Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best bang for the buck trans and receiver.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
dakotanut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best bang for the buck trans and receiver.

I have a deal working on a O'donnell Z01 B/T. It is a kit and doesn't come with electronics I think. I know it doesn't have a radio or receiver. I was just curious what would be the best at the least expensive price. I am looking at the FM radios and receivers. I don't really know much about them other than the wheel, trims, and throttle. I do know that the receivers have to have so many plugs for the servos and stuff. I have seen receivers that need batteries and those that don't. Is this important? Any and all info yall can give me would be greatly appreciated. All the vehicles I have all came with radios and receivers. Only one receiver has gone bad on me. LOL. Thanks I really appreciate yall's help.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
skeeter_ca

Default RE: Best bang for the buck trans and receiver.

Before BigEd pipes in, i want to be the first one to recommend the Airtronics RDS8000 2.4ghz. It's a 8 channel system which comes with the transmitter, receiver and switch harness for about $150 at Hobby People. It IS the best bang for your buck. It will last a long time for most sport flyers.

You will need servos and a inflight battery. The good thing about not having servos and battery pack with the radio purchase is you can then pick what type and size you need withput wasting anything.

skeeter
Old 09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
skeeter_ca

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Airtronics now have several different receivers to go with the RDS, so you can find additional receivers to fit your planes.

skeeter
Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM
dakotanut

Well, this is for a truck or buggy. Not a plane. I would never try to operate a plane or helicopter. I'm not that good. I'll stick to the ground type. LOL.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
skeeter_ca

Sorry, didn't realize what a O'donnell was. Never mind.

skeeter
Old 09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
skeeter_ca

Just checked and found that the car section has a forum for car radios. If you don't get a good response here you might try there.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_201/tt.htm

skeeter
Old 09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
dakotanut

Ah. Missed that. Sorry. I was thinking that this was for everything. I'm stupid some times. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I you are looking for the best bang for the buck you cant beat this one

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8338&Product_Name=Hobby_King_2.4Ghz_4Ch_Tx_&_Rx_(Mode_2)

There are at least three in our club and they work just fine.
I don't think I would fly a $10,000 jet with one though.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 PM
skeeter_ca

Yeah, that is an amazing price. He didn't say so but maybe he's looking for a pistol style Tx, being that it is a car.

skeeter
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: skeeter_ca

Before BigEd pipes in, i want to be the first one to recommend the Airtronics RDS8000 2.4ghz.

skeeter
Well, at least I'm getting my opinion across!

I suppose for the sake of being consistent, I can throw in a recommendation for the Airtronics MX Sport 2.4Ghz pistol radio:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751548.asp

On sale for $99, it seems to offer a lot of advanced features and appears to be a very solid value.

I've heard that Airtronics even makes a couple of pretty decent radio systems for airplanes and helicopters. [X(]
Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 AM
dakotanut

Sorry, I didn't know this was in the airplane part. Yes it is for a buggy/truggy. I'm not that good to do planes and helicopters.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:17 PM
skeeter_ca

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

ORIGINAL: skeeter_ca

Before BigEd pipes in, i want to be the first one to recommend the Airtronics RDS8000 2.4ghz.

skeeter
Well, at least I'm getting my opinion across!

I suppose for the sake of being consistent, I can throw in a recommendation for the Airtronics MX Sport 2.4Ghz pistol radio:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751548.asp

On sale for $99, it seems to offer a lot of advanced features and appears to be a very solid value.

I've heard that Airtronics even makes a couple of pretty decent radio systems for airplanes and helicopters. [X(]
DOOH!!!!![:@]

skeeter
Old 09-16-2009, 05:48 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

This isn't an aircraft-exclusive radio forum. I think pilots just geek out over their radios more than drivers do, so the forum is weighted in that direction.

The Airtronics MX Sport 2.4Ghz radio system I mentioned previously is specifically designed for cars, trucks, and buggies. It offers a lot of cool features and is a strong value.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM
dakotanut

Ok. I know there is so many different kinds. I first saw Futaba when I searched. Then I went to check out the prices on them. WOW! They are a bunch. So I was hoping that there was something as good or even better than and cheaper. I don't want cheap. By all means. Cause you get cheap. I'm just not gonna spend $400 and a radio and receiver. That is too much to me. For someone that is just gonna run around with it and have fun. Now if I was a pro or something then I might go for that.