.

Mike.
    Hi Mike,
    The Hitec 2.4 module will work with the origional Hitec Prism 7. See my post at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8716598/tm.htm
    post # 16. It requires a simple modification to the transmitter. No soldering required. It took me a while to figure out what was going on but now it works just fine. In fact, it will work with many old transmitters if you can fit it in the case or tape it on the back. It will work just like an ASSAN or Corona brand module.
    I know this is in response to an old post but I am old so humor me.
    Regards.
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Mike,

I have been watching this forum since long and i have already ordered a Hitec module with 2 6Ch optma 2.4GHz and now i am eager waiting waiting for it.

Through out the posts, i see no body asked you about the effective flying range. can you please tell us how far can we go with this system ??

Thanks

Hemal, INDIA.
    Flying in Rain !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lunarhemal Hello Mike, I have been watching this forum since long and i have already ordered a Hitec module with 2 6Ch optma 2.4GHz and now i am eager waiting waiting for it. Through out the posts, i see no body asked you about the effective flying range. can you please tell us how far can we go with this system ?? Thanks Hemal, INDIA.
    The effective flying range has been previously listed as "full range".
    "Optima 6/7 is capable of flying anything from indoor to giant scale"
    i.e. being as good as or better than any existing Hitec systems.
    A definite distance can never be quoted for any brand/system because so much depends uponinstallation and local conditions from day to day. However, the newHitec 2.4ghz system does provide a good range of telemetry includingthe Basic Telemetry Function :
    RX Low Battery Warning and Range-Out Warning
    see also
    "Played with the sensor station demo for the show... It's really cool. There's a "cockpit" mode that shows you Alt, Speed, Fuel, 4 Temps, and 2 RPM's. You can also view the data on a laptop when plugged though the HPP-22 into the module, so even the guys that don't have the Aurora can utilize the telemetry too! There's also a Google Earth interface that will show your models path."
    There's also a Google Earth interface that will show your models path. Mike"
    and
    Extensive user review - post #184 today

Regards
    Alan T.
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

R/C hobby consultant for various companies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitro-pilot< snip >
    Suspect you posted an incorrect link. That postedis totally irrelevant to the topic and quoted postand is alsoof a product that is simply to far behind the times and overpriced in comparison to the subject of this threads topic.
    regards
    Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How's everyone else in New Zealand? Reasonable and friendly?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am converting a couple of my planes by adding the Hitec 2.4 Optima 7 receiver. Can anyone help me with the "preferred" mounting procedure for these 2.4 receivers. Should it be wrapped in foam, or just velcro'd in so that it can get air around it.

Dale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bookmaker I am converting a couple of my planes by adding the Hitec 2.4 Optima 7 receiver. Can anyone help me with the "preferred" mounting procedure for these 2.4 receivers. Should it be wrapped in foam, or just velcro'd in so that it can get air around it.
    Dale
    Hitec provide a flight preserver with the Aurora and all other systems above the 2ch.
    Recommend receiversbewrapped with anti vibrationrubber (ex wet suits, latex etc).
    In a large GP fuse or EP can be mounted as shown:
    Optima RX - Installation RX, BODA Antenna & Range Test Results.

much more information=Aurora 9 Mixes, Setups, Tips, Undocumented Features. {frequently updated}

Regards
    Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Alan, that is what I wanted to know. It seems to go both ways, but I already mounted it wrapped in a foam wrapper that came with an older Hitec receiver.

I note you suggest mounting the antenna vertical, but Mike's video shows it horizontal. Is there really a difference as long as you keep it away from batteries, wires, metal, etc?

This is being mounted in a 1/5 scale SPAD XIII with OS 91 engine.

Dale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bookmaker Thanks Alan, that is what I wanted to know. It seems to go both ways, but I already mounted it wrapped in a foam wrapper that came with an older Hitec receiver. I note you suggest mounting the antenna vertical, but Mike's video shows it horizontal. Is there really a difference as long as you keep it away from batteries, wires, metal, etc? This is being mounted in a 1/5 scale SPAD XIII with OS 91 engine. Dale
    A verticle mounting gives best overall radiation/reception in relation to signal spread of a 2.4 system. Thisgiven that the model does not always present the same angle to the ground basedcontroller.
    As the picturesincluded so as toshow, it is not a such great issue with the Hitec BODA system.
    Personally I always relate to the antenna of the WW2 aircraft with the mast behind the cockpit and antenna strung to tip of tail ala Spitfire etc.

regards
    Alan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Again, thanks for the info. After getting my 1/3 scale Pup shot down on 72 mhz at Dawn Patrol Rendezvous in September, I am converting to 2.4.

In this case, I upgreded my Prizm 7 with the Spectra module and Optima 7 receiver. I read about the mod needed for the P7 and did it. Works great.

Dale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HI Mike, Is there any truth to the rumor that in the future,hitec is going to be selling 6packs of your 2.4 receivers,buy5 and get 1 free.I'll bet your going to sell allot of receivers that way.That sure sounds good to me,thanks ED.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Alan or mike...got a question please,

I've just bought the Spectra 2.4 module + 2# 7Chan Rx combo, will this module also work with a 9 chan receiver???, or in other words how many channels does this Tx module (on this combo) offers? Or is it that ALL modules on all the combos offered by hitec are the same?
    The reason of my question is because I noticed that the futaba 2.4 module/Rx combos come with modules limited in channels according to the Rx's capacity of chans., for example the 7chan combo...

thanks a bunch for you're help!!

dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With the Futaba 9c, for example, you can only get 8 channels, no matter which company's 2.4 module you buy because the Tx has to be in PPM Modulation when using a 2.4 module. The 9C's 9th channel only worked in PCM Modulation. The JR XP9303 supports 9 channels in both PCM and PPM so if you use a 2.4 module, you still have 9 channels available.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: danmart Hey Alan or mike...got a question please, I've just bought the Spectra 2.4 module + 2# 7Chan Rx combo, will this module also work with a 9 chan receiver???, or in other words how many channels does this Tx module (on this combo) offers? Or is it that ALL modules on all the combos offered by hitec are the same? The reason of my question is because I noticed that the futaba 2.4 module/Rx combos come with modules limited in channels according to the Rx's capacity of chans., for example the 7chan combo... thanks a bunch for you're help!! dan
    The Hitec Spectra and Spectra Promodules do not know how many channels the transmitter nor the receivers have.
    The number of channels relate tothe capacity of the Transmitter and/or the Receivers. Some Futaba transmitters said to have say 9 channels, only have that number when in PCMmode and one channel less when in PPM mode as whenused with a 2.4GHz module. A 10 channel RX willonly operate6 ch with a 6ch TX, or a 7ch RXwill still only operate on 7ch with a 10 CH TX. (If that does not clarify the matter, English being one of my worst subjects at school, please revert)

Regards
    Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got it! thanks rich and alan, very kind from ya

just waiting for my module to arrive now......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since my A9 is on back order at Tower, I ordered the Spectra 2.4 and 2 7-channel receivers for my Eclipse. Question for anyone, will the "Basic Telemetry" function be visible on the Eclipse's Transmitter screen, or does it only show up on the Aurora 9 transmitter...???
    \"I ran out of ideas and altitude at the same time...\"

\"The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves..!!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2 Since my A9 is on back order at Tower, I ordered the Spectra 2.4 and 2 7-channel receivers for my Eclipse. Question for anyone, will the "Basic Telemetry" function be visible on the Eclipse's Transmitter screen, or does it only show up on the Aurora 9 transmitter...???
    Negative - Only the Aurora has telemetry data on screen.
    Users of other TXwith a Spectra Procanlisten to the beeps and watch the LEDs of the module. Also use same HPP-22 USB interface to link module to a computer (say a Laptop at field) and log the data. There is also an app that will let you see your models flight path on Google Earth.

Download Station for Hitec Programmers HPP-21, HPP-21+ and HPP-22
    Aurora A9Telemetry Screens & Displays

Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) .
    {frequently updated}

Regards
    Alan T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys, i finally got hands on the Module + 2x 7chan Rx combo....nice
    tho i got a question about setting up with the 7chan optima reciever, is it ok to use chan7 slot for my 2° elevator servo and plug the battery into the chan5 slot of the Rx?? its a dual elev and dual aileron servo plane

So basically set-up would be like this on the reciever:

chan1: left ail
    chan2: left elev
    chan3: throttle
    chan4: rudder
    chan5: battery
    chan6: right ail
    chan7: right elev

Sorry if its in the wrong thread!!!!
    thanks for help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: danmart

hey guys, i finally got hands on the Module + 2x 7chan Rx combo....nice
    tho i got a question about setting up with the 7chan optima reciever, is it ok to use chan7 slot for my 2° elevator servo and plug the battery into the chan5 slot of the Rx?? its a dual elev and dual aileron servo plane

So basically set-up would be like this on the reciever:

chan1: left ail
    chan2: left elev
    chan3: throttle
    chan4: rudder
    chan5: battery
    chan6: right ail
    chan7: right elev

Sorry if its in the wrong thread!!!!
    thanks for help
    Hi danmart,
    The battery can be plugged into any unused channel. The battery is bussed across to all channels. You can use a "Y" connector for the battery if you need to use all channels
    Merry Christmas
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Isn't the standard to put the Right Aileron on the Aileron Channel and the Right Elevator on the Elevator Channel?

I am not criticizing, just pointing out what I thought was a standard in the manual.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahh i see now, thanks Gene for you're help!! and merry christmas to you too!!

barber u're right, my bad on typing earlier. the right ones are on chan 1 and 2

happy holidays!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gentleman

I just received an extra Aurora 9 with the nine channel receiver.

I've listed it for sale @ R/C Universe for what I paid for it. just look for sale under SPLINTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123