Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 8103 TX incident

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 8103 TX incident

I thought some of you might be interested to see the damage I sustained to my JR 8103 Transmitter when I dropped it in front of my airplane when the plane was idling.
I bent over to start the airplane and I begin to get a little dizzy from this position. So when I got the engine started I straightened up immediately and dropped the transmitter right in front of the rotating prop. Apparently the jar from hitting the pavement advanced the throttle a small amount. Just enough to cause the plane to move forward a few inches. The prop hit the display screen seven times. Count the marks. The last time the prop hit the screen it also caught the corner of the case around the screen. There was a small nick in the prop and a small portion of an APC prop protruding from the crack in the case. This action killed the engine. After testing the transmitter it did not function.
Back at my home I removed the rear cover. Inside there is a plug in connector approx 1" lone that connectes the rear cover to the rest of the circuitry. The RF section along with the Tx battery are located in the rear case.
I reconnected the connector and tested the Tx.
The frequency was correct, I checked the tuning with a output with a frequency scanner the output was correct was correct . The next day the Transmitter controlled my airplane in a fund fly contest for approx 10 flight. The operation was flawless.
I am sure that some of you would say "I would not use the Tx until I had it checked by Horizon". Well I checked it and it operational checked ok.
Good flying
Lee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	90165_5670.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	52173  
Old 06-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

This photo I with the Tx turned on.
The dim display is caused by the brightness of the scanner lamp when the display is viewed normally the brilliance is normal.
Just in case some one would ask the question am I going to repair the crack. No decision as yet on that.

Good flying
Lee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	90183_5670.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	52174  
Old 06-30-2003, 05:20 AM
Ernie Misner

Those JR transmitters must be pretty sturdy Lee! Thankfully you (or anyone else) didn't get hurt.

Ernie