Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tx charge = FAIL

Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx charge = FAIL

I got a charge lead for my radio's, its a futaba setup and i have my batts plugged in and i can't seem to get them to charge, i have a futaba magnum 2pl and a tower 2txp, i've tried it on and off but i get no reading from my charger (mrc 977) yet the other half of the lead for RX packs works fine, i can charge the batts from my battery tray from my MX3 but thats gets old having to swap um out every time. they're duracel 2650 cells any tips at all???

the lug
Old 09-19-2009, 09:55 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Tx charge = FAIL

I'd suspect the charge lead first. Can you borrow one from another local modeler?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:57 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: carrellh

I'd suspect the charge lead first. Can you borrow one from another local modeler?
uhhh no not really there's next to no one around here....
tho i'll try to volt meter it..

the lug
Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10 I got a charge lead for my radio's, its a futaba setup and i have my batts plugged in and i can't seem to get them to charge, i have a futaba magnum 2pl and a tower 2txp, i've tried it on and off but i get no reading from my charger (mrc 977) yet the other half of the lead for RX packs works fine, i can charge the batts from my battery tray from my MX3 but thats gets old having to swap um out every time. they're duracel 2650 cells any tips at all??? the lug
Your MRC 977 Delta Peak Charger cannotcharge (nor couldanysimilar unit)a batteryin that TX without userfirstlocating and bridging the diode in the TX.
Sirius Electronics- Bridging TX Diodes '
Best and easiest solution when using any fast/peak charger is toremove the battery pack and connect direct to the charger.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links